groundloop

John Heald just announced the following start dates:

Valor - Nov 1st

Legend - Nov 14th

Pride - repositioning from Baltimore to Tampa Nov. 14th

Radiance - Dec. 13th

Conquest - Dec 13th

Sensation - January 2022

ALSO..... starting with cruises leaving Sept. 11th or later the Covid test must be done within 48 hours of cruising.

Edited by groundloop
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Regarding testing - from their website:

Effective with sailings as of September 13, 2021, the CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in.

• Like 1

Also, this:

Mobile Testing

We realize some of our guests are having a challenge getting a pre-cruise COVID-19 test, especially with the new two-day window established by the CDC that goes into effect on September 13, 2021. We are working to set up mobile testing sites at all our embarkation homeports to conduct a rapid test the day before or day of your departure. We are still working out the details and ask that you check back on this page. Carnival will be subsidizing the infrastructure of the mobile testing sites, but the company providing the testing will charge a per-person fee (to be established). Providers will not accept insurance, but you will be provided a receipt should you wish to submit the cost to your insurance carrier. You should consider this as a back-up alternative should you not be able to make arrangements. The mobile labs will either be in or adjacent to our terminals, or within walking distance.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

Regarding testing - from their website:

Effective with sailings as of September 13, 2021, the CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in.

OK, it's the 13th..... John mentioned "beginning next weekend" (or at leas that's what I thought I heard) so I assumed he meant the 11th.  At least that means a few more folks won't have to reschedule their Covid test.

• Like 1

Just now, groundloop said:

OK, it's the 13th..... John mentioned "beginning next weekend" (or at leas that's what I thought I heard) so I assumed he meant the 11th.  At least that means a few more folks won't have to reschedule their Covid test.

I wouldn't risk anything at this point if I had a cruise next week. I would make sure to document what is in writing, triple check it, and triple verify it. Then, I would still probably move the appt to 2-days prior instead of 3.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

Also, this:

Mobile Testing

We realize some of our guests are having a challenge getting a pre-cruise COVID-19 test, especially with the new two-day window established by the CDC that goes into effect on September 13, 2021. We are working to set up mobile testing sites at all our embarkation homeports to conduct a rapid test the day before or day of your departure. We are still working out the details and ask that you check back on this page. Carnival will be subsidizing the infrastructure of the mobile testing sites, but the company providing the testing will charge a per-person fee (to be established). Providers will not accept insurance, but you will be provided a receipt should you wish to submit the cost to your insurance carrier. You should consider this as a back-up alternative should you not be able to make arrangements. The mobile labs will either be in or adjacent to our terminals, or within walking distance.

With the testing now 2 days, it's a huge strain on flight plans....hope Carny follows through on the mobile labs...else, this is a deal breaker....CDC Strikes again....whew...

Edited by topaz123
  • Like 3

The Press Release details it out nicely:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-announces-next-round-restart-plans

MIAMI, Sept. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- With eight of its ships already in guest operations, and more restarting in September and October, Carnival Cruise Line today announced the next round of details about additional ship restarts for November 2021 and beyond.

• Carnival Valor will follow Carnival Glory in New Orleans with four- and five-night sailings starting on Nov. 1;
  • Carnival Legend will restart Nov. 14 out of Baltimore, replacing Carnival Pride, which restarts guest operations from Baltimore Sept. 12 and then moves its homeport to Tampa following a Panama Canal repositioning cruise;
  • Carnival Radiance will have a new maiden voyage date of Dec. 13 out of Long Beach (rescheduled from Nov. 5 due to a revised dry dock transformation plan);
  • Carnival Pride's new service from Tampa is scheduled to start on Nov. 14;
  • Carnival Conquest's restart from Miami on Oct. 8 has been rescheduled to Dec. 13;
  • Carnival Sensation's Oct. 21 restart from Mobile has been moved to Jan. 2022.

and these will not be sailing:

five ships operating out of U.S. homeports will be moved to 2022:  Carnival Liberty (Port Canaveral), Carnival Sunshine (Charleston), Carnival Paradise (Tampa); Carnival Ecstasy (Jacksonville) and Carnival Sensation (Mobile).

• Like 3

It seems pretty clear why we had to wait for this announcement - with the new 2-day CDC test period for vaxxed pax, they probably had to scramble to figure out what ports could support at-the-pier testing, so they didn't accidentally announce sailings that couldn't support that.  Way too many moving parts.

• Like 5

To test at/near the ports will require a massive purchase and availability of rapid covid tests and the necessary medical staff/company to manage it. Lets make a few assumptions: 2,500 vaxxed pax per sailing, 150 exmpted unvaxxed that get tested at the terminal. Assume 50% need testing at the port. You are talking about 5,000 tests every week. That is no small feat in procuring that many tests.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I had mentioned on another thread about Conquest not starting until December....

You did.  I went and checked my cruise when you did, but it had not yet been cancelled.  In fact, it didn't show cancelled as recently as yesterday.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, groundloop said:

ALSO..... starting with cruises leaving Sept. 11th or later the Covid test must be done within 48 hours of cruising.

oh wow. That’s big for anyone that can’t get the rapid. I took two PCRs. One took 42 hours. The other took about 84 hours

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

You did.  I went and checked my cruise when you did, but it had not yet been cancelled.  In fact, it didn't show cancelled as recently as yesterday.

I'd check again just to verify.  Last night ours was showing that it wasn't cancelled, this morning after John's announcement it is in fact showing that it's cancelled.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

To test at/near the ports will require a massive purchase and availability of rapid covid tests and the necessary medical staff/company to manage it. Lets make a few assumptions: 2,500 vaxxed pax per sailing, 150 exmpted unvaxxed that get tested at the terminal. Assume 50% need testing at the port. You are talking about 5,000 tests every week. That is no small feat in procuring that many tests.

I'd be really surprised if anywhere near 50% of passengers choose to get tested at the port, for the simple reason that they'd have to pay up front and hope to get reimbursed through their insurance.  

We'll be changing our plans slightly in that we'll be getting the test near our home and driving down the day before our cruise.  We had planned to spend a couple of days before the cruise looking around at some historical sites, but now we'll just have to do that after the cruise.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, groundloop said:

John Heald just announced the following start dates:

Valor - Nov 1st

Legend - Nov 14th

Pride - repositioning from Baltimore to Tampa Nov. 14th

Radiance - Dec. 13th

Conquest - Dec 13th

Sensation - January 2022

was it specifically 48 hours prior? Because that’s different than the 3 days. That means 9am test 2 days prior is not good. If so 48 hours from embarkation or from the ship leaving?

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

was it specifically 48 hours prior? Because that’s different than the 3 days. That means 9am test 2 days prior is not good. If so 48 hours from embarkation or from the ship leaving?

It specified two days, not 48 hrs.  And they gave the example of if your cruise leaves on a Saturday, you can get tested any time on Thurs or Fri (or even Sat).

Guess im losing money on my disneyland tickets which are non refundable as well as the 500 OBC I had with this booking offer (best offer i can get now is only 200 dollars OBC).  Flights cancelled, Hotels cancelled, Cheers and excursions refunds to wait for.  Held out hope but after it dropped to 67 days with ship still in Cadiz and no word about sailing i kinda was resigned to the fact it wouldnt happen.  Just sucks to lose money on this. Whelp off to check out what sailing i can move to now that might not get cancelled.

• Like 5