Head's Up - Cruise Planner Discounts On Deck September, 3, 2021

footzz

Cruise Planner Purchases are going to be discounted starting September 3, 2021 until September 13, 2021.  It'll be the usual % off sale and the discounts will vary by ship. As with all the % off sales, be sure to read the fine print and compare the final price to prior Cruise Planner purchases.

• Thanks 1

I know it’ll come as no surprise to many people here on CC, but the Cruise Planner “Sale” that supposedly started today, September 3, 2021, hasn’t changed any of the prices on either of our two upcoming cruises. In fact, there was no % off promotions in our Cruise Planner at all.

The flyer does state the offers are for “Select” sailings and “Discount varies by ship”, so it appears that neither of our bookings were included. The offers are supposed to continue until September 13, 2021, so just for grins, I’ll keep checking back to see if they actually do materialize.

Purely out of curiosity, did anyone following this thread actually have the “Sale” show up in their Cruise Planner?

Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Offers.pdf

Edited by footzz

4 minutes ago, footzz said:

I know it’ll come as no surprise to many people here on CC, but the Cruise Planner “Sale” that supposedly started today, September 3, 2021, hasn’t changed any of the prices on either of our two upcoming cruises. In fact, there was no % off promotions in our Cruise Planner at all.

Check back later in the day; sometimes they're slow to load in the new prices.

However, it appears this sale is the same as the one last week and the one 2 weeks before that.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:13 PM, footzz said:

Cruise Planner Purchases are going to be discounted starting September 3, 2021 until September 13, 2021.  It'll be the usual % off sale and the discounts will vary by ship. As with all the % off sales, be sure to read the fine print and compare the final price to prior Cruise Planner purchases.

Thank you for this. Just cancelled my original order and repurchased. Saved £100. Happy days! 😄

• Like 1

I have the 35% off banner in my CP but alas it’s the same 35% they’ve been advertising for every sale since January 🙄.  At this point, I am resigned to pay $58 plus tip for DPB.  But I’m not going to book it until I absolutely have to.  No sense giving them $1700 (4 adults!) a minute before I have to.

Edited by poocher

Although we are a year out, I went through the shore excursions currently being offered this past weekend and did write down pricing for those we may be interested in. 

A few of the options in some of the ports are at a 20% discount but for the most part, the prices have remained static or in some instances have actually gone up by an average of $5! 

Definitely need to critically look at the pricing offered. 

I've been monitoring the price of this one excursion for months - I had first saw it at $448 per person and I thought that was steep so I didn't purchase it then. Turns out that is the LOW price and ever since then it has been $720 or on "sale" for $682! I REALLY don't want to pay that much but honestly with each "sale" that comes I am losing hope that I'll ever see that $448 again. We sail in December and I worry it will be sold out by black friday. 😩

1 hour ago, Bananas27 said:

How much do you think the beverage package might be on Black Friday?   Currently shows $58 a day for my cruise at the end of January.  Doesn't seem like too much of a deal to me.

Your guess is as good as anybody’s. For reference, for our Oct. 2021 cruise, the DBP has been fluctuating between $67 and $58 a day since June 2021. For our Jan. 2022 cruise the same package has remained at $50 a day since May 2021.