LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the Nieuw Amsterdam/The Return.... Part Two

LAFFNVEGAS

7 minutes ago, dfish said:

The Sheraton is the  hotel through Holland America.   Holland provides transportation from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the pier.

We're there now, don't expect much of a view unless you like the roof and air conditioners 😰PXL_20210904_013553424.thumb.jpg.f4912f77f30d5bf58611d7af53a89846.jpg

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

Have a Wonderful cruise Lisa, my nephew Marc and I will be following as the NA will be his first ever cruise in April, we are all going to be following from our arm chairs, So looking forward to your live thread.  Have fun, enjoy every minute, make memories and more importantly stay safe.....  HUGS from your Canuck friends....

Diane, Gloria and Marc.

• Like 3

Good Evening from Seattle, enjoyed dinner with friends at Elliot’s Oyster House. Now I am stuffed. It was a beautiful evening in Seattle. What I do find interesting is how many more people are in Seattle this weekend compared to when we were here in July. But then it is a holiday weekend.

Tomorrow is Cruise Day!!!

it will be good to get back on board.

5CD71B73-C3AE-498D-8911-E4B62CC9EB98.jpeg

81F2EA5C-80C8-4112-9769-1C610E921400.jpeg

9F6B61F4-D3B7-44E7-87E7-087045BB6F1E.jpeg

C6CD9BE7-C624-4C5F-BEBD-9C3FE1D20DFA.jpeg

70C46A0B-FBA9-43DF-B730-7EFDDC553DE7.jpeg

797BEEAA-ED08-4006-8316-3BD258DA2D67.jpeg

2C0E4645-3028-4902-9AE4-102FAF7F37BA.jpeg

C90E9D6D-7B0D-4846-8B71-8F3A40E12C85.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, TheBiskit said:

This is our 13th cruise, but our first on Holland.  What's the deal with the Sheraton?  We're coming in 2 days early and have booked the Renaissance downtown.  It will be our first time sailing out of Seattle.  (Last Alaska cruise was out of Vancouver on Royal).  I'm always looking for insider tips.  Thank you!  And have a great cruise -- looking forward to following along!

We are at the Renaissance now. Older hotel but nice enough.  Lots of hills to walk and we walked a lot!

We had a fabulous dinner at Capital Grille last night and I am headed out shortly to pick up some last minute things for the cruise.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Good Evening from Seattle, enjoyed dinner with friends at Elliot’s Oyster House. Now I am stuffed. It was a beautiful evening in Seattle. What I do find interesting is how many more people are in Seattle this weekend compared to when we were here in July. But then it is a holiday weekend.

Tomorrow is Cruise Day!!!

it will be good to get back on board.

5CD71B73-C3AE-498D-8911-E4B62CC9EB98.jpeg

81F2EA5C-80C8-4112-9769-1C610E921400.jpeg

9F6B61F4-D3B7-44E7-87E7-087045BB6F1E.jpeg

C6CD9BE7-C624-4C5F-BEBD-9C3FE1D20DFA.jpeg

70C46A0B-FBA9-43DF-B730-7EFDDC553DE7.jpeg

797BEEAA-ED08-4006-8316-3BD258DA2D67.jpeg

2C0E4645-3028-4902-9AE4-102FAF7F37BA.jpeg

C90E9D6D-7B0D-4846-8B71-8F3A40E12C85.jpeg

No oysters??

• Like 1

Good Morning from Seattle !!! The sun is shining and I see blue skies. My weather app says the clouds are suppose to come in around 10 this morning. The temps are considerably lower than what we are use to in Las Vegas. Currently 54 degree here but in Las Vegas it’s 75 and will be 100 today. So this is truly a bit chilly for this desert girl. Oh but we did come prepared for Alaska cold and rain. 

I mentioned last night how crowded it was here in Seattle, there is a Gamers convention. Many of them are dressed up like characters in their games. Definitely interesting 😁

Before cruising resumed in July we assumed that our first cruise July 24 would be the most restricted and that thing would be less restrictive by September. Oddly the opposite happened and this cruise has had more hoops to jump through such as the covid testing. But we do what we have to do to cruise.

I did want to mention that everyone here in Seattle even outside are all wearing masks. With so many young people at this convention it’s interesting to see them with masks and many incorporating the mask into the costume. 

well I I am going to get up and going this morning, think we might just order room service here at the hotel. With this convention Starbucks is crazy busy with long lines.

We will meet downstairs by 10:45 with the Hal Rep and will probably have the first bus heading out at 11:00 like last time.

• Like 20

6 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Good Morning from Seattle !!! The sun is shining and I see blue skies. My weather app says the clouds are suppose to come in around 10 this morning. The temps are considerably lower than what we are use to in Las Vegas. Currently 54 degree here but in Las Vegas it’s 75 and will be 100 today. So this is truly a bit chilly for this desert girl. Oh but we did come prepared for Alaska cold and rain. 

I mentioned last night how crowded it was here in Seattle, there is a Gamers convention. Many of them are dressed up like characters in their games. Definitely interesting 😁

Before cruising resumed in July we assumed that our first cruise July 24 would be the most restricted and that thing would be less restrictive by September. Oddly the opposite happened and this cruise has had more hoops to jump through such as the covid testing. But we do what we have to do to cruise.

I did want to mention that everyone here in Seattle even outside are all wearing masks. With so many young people at this convention it’s interesting to see them with masks and many incorporating the mask into the costume. 

well I I am going to get up and going this morning, think we might just order room service here at the hotel. With this convention Starbucks is crazy busy with long lines.

We will meet downstairs by 10:45 with the Hal Rep and will probably have the first bus heading out at 11:00 like last time.

Have a safe trip to the pier and ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Have a great trip. Any chance you could ask the HAL Rep what capacity is expected at for the September 18 sailing?

Thanks a bunch

• Like 2