Marina’s Restart Cruise ….

ToxM

….is today!

Good luck to Oceania and all who sail on her ..

If you have a chance to send us some info about what has changed, what works, what doesn’t, Currents and menus.

Most of all … have a lovely time 🙂

• Like 8

10 hours ago, ToxM said:

….is today!

Good luck to Oceania and all who sail on her ..

If you have a chance to send us some info about what has changed, what works, what doesn’t, Currents and menus.

Most of all … have a lovely time 🙂

Thanks for posting.  I’d love to see some current pictures and if balcony cabins have been refurbished!

We saw video of the crew welcoming everyone onto Marina and there were a lot of smiles behind those masks. We did see one person without a mask however but they were all outside on the pier. 

From the people who sailed on Marina’s 4-5 day test cruise prior to today, they said all the redo and updates were wonderful. O did not just waste time doing nothing for 18 months.  AND the new menus are outstanding. Maybe they will offer a Free subscription to Weight Watchers for us all when we get back aboard Marina and Riviera in the coming days and weeks. 👍🤪🤞

Like all of you, we are interested in the Embarkation processes and are 🙏for a successful cruise launch and continued Oceania cruising.  We did see that the Norwegian Gem in Alaska had a person test positive aboard so we all will need to be careful and take precautions when we sail, tested and vaccinated and hopefully ever Boostered. We intend to get our booster this week, can not be too careful 😷🤞🙏

Mauibabes

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mauibabes said:

AND the new menus are outstanding. Maybe they will offer a Free subscription to Weight Watchers for us all when we get back aboard Marina and Riviera in the coming days and weeks. 👍🤪🤞

I'd love to see the new menus. The Oceania website only seems to have the ones dated Jan 2020 and I know there's newer ones.

1 hour ago, patty1955 said:

I'd love to see the new menus. The Oceania website only seems to have the ones dated Jan 2020 and I know there's newer ones.

Maybe someone will post them 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe someone will post them 😉

It will be interesting. On our cruise last month, everything hand gone paperless. No printed menus, schedules, etc per required protocols. Everything was on these computer generated codes. You up load the app, point your camera at the design, and the menu appears. They left one in your cabin with all the next day’s activities. 

So someone good enough to capture that menu and forward it as a file, good luck !  😂. Beyond my skills! 

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

It will be interesting. On our cruise last month, everything hand gone paperless. No printed menus, schedules, etc per required protocols. Everything was on these computer generated codes. You up load the app, point your camera at the design, and the menu appears. They left one in your cabin with all the next day’s activities.

Yep, QR codes. Lots of restaurants have been doing this during the pandemic. Works great assuming you can read it on your phone!

It was a very orderly check in process. Tested, waited for results.. proceeded to a typical check in desk for cards, but since the check in was online this took a minute for us. Apparently some had to retake photos. Once on the ship, proceeded to check in at muster stations, crew demonstrated the jacket to individuals, and done!  There was a flag for guests to sign, Which was hoisted with a pool deck celebration.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

18 hours ago, mauibabes said:

We saw video of the crew welcoming everyone onto Marina and there were a lot of smiles behind those masks. We did see one person without a mask however but they were all outside on the pier. 

From the people who sailed on Marina’s 4-5 day test cruise prior to today, they said all the redo and updates were wonderful. O did not just waste time doing nothing for 18 months.  AND the new menus are outstanding. Maybe they will offer a Free subscription to Weight Watchers for us all when we get back aboard Marina and Riviera in the coming days and weeks. 👍🤪🤞

Like all of you, we are interested in the Embarkation processes and are 🙏for a successful cruise launch and continued Oceania cruising.  We did see that the Norwegian Gem in Alaska had a person test positive aboard so we all will need to be careful and take precautions when we sail, tested and vaccinated and hopefully ever Boostered. We intend to get our booster this week, can not be too careful 😷🤞🙏

Mauibabes

Please could you tell us where this video can be seen or downloaded, thank you

1 hour ago, BenMurphy said:

I've just watched the embarkation video on FB it was very emotional.

Everyone, EVERYONE joyful to be returning to sea.

Josie xx

I felt emotional when I saw it as well!

21 hours ago, SEASwim said:

Yep, QR codes. Lots of restaurants have been doing this during the pandemic. Works great assuming you can read it on your phone!

Oh, gosh yes. I kinda take it for granted now. 

Reduced capacity right now— no idea the numbers, but we heard 50%.    There are no digital menus— no interactive TV yet.  it’s hard to tell if the internet if faster as the numbers are so low. 
  Polo last night — no changes in the menu from 2019.   
Ronne today— we need a negative test to disembark, —our test for boarding on Sunday is a few hours too old—  testing will be given for those who need a new one.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

4 hours ago, BarbaraM said:

Reduced capacity right now— no idea the numbers, but we heard 50%.    There are no digital menus— no interactive TV yet.  it’s hard to tell if the internet if faster as the numbers are so low. 
Ronne today— we need a negative test to disembark, —our test for boarding on Sunday is a few hours too old—  testing will be given for those who need a new one.  

Stay safe and carry on having a good time!

7 hours ago, BarbaraM said:

Thank you for keeping us updated on this. 

• Thanks 1

I know the Marina trip with invited Family and Friends was reportedly carrying 400-500 guests. If Marina is running 50-60%: that would mean 625 to 750 and I have a call into O to see if they tell me. Will share once I hear.

Gerry

5 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

I know the Marina trip with invited Family and Friends was reportedly carrying 400-500 guests. If Marina is running 50-60%: that would mean 625 to 750 and I have a call into O to see if they tell me. Will share once I hear.

Gerry

Heard directly from someone currently onboard that there are 400 people aboard.....