Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

22 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

I was once told the cherries themselves were sugar free.  They are tart but I asked what it was sweetened with.  The box had been discarded!  Cherries are still fruit so a bit of caution to diabetes but if they are truly unsweetened including without cornstarch that could help perhaps. 

My taste would be two spoonsful...just to avoid feeling deprived! Same goes for sherbert, sorbet, gelato and ice creams!

5 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Jim, or any X veterans:

Other than Lumiere for suite pax, do Celebrity ships have any upscale lunch venues where you can  sit and get unhurried lunch table service with  at least a partial ocean view ( inside or outside, with or without an upcharge)?

I will be in a Sky Suite on Edge, first X cruise, in November.  I am not much of a breakfast eater ( usually just get something light delivered to the suite preceded by my coffee) and instead prefer a calm, sit-down, unhurried early 3-course lunch. I have been studying the dining options online and they are a bit overwhelming.  My guess is Lumiere will be my best bet, though it does not open for lunch until 12?

Thank you in advance.  I appreciate everyone's practical advice, input and enthusiasm.

I don’t know of a place open for early lunch that will serve you a nice, sit down meal.  Tuscan and Murano had a special lunch once but started at 12.  Luminae lunch is only on sea days starting at 12.  Sushi on 5 opens at 11:30 or 12 depending if in port or sea day.  Main dining starts at 11:45 for lunch on sea days.  These are the only restaurants that serve that I know about.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blue_Flame said:

We'll be sailing Equinox this November (hopefully). We're hoping to buy some Apple merchandise with OBC and wondered if you've noticed whether or not they have Air Pods and Air Pods Pro (the bluetooth earphones) in inventory. We realize that their merchandise offerings change, but we're curious as to whether or not they are currently in stock.

Thanks and continued safely in your travels.

I stopped by the ilounge when heading back to our cabin tonight.  Here are pictures of the sales cabinet, but I didn’t see AirPods.  They might have them, just nobody in the lounge at this time.

56649D2D-6406-4B0C-AA3A-83515B87B964.jpeg

A9262CF8-7328-4E5F-A9DD-F3E953AB5AB2.jpeg

A2F28645-75C8-42E4-8FD2-F7E2A6D73E29.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, funatseascott said:

I stopped by the ilounge when heading back to our cabin tonight.  Here are pictures of the sales cabinet, but I didn’t see AirPods.  They might have them, just nobody in the lounge at this time.

Thanks very much for checking. That was very helpful. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Blue_Flame
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 2:46 AM, Sascol said:

Can you tell us please….who are the bartenders at the martini bar?.

One of the Bartender's name was Komamge (sp).    The others were also a Philippine name that I could not understand when they told be.    Instead they agreed to a group Photo.

709BCC2F-154F-48DF-BB46-654B8FD42AA9.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 4

Hi Jim! Did you by any chance notice Peloton bikes at the gym? I know some of the Celebrity ships have them. If not, did you notice any cycling fitness classes on the daily planner during your cruise? Four more days until embarkation for us and we can't wait!

Edited by brickellcruiser

20 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Jim

I agree,,,my granddaughter wears a clip on tie for school,I use a Windsor Knot.

My description of Black Tie snobbery and an example was meant to be taken lightly.Hence the smiling emojis.

I would always accept others choices and opinions.

Not a problem.    When you were describing the folks you sea on other cruises I was trying to push out of my mind some of the things I've seen aboard.   Yesterday I saw a Lady get up wearing an American Flag String Bikini.    I will just describe it as a more than full figure woman and the strap in the rear was about 1/2" wide but invisible as it disappeared into the cracks... 

I would have preferred she tie a Windsor Knot. 

• Haha 15

20 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Jim, or any X veterans:

Other than Lumiere for suite pax, do Celebrity ships have any upscale lunch venues where you can  sit and get unhurried lunch table service with  at least a partial ocean view ( inside or outside, with or without an upcharge)?

I will be in a Sky Suite on Edge, first X cruise, in November.  I am not much of a breakfast eater ( usually just get something light delivered to the suite preceded by my coffee) and instead prefer a calm, sit-down, unhurried early 3-course lunch. I have been studying the dining options online and they are a bit overwhelming.  My guess is Lumiere will be my best bet, though it does not open for lunch until 12?

Thank you in advance.  I appreciate everyone's practical advice, input and enthusiasm.

On Sea Day Celebrity offer sit down lunch in the Main Dining Room for all guests.  

The also often have luncheon's for up charge in Murano's and Tuscan on Sea Days.   Sushi on 5 is open daily for lunch for an upcharge. 

For the Special Lunches just ask any server.   Also outside Ocean View they have folks out trying to sell you specialty dining.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not a problem.    When you were describing the folks you sea on other cruises I was trying to push out of my mind some of the things I've seen aboard.   Yesterday I saw a Lady get up wearing an American Flag String Bikini.    I will just describe it as a more than full figure woman and the strap in the rear was about 1/2" wide but invisible as it disappeared into the cracks... 

I would have preferred she tie a Windsor Knot. 

Some people seem to not own any mirrors! Or just do not care??

Most flag wear other than tees and caps are kind of  "ew" for us!

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Will you do a review and pictures in a separate thread?

Come on, say yes!😁

I guess you don't need to worry about Social Distancing.   

That is almost scary.      With the low PAX on Summit, I can only imagine what the Theater would look like.    Enjoy your private yacht.     You will have stories to tell once sailing returns to the new normal

19 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We always wondered how they accessed the bottles of wine at the top..  

If I recall there is a Library Style ladder that slices around.    I've never actually seen them retrieve any of those high up bottles.

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On Sea Day Celebrity offer sit down lunch in the Main Dining Room for all guests.  

The also often have luncheon's for up charge in Murano's and Tuscan on Sea Days.   Sushi on 5 is open daily for lunch for an upcharge. 

For the Special Lunches just ask any server.   Also outside Ocean View they have folks out trying to sell you specialty dining.  

These are all good on X ships that offer them.  The lunches are usually an abbreviated menu at  lower pricing but a good experience,

.. Catlvr is going on EDGE in a suite ... so I mentioned diff choices .  Esp the Bistro for lunch.

20191117_115048.jpg

20191117_115929.jpg

20191117_115950.jpg

20191117_120019.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Hatteras51 said:

Hi Purplsmurf. I haven't chatted with you in quite a while.  You are correct about the current curfew and requirements.  We were there for several weeks  last June. They lifted the mask requirement while we were there, along with some of the other restrictions.  I'm sure that you know that they had to put the restrictions back in place when delta hit the island and numbers went back up. Since they just recently lifted the restrictions again,  it looks like the cruise lines didn't get the memo. Fortunately,  numbers are trending down in Aruba again,  so hopefully,  they are almost through this surge.

Happy you are all correcting me.    I'll be the first that with mixed messaging we often get different advise verbally, written and rumor.    At one time on various posts I heard we lost the B & C and were down to A but happy we are now on the A C B cruises.  

I was thinking we were to be in Bonaire today.    Sailing on Friday has really messed thrown us on as to what day  of the week it is.

18 hours ago, Blue_Flame said:

We'll be sailing Equinox this November (hopefully). We're hoping to buy some Apple merchandise with OBC and wondered if you've noticed whether or not they have Air Pods and Air Pods Pro (the bluetooth earphones) in inventory. We realize that their merchandise offerings change, but we're curious as to whether or not they are currently in stock.

Thanks and continued safely in your travels.

I chatted with the sales person earlier and the said they did not have air pods.    Most of the  inventory is pre-Covid and I think they are trying to burn it off.

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If I recall there is a Library Style ladder that slices around.    I've never actually seen them retrieve any of those high up bottles.

You mean to say that you did not request one of those bottles and then send it back just to see the ladder in action??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

One of the Bartender's name was Komamge (sp).    The others were also a Philippine name that I could not understand when they told be.    Instead they agreed to a group Photo.

709BCC2F-154F-48DF-BB46-654B8FD42AA9.jpeg

thank you Jim. Much appreciated.

17 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I'm being a recluse on this sailing because I have more upcoming shortly.  Can't risk a contract trace again.  I might try on a later sailing.

I can only imagine.   Your thread was really informative enough to make me keep my mask on the entire cruise and avoid any chance of not being able to do our B2B.

I guess you read they discontinued the tracelets.      So far the new2 day testing seems to have weeded out any potential local infections pre-cruise.    So far we haven't had a case reported and I hope it stays that way.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, leafsnation said:

We are on the same B2B Nov 7 and 19.

Thanks for real time time updates.

We fly in to FLL a day before so no access to the Health Questionaire . Hopefully can fill out at checkin.

Bob

No problem at all.   If the same as our check-in.   Even if you answered questionnaire the day of sailing the read and recorded the same questions during check-in.

On the current cruises the questionnaire wasn't available until about and 1 before check-in

15 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I am surprised for a bit under 15% occupancy from a US port.  Was the ONLY person in Rendezvous last night.  Outnumbered 4 to 1 by the musicians (who are very good).

A private concert just for you.    That occupancy rate really surprises me.   

3 hours ago, brickellcruiser said:

Hi Jim! Did you by any chance notice Peloton bikes at the gym? I know some of the Celebrity ships have them. If not, did you notice any cycling fitness classes on the daily planner during your cruise? Four more days until embarkation for us and we can't wait!

I haven't been up to the Gym but may wander up there in the coming days.  

I noticed that they had a Fitness Class today:   Ryde Indoor Cycles (spelled exactly like this) with an * which indicates an additional fee will apply. 

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

You mean to say that you did not request one of those bottles and then send it back just to see the ladder in action??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

I doubt my wine would be way up there.     I drink Fre Cabernet by Sutter Hill and it is very limited on the ship.  I'll let you all Google on this very Rare wine. 

Bo -  I think it's also Vegan.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Haha 1