Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

We enjoyed the same route on a golf cart as you in our last trip to the island....climbed inside one of the very small 'sleeping' huts....I'm a small person and I had trouble getting in and unable to stand up fully.  Did you do both north and south roads?

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Google is really helpful starting place.    Since their headquarters is walking distance to my house I use them often.

image.png.b439bcf901281ddc85c17306ab8e97cc.png

Also check out  https://www.melonthego.com/curacao-street-art/ 

Good hotel but not sure if impacted by Covid restrictions.

image.png.1fa4b5ac9aae2087f36ac13ee2df7482.png

Thank you for going out of your way to post this.. It is going in my travel file for future reference.   

Your pictures brought back memories of our ABC trip on Equinox 2017.   Did you all get a sample of the salt?  The little donkeys made me sad.  They looked hungry.  This must have been the same tour as we had.  Glad they're still in business.

4 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We enjoyed the same route on a golf cart as you in our last trip to the island....climbed inside one of the very small 'sleeping' huts....I'm a small person and I had trouble getting in and unable to stand up fully.  Did you do both north and south roads?

It was really fun day.  We did the full South Route and then as far as the 1,000 steps on the North Route.    We opted to then turn around and get back to the ship by 1:30 PM. 

I would say it is one of the best bargains  you can book.    It didn't take long to get used to driving the thing after passing a couple on-coming tour buses.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Your pictures brought back memories of our ABC trip on Equinox 2017.   Did you all get a sample of the salt?  The little donkeys made me sad.  They looked hungry.  This must have been the same tour as we had.  Glad they're still in business.

We rented golf carts from Curacao Cruisers and toured on our own at our own pace.    The donkey's we saw were not at the preserve and were wild donkeys     In the areas we were they looks like they were finding sufficient food. 

The Flamingo's were our favorite.    One flock were able get close but they kept an eye on us and would move away as we tried to approach.

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It was really fun day.  We did the full South Route and then as far as the 1,000 steps on the North Route.    We opted to then turn around and get back to the ship by 1:30 PM. 

I would say it is one of the best bargains  you can book.    It didn't take long to get used to driving the thing after passing a couple on-coming tour buses.   

We also enjoyed the island.  Very nice and can see coming back to stay, just not in the slave huts.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, funatseascott said:

We took a private tour and went north and south, basically drive the entire island.  We saw golf carts in plenty of places but that had to be a dusty drive today.

Surprisingly they were pretty dust free.    Most of the time we didn't see a single vehicle.   With the windshield down and no sides it was very comfortable temperature wise.   

3 hours ago, funatseascott said:

We also enjoyed the island.  Very nice and can see coming back to stay, just not in the slave huts.

I agree those were really small.    I was surprised on how undeveloped the South of the island is. 

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We rented golf carts from Curacao Cruisers and toured on our own at our own pace.    The donkey's we saw were not at the preserve and were wild donkeys     In the areas we were they looks like they were finding sufficient food. 

The Flamingo's were our favorite.    One flock were able get close but they kept an eye on us and would move away as we tried to approach.

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium.

Or in your case, Thursday and Bonaire, where you rented your golf carts from Bonaire Cruisers! 😇

I'm glad that the touring the island went well. Next time, start with the Northern route to complete your circle. I must say, I'm feeling very nostalgic looking at your daily photos and recognizing so many of the locations that I miss while I wait for our next cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, texanitalian said:

Did you make prior reservations for the golf cart online or just walk up in the morning?
Is it an hourly charge or half day charge?

Thank you for posting pictures and great tips!

Advance reservation is almost mandatory.     Someone (please raise your hand)  recommended them on our Roll Call and I reserved one about a month ago.    We had some friends aboard who contacted them about 3 days ago and was advised they were sold out but could check back after 10:00 for and no shows.   No advanced payment is required for a reservation.

They were very efficient and total check in time was about 5 minutes. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had a little sail away party.  Glenn did a wonderful job of setting everything up.  

Friends and cruising are what makes this trip so special. 

CF7591C9-FB2C-45B8-B08C-AF9CCE558607.thumb.jpeg.4b2aca854a2891c43176589b24b5e602.jpeg

21AB5852-FB40-44F9-9A6E-116F2B41CF19.thumb.jpeg.a2a3d9312c1e6dee0194cddf9e0616f0.jpeg

208DD893-6AF2-43CC-ABDF-3BA3DC735088.thumb.jpeg.d89307c27f8ce4386ebba2cfbc3c9bb1.jpeg

09CF445A-7F78-4B61-817D-4AB8EB5D3BDC.thumb.jpeg.540aaee8e438cefc38d6e5daa9b2b85f.jpeg

No piano in edge penthouse, but plenty of room for friends 😁