Any Bets on Reflection Sailing in November???

1947wwjd

We did the lift and shift to the Reflection when our cruise on the Constellation was cancelled.

We are scheduled to sail Nov. 20 and have fully paid.

My husband tried to check in and was on the phone over 1 hour when he was told we cannot check in yet.

I'm betting the cruise will be cancelled.  Anyone else agree with me?

Don’t put too much betting money on the table yet. It’s not unusual for check in dates to be a little off, as opposed to the 90 days that we are used to seeing, particularly for ships that have not sailed yet. 

We are scheduled to sail on Constellation November 12/21 and we cannot complete check in yet. We’re not throwing in the towel.

Randy

• Like 2

Hey, it wasn't originally due to reach FLL until 11/6 (we should have been disembarking that day after bringing it home 😥 << best frowny emoji I could find handy here). 

Everything that Reflection has been doing over the last little while certainly indicates an intent to restart on schedule. 

I'd say the bigger threat to a schedule will be Apex, assuming that they wait until the scheduled 10/10 (10/24 arrival) date for the westbound TA.  Since it's been demonstrated that ships that have been carrying passengers coming back into US ports for the first time under the CSO have had to quarantine for 14 days, it's not at all clear how those short Caribbean sailings that were supposed to have started on 10/24 are going to happen.  One would think nothing until 11/8 at the earliest.

Seems that so far, none of the 'restart' cruises have come online for check-in until a long ways past the usual 90 days.  Our next is Constellation on 11/7+11/12, it's making all the right moves to be ready for its November schedule, and we're not seeing the option yet, either.  No need to fret yet.

On 8/28/2021 at 7:45 PM, canderson said:

Hey, it wasn't originally due to reach FLL until 11/6 (we should have been disembarking that day after bringing it home 😥 << best frowny emoji I could find handy here). 

Everything that Reflection has been doing over the last little while certainly indicates an intent to restart on schedule. 

I'd say the bigger threat to a schedule will be Apex, assuming that they wait until the scheduled 10/10 (10/24 arrival) date for the westbound TA.  Since it's been demonstrated that ships that have been carrying passengers coming back into US ports for the first time under the CSO have had to quarantine for 14 days, it's not at all clear how those short Caribbean sailings that were supposed to have started on 10/24 are going to happen.  One would think nothing until 11/8 at the earliest.

Celebrity is pushing hard on TA's to sell the Short Caribbean sailings. If they can't come to a resolution on the 14 day quarantine issue then the impending issues with US/EU travel I would tend to think the TA will get canceled. Bookings are light and prices are (purposely?) extremely high. They have 2 shorts planned then an Apex PR/media cruise followed by the naming ceremony which has been in the works since they adjusted the TA dates. 

42 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Celebrity is pushing hard on TA's to sell the Short Caribbean sailings. If they can't come to a resolution on the 14 day quarantine issue then the impending issues with US/EU travel I would tend to think the TA will get canceled. Bookings are light and prices are (purposely?) extremely high. They have 2 shorts planned then an Apex PR/media cruise followed by the naming ceremony which has been in the works since they adjusted the TA dates. 

When you say the TA would be cancelled, do you mean Apex won’t come over or won’t come over with passengers. From an epidemiology standpoint, I don’t know why the ship couldn’t serve its quarantine while deadheading across the Atlantic, as long as no one enters or leaves the ship for 14 days and proof of that is provided?

6 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

When you say the TA would be cancelled, do you mean Apex won’t come over or won’t come over with passengers. From an epidemiology standpoint, I don’t know why the ship couldn’t serve its quarantine while deadheading across the Atlantic, as long as no one enters or leaves the ship for 14 days and proof of that is provided?

It seems more likely that the ship would sail over empty before starting the Caribbean season. I don't think there is any requirement that the ship has to reach a US port then start the 14 day quarantine. But the last statement from the CDC said they were still trying to work out a resolution so we shall see....

On 8/28/2021 at 6:11 PM, NaplesKnitter said:

I’ve seen the Reflection on the Port Everglades webcam these past few weeks- so they are collecting staff and getting ready. We are on the Nov. 6 cruise.

We are on that cruise also and have fingers crossed it will happen !!

Hope it works out.

We also lifted and shifted from a long ago Connie cruise out of Tampa.  Our  new cruise RT Port Ev  is not until Jan 2022,  but we'd like to see the ship sailing before making final payment.

Following Reflection  progress very closely.

On 8/28/2021 at 7:01 PM, 1947wwjd said:

We did the lift and shift to the Reflection when our cruise on the Constellation was cancelled.

We are scheduled to sail Nov. 20 and have fully paid.

My husband tried to check in and was on the phone over 1 hour when he was told we cannot check in yet.

I'm betting the cruise will be cancelled.  Anyone else agree with me?

Yes, you are right to be concerned. We were booked on the same cruise, but switched to the Equinox for the same week. We were on the Equinox in August 2021 and while waiting for the ship to clear to leave in the Retreat Lounge we were privy to a rumor and given a reason for the Reflections possible delay of November cruises. So we immediately got home and called our TA to make the change rather than gamble on our vacation time. Best to book a cruise on a ship staffed and presently sailing than hoping it might or might not sail.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It seems more likely that the ship would sail over empty before starting the Caribbean season. I don't think there is any requirement that the ship has to reach a US port then start the 14 day quarantine. But the last statement from the CDC said they were still trying to work out a resolution so we shall see....

+1 to that.  It appears that a crew 'at sea' for 14 with no pax may well resolve the problem, and the TA was scheduled at 14 days, just bringing them into compliance if the CDC will let them count it that way.  That would allow for the first Caribbean short cruise to sail on time.  Would also guess this means another TA with no pax (like my Reflection cruise that didn't happen).

On 8/28/2021 at 7:45 PM, canderson said:

Here's my sad face as I was also scheduled for the TA to bring Reflection back to Ft. Lauderdale on 11/6. 🤣

When we checked in for Edge cruise this past summer, the window opened 5 weeks before sailing.  As ships are coming back online; I would expect things like check in to be delayed some.

I read on another median where many guest facing crew members and entertainment for the Reflection are scheduled to arrive in Florida the week of Sept 18.  If my bad math is correct, that would be 2 weeks to quarantine and then another 3-4 weeks to get comfortable in their role and get ready for guest in early Nov.  I've always been a glass half full; so I'm not alarmed that the Reflection will not be sailing in Nov.  Truth is - it's anyone's guess at this point.  Things seem to be changing daily.  I'm more interested about changes to the ports of call and excursion restrictions (Celebrity curated only, etc) on the fall Reflection cruises then I am them canceling the cruises at this point.

On 8/28/2021 at 7:11 PM, NaplesKnitter said:

I’ve seen the Reflection on the Port Everglades webcam these past few weeks- so they are collecting staff and getting ready. We are on the Nov. 6 cruise.

We're also on the Nov 6th cruise.  For those unaware, it's the first scheduled Reflection cruise out of FLL.  It was supposed to be the first post-transatlantic itinerary (which of course isn't happening).

I am also looking to check in. We are booked for 11/13.   I know that with Royal both the Ovation and Serenade had late starts to check in's for August and September sailings.  Royal has been back to 90 days out for ships that are in service.  The hesitation was for ships that were still staffing up and getting all of their approvals.

I am confident our sailing will be a go.   I sure hope so or we will need to find a hotel for a week between sailings on other ships.

On 8/28/2021 at 7:11 PM, NaplesKnitter said:

We are on the same sailing!  Hope it’s not cancelled.

• Like 1