Updated CDC guidance

kearney

After several months with no changes CDC guidance related to cruise ships, reflects some of the recent changes implemented by most if not all cruise lines.. like pre testing whether vaccinated or not  CDC guidance updated Aug 27

I found this phrasing interesting: "Added language reflecting that, as of July 23, 2021, the CSO and accompanying measures, such as technical instructions, are nonbinding recommendations for cruise ships arriving in, located within, or departing from a port in Florida. However, CDC will continue to operate the CSO as a voluntary program for such ships should they choose to follow the CSO measures on a voluntary basis." I wonder if they plan on continuing to fight the case in court or are moving on. It is interesting that the cruise lines initiated these tougher measures vs being told by the CDC. Alas, it does suggest... since it is now formalized that masking etc will be around a while longer...but for those planning... at least they have a better idea on what to expect. 

Here is the news story on this... nice summary...Seatrade-cruise

Edited by kearney
added link

That phrasing just incorporates the fact that the CSO is unenforeceable in Florida thanks to the DeSantis lawsuit.

Also interesting that they want cruise lines to "reconsider" and make people wear masks 100% of the time indoors in public areas, no matter vaccination status is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That phrasing just incorporates the fact that the CSO is unenforeceable in Florida thanks to the DeSantis lawsuit.

Also interesting that they want cruise lines to "reconsider" and make people wear masks 100% of the time indoors in public areas, no matter vaccination status is.

oh, I missed that.... I may end up cancelling another cruise or two..if that is still in effect late in the year

2 minutes ago, Anton said:

A significant change is the testing requirement for vaccinated guests drops to 2 days prior to boarding.  That’s a tall order for many to comply with.  

BA1D6E04-D9AA-413F-8F26-AF70E67D0A95.jpeg

Interesting.  It shows B2B requirements for unvaccinated.  I thought unvaxxed were banned from B2B.  When was this published ?

Looks like this guidance is calling for a test TWO days before embarkation, which would be a change from RCI's current THREE day policy (which actually is more like four days since they don't count boarding day). Wonder if RCI will change their policy given all the problems people seem to be having getting tested?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anton said:

A significant change is the testing requirement for vaccinated guests drops to 2 days prior to boarding.  That’s a tall order for many to comply with.  

BA1D6E04-D9AA-413F-8F26-AF70E67D0A95.jpeg

Two days is impossible especially when you are driving to the port!!  

Royal would need to start testing on embarkation day at their expense!!! This is getting ridiculous!!

When is this supposed to happen????

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Wildcat85 said:

RCCL should just do rapid tests before boarding and charge people for it. 

I agree….except with the charge!!  If they are going to make it so difficult they should bare some of the burden!!

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wildcat85 said:

RCCL should just do rapid tests before boarding and charge people for it. 

I remember when they tried this on Edge... and they abandoned the idea after people stood in line for hours

Is everyone forgetting that the cruise industry wants those CDC guidelines and sued FLA to get them back?

If I'm wrong, don't attack, tell me in a normal toned conversation so we aren't hating each other like we always end up doing.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Two days is impossible especially when you are driving to the port!!  

Royal would need to start testing on embarkation day at their expense!!! This is getting ridiculous!!

When is this supposed to happen????

It’s effective immediately unless I missed an implementation date in the revised order.   For Florida cruises it is not enforceable but Texas and NJ are not included in that exception.

3 minutes ago, csnarpy said:

well it appears you can use a self test, which would make things a lot easier.

Easier yes….but paying $150 for a testing kit is just not fair to ask passengers to pay.  I can afford it, but it is the principal of it!!  

Everyone is already running around like crazy getting their testing appts lined up.  Cutting the time from 3 days to 2 days makes a huge difference!!

I truly believe the CDC wants the cruise lines to fail and is throwing all it can to make passengers want to cancel.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Easier yes….but paying $150 for a testing kit is just not fair to ask passengers to pay.  I can afford it, but it is the principal of it!!  

Everyone is already running around like crazy getting their testing appts lined up.  Cutting the time from 3 days to 2 days makes a huge difference!!

I truly believe the CDC wants the cruise lines to fail and is throwing all it can to make passengers want to cancel.

The BinaxNOWTM COVID-19 Ag Card at home test  is going to be the way to go....and the cost is not $150 for a single test...it's a $150 for a pack of 6 tests.

• Like 3