LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the Nieuw Amsterdam/The Return.... Part Two

LAFFNVEGAS

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

I'm almost as excited for all of you as if I was about to board the Dam ship!  Have a wonderful cruise - can't wait to hear all about it!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Me too!!! This shortened Alaska season has been great because of all the live threads and/or reviews.   When I see the photos it brings back such wonderful Alaska memories sailing on HAL.  

• Like 4

It took us all of 10 minutes to check in last week.  Hope the same goes for you.  Have fun!  You will really like the BB King band and the Billboard Onboard piano players.  They are really good!  The crew is so happy to see you and you will have LOTS of room on board your ship.  I am guessing you will have 1400 passengers and 850 crew members.  Personalized service!!!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dfish said:

What is going on with all the luggage?   Are they not picking it up outside the rooms in the early morning?

No, we had to take our luggage to the lobby by ourselves, then the HAL reps and bellmen (?) put the luggage on the bus. Hope this is just temporary due to COVID. We sailed on August 21st and left from HAL's Fairmont Hotel location.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PSR said:

No, we had to take our luggage to the lobby by ourselves, then the HAL reps and bellmen (?) put the luggage on the bus. Hope this is just temporary due to COVID. We sailed on August 21st and left from HAL's Fairmont Hotel location.

It wasn't easy to do it ourselves, that was a disappointment and a big reason we paid for an overpriced HAL hotel with a view of the roof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, PSR said:

Thanks for the explanation.   I will know to be ready for it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

It took us all of 10 minutes to check in last week.  Hope the same goes for you.  Have fun!  You will really like the BB King band and the Billboard Onboard piano players.  They are really good!  The crew is so happy to see you and you will have LOTS of room on board your ship.  I am guessing you will have 1400 passengers and 850 crew members.  Personalized service!!!

Bill I agree. Seattle has a super friendly and efficient cruise terminal staff. Our best and easiest embarkation.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, atexsix said:

It wasn't easy to do it ourselves, that was a disappointment and a big reason we paid for an overpriced HAL hotel with a view of the roof.

Yikes.  It may be a problem for us as well.   You didn't like the view of the roof?   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

What was DD's reaction to the cabin?

20 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Some quiet time.  The ambassador said we are at 60% but it doesn't feel crowded, I mean I'm actually enjoying the Crow's Nest at the moment.

PXL_20210905_013527517_MP.thumb.jpg.867568c58d6b40de884f68d4d88f669f.jpg

A happy Bruno! No more worries just savor and enjoy!🛳👍🏻

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 6:28 PM, dfish said:

The Sheraton is the  hotel through Holland America.   Holland provides transportation from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the pier.

Do they provide transportation to the hotel if you have not purchased flight ease also? 

43 minutes ago, zgscl said:

Do they provide transportation to the hotel if you have not purchased flight ease also? 

Yes.  The airport to hotel transportation is a service for those who book the hotel through them.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dfish said:

Yes.  The airport to hotel transportation is a service for those who book the hotel through them.  

Thanks. Between this and the earlier boarding I have to seriously consider for our next cruise. 

3 hours ago, atexsix said:

Some quiet time.  The ambassador said we are at 60% but it doesn't feel crowded, I mean I'm actually enjoying the Crow's Nest at the moment.

PXL_20210905_013527517_MP.thumb.jpg.867568c58d6b40de884f68d4d88f669f.jpg

60 percent is not crowded AT ALL!  That is probably what we had and I saw empty seats in some of the BB King concerts and never a line at any eating venue.  You have TONS of space per person, enjoy your good luck right now!  Hope the weather is good for you like it was for us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cruizer Bill said:

60 percent is not crowded AT ALL!  That is probably what we had and I saw empty seats in some of the BB King concerts and never a line at any eating venue.  You have TONS of space per person, enjoy your good luck right now!  Hope the weather is good for you like it was for us.

Wow, I think that is less than we had a few weeks ago. Wonderful to experience while we can. 

Rough seas during the night and into today, it woke us both around 3am. It's a bit better but still hard to walk for Dad, so we had breakfast in our room, and enjoying a lazy Sunday morning.

Saw a school of dolphins or at least some type of porpoise. We're pretty clouded up so no mountains off in the distance.

Internet has been good for us, we're on deck 7 aft, starboard side, I expected a lot worse after everything I heard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PSR said:

If you use the HAL hotel do they still charge you for transportation to the Port?

• Like 1