Binax Now AG card Test. Where to buy?

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

Wow, that is expensive!  $150 pp????  Guess we will do the full test at our CVS, last time I had results in 1.5 days.  Our Walgreens also does the Rapid ID test which is also accepted.

It’s 150.00 for 6 tests which can be used for 6 different people.

1 hour ago, ryano said:

I'm not having any luck with these tests at all. Optum let me place an order even though they were out of stock and now I haven't been approved for the six pack from Emed yet even though most everyone has been approved same day when ordering during the week.   Hopefully tomorrow.  

What time did you order?  I ordered early this morning and didn’t get the approval email until very late this afternoon.  

Optum has the 2-pack back in stock today for $69 delivered.  But I noticed that CNN just did a story about how there may be a shortage of BinaxNow in the coming weeks. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/27/health/delta-variant-covid-19-test-demand-wellness/index.html

If you have a cruise in the next few months, you may want to pick this up now, at least as a backup plan.  This may be the only way to ensure that you have test results on cruise day.

But just imagine if there is a shortage of the BinoxNow COVID AG card, which is the only self administered test approved by RCI.  And test results for local PCR tests may not return within 3 days if there is high demand for those.  So the cruise lines and passengers may have quite a dilemma.  All we can do is stay informed and prepared as much as possible.  

Tests are available right now at Optum. If you add to your cart and go back later to purchase, it’ll be there waiting.  I had one sitting in my cart for two days.  While the site said Sold Out, mine was apparently allotted and held. I now have 8 tests for four people.  If in November when we hope to sail, we find out they’re still not requiring testing to return to mainland US from San Juan, we will hopefully sell at the pier for a profit. 

Edited by Chauncey Picklepants
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

What time did you order?  I ordered early this morning and didn’t get the approval email until very late this afternoon.  

I ordered at 9:15 am yesterday morning.   It was finally approved around 8am EST this morning and they will ship out today for tomorrow delivery 🙂  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chauncey Picklepants said:

Tests are available right now at Optum. If you add to your cart and go back later to purchase, it’ll be there waiting.  I had one sitting in my cart for two days.  While the site said Sold Out, mine was apparently allotted and held. I now have 8 tests for four people.  If in November when we hope to sail, we find out they’re still not requiring testing to return to mainland US from San Juan, we will hopefully sell at the pier for a profit. 

Its looking like Im going to have at least 4 to sale myself.  I only need one and a backup in case of faultiness. 

Got an appt made today at CVS for the rapid result test (NAAT) for 3 days before our cruise.  Going to get up in the middle of the night to try to schedule the Rapid Antigen test at CVS for the next day.  Stopped there today and they told me they have no cancellations and do test all day.  This is where we got our last test.  So hoping I can get one scheduled.  She said they update at midnight, so will get  up when I wake up during the night and try to schedule that one.  Also will book at full PCR and another one at Walgreens.  Between all of them, we should be good.

On 8/31/2021 at 2:05 PM, ryano said:

My favorite movie of all time 🙂    let me get them in and get my test done and make sure they are ok.  My total cost with expedited shipping was 167.74 so whatever that is divided by 6 is what I would ask per test.    I dont think Im allowed to leave my email address here though and we dont have a private message function.  

I know, right? Val Kilmer at the top of his career! I did end up ordering some for myself, but will need more for March...what is the expiration?  We can figure out the email situation if need be. 

On 8/31/2021 at 6:58 PM, FrancinaTravels said:

We are considering this option for upcoming side-by-side cruises, on Celebrity and RCL. Testing is required to board the second cruise so we would test during the first cruise.   Has anyone done this?  Any issues we should be aware of?  

Celebrity should be able to test you onboard the last full day of your cruise.  Just go to customer service desk the beginning of your cruise and let them know you need test to board your s2s cruise on royal.

Edited by Sunshine3601

My plan is to simply try to make a drugstore antigen test 2 days before the cruise. If that falls through, go with an Abbot proctored test as a backup. If you search Parodeejay on youtube, you'll see a normal cruise couple doing the test at home, including dealing with problems and talking with the proctors (I was happy you don't have to sit with a person watching you for the 15 minutes for the test to process--you just ring up for another person to verify the results). Has anyone heard of pricing for the tests RC will be selling? 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 6:22 PM, irishgal432 said:

I would venture you could go to the port with a a big sign and you could get premium bucks for those people who came without one. 😜

Ooh, that's a thought.

Get a stack of tests and sell them for $100 a pop at the pier.

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Celebrity should be able to test you onboard the last full day of your cruise.  Just go to customer service desk the beginning of your cruise and let them know you need test to board your s2s cruise on royal.

We are trying to get confirmation from Celebrity that they will provide this for us. I would feel even more comfortable if someone posted their experience. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrancinaTravels said:

We are trying to get confirmation from Celebrity that they will provide this for us. I would feel even more comfortable if someone posted their experience. 😎

They would test you if you had to fly home from the cruise so why not test you to go on an RCCL cruise. Or simply tell them you need the test to fly home.  Just go to customer relations day 2 or 3 and have them arrange a test date for the next next to last day and make sure you get a hard copy of the results.