Yet another fly in the ointment - perhaps?

Beamafar

Will other countries follow suit?   This could impact MSC cruises calling at Dubrovnik and or Split:

Croatia and Austria have set limits on the validity of vaccine certificates presented by travellers, with a cut-off date of 270 days after the final dose. 

It means that vaccinated travellers seeking to avoid quarantine or other travel restrictions on arrival will need to show both proof that they have been vaccinated, and when. 

To enter Croatia, travellers from the EU must show proof of vaccination “not older than 270 days” (or roughly nine months), according to the Croatian government and reopen.europa.eu.

Austria has introduced similar criteria, with Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs travel advisory page for the country stating that proof of vaccinations “must not be older than 270 days”.

The EU Covid Cert, which is widely used for travel in the bloc, shows the date of the latest vaccine dose received.

I am a person that goes on a cruise/trip to rid myself of the hassles of daily living for awhile.  The continuation of changing requirements, etc., constitute hassles that impact what I would enjoy in a trip away from home.  I understand the need for such changing requirements.  If these are in the best interest of all, I support them.  But, I think it is going to be a significantly longer time before my travel agent is going to be booking my next cruise.  Or flights.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Will other countries follow suit?   This could impact MSC cruises calling at Dubrovnik and or Split:

Croatia and Austria have set limits on the validity of vaccine certificates presented by travellers, with a cut-off date of 270 days after the final dose. 

It means that vaccinated travellers seeking to avoid quarantine or other travel restrictions on arrival will need to show both proof that they have been vaccinated, and when. 

To enter Croatia, travellers from the EU must show proof of vaccination “not older than 270 days” (or roughly nine months), according to the Croatian government and reopen.europa.eu.

Austria has introduced similar criteria, with Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs travel advisory page for the country stating that proof of vaccinations “must not be older than 270 days”.

The EU Covid Cert, which is widely used for travel in the bloc, shows the date of the latest vaccine dose received.

Hi Bea, well…as long as they allow me on the ship.  Let’s run through this one more time.  Spend a day in Spit or a day in the Yacht Club…hmmmm…nope.  Yacht Club wins every time!  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

The chaos that I experienced in getting Shot #1 will occur in getting the booster?  Shot #2 was a 15 minute experience as compared to 2+ hours (with an appointment) for shot #1.  

This is EXACTLY what our experience was. It was pretty chaotic when they first opened up vaccinations for 65 and older.

With the ease and access of vaccinations now, thinking booster will go much faster.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The chaos that I experienced in getting Shot #1 will occur in getting the booster?  Shot #2 was a 15 minute experience as compared to 2+ hours (with an appointment) for shot #1.  

3 hours ago, phissy said:

This is EXACTLY what our experience was. It was pretty chaotic when they first opened up vaccinations for 65 and older.

With the ease and access of vaccinations now, thinking booster will go much faster.  

And this will be Shot #3. One more in a series. The groundwork has been put in place. 
Shots are currently available in the most interesting places. 

Seen last week while walking through DFW. 
At an airport for cryin’ out loud!

2A40BE4D-39DE-4A13-B11E-8BF43FDBBA61.thumb.jpeg.f5d15c25d8cc4c253e840f0974b9e593.jpeg

On 8/20/2021 at 2:11 PM, Beamafar said:

It's a good question. We're allegedly calling at Dubrovnik and Split next week and it's been 4 months since my last vaccination. Should be OK for now....

27 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I’d say you’ll be fine, Stephen.  I was more thinking of people booking for next year. Hope all goes well for you on your cruise.   

Thanks, we do, too. I do know that requirements change often so there's no telling what lies in store for us. We might end up on a "cruise to nowhere" so as long as the champagne 🍾 is flowing, we'll be happy. 😄 Some people onboard the MSC Splendida say it's possible to do private tours, others say "no." FWIW I hope my friends in Eire are allowed back onboard soon. ☘️

On 8/21/2021 at 3:48 PM, Bgwest said:

Those who have been vaccinated in the US are now allowed/encouraged to get a booster beginning 8 months after their last dose. 

Next fly?

CDC recommending booster for those over 60.  Those will be available Sept 20.  Nothing has been recommended for those less than 60.  Next fly?

24 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

CDC recommending booster for those over 60.  Those will be available Sept 20.  Nothing has been recommended for those less than 60.  Next fly?

Not sure what you mean...starting 9/20 anyone in the US can get a booster shot - for free - so long as 8mo have passed from being vaxxed.

27 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Nothing has been recommended for those less than 60.

Actually, immune compromised (including those that are less than 60) are currently getting boosters and not having to wait until Sept 20, per CDC guidance.  DW got call from doctor's office to arrange immediate since fits published criteria and she is < 60.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KeepSailing said:

Actually, immune compromised (including those that are less than 60) are currently getting boosters and not having to wait until Sept 20, per CDC guidance.  DW got call from doctor's office to arrange immediate since fits published criteria and she is < 60.

Correct...and as stated above, *everyone* in less than a month can start getting them (at the 8mo mark).

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Not sure what you mean...starting 9/20 anyone in the US can get a booster shot - for free - so long as 8mo have passed from being vaxxed.

Yes, and here's the thing: you have to wait 8 mos since the last shot, and where I live (in Virginia), nobody was getting vaccinated until February, and even then it was high risk people. I had to wait until April which means I wouldn't be eligible for a booster until late November. I have no worries about this for my upcoming cruises.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yes, and here's the thing: you have to wait 8 mos since the last shot, and where I live (in Virginia), nobody was getting vaccinated until February, and even then it was high risk people. I had to wait until April which means I wouldn't be eligible for a booster until late November. I have no worries about this for my upcoming cruises.

Ditto for Ohio. I got my 2nd jab in April. I also have zero worries.

• Like 1