Quarantine requirement for Amsterdam

Rrehfe4969@aol.com

Just notified by delta that you must quarantine for 5-10 days regardless of vaccination status unless in country less than 12 hours. We were planning on arriving 3 days early so now on hold with delta to see if we can change tickets. How many obstacles can they put in front of us before we say Cancel. Of course not sure Oceania would even allow it this late 

Richard rehfeldt 

I know someone from the US who arrived in Amsterdam on Tuesday by plane. He says they were not even required to show vaccination status and that no one is wearing masks anywhere. Is there a disconnect between Delta and the country officials?

It’s a brand new requirement effective arrivals on September 4: 

https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/news/2021/09/03/changes-regarding-high-risk-and-very-high-risk-areas

Changes regarding countries outside the EU

Outside the EU, the US, Israel, Kosovo, Montenegro and North Macedonia will be designated very high-risk areas as of 4 September 0:01 am. Travellers from these areas can only enter the Netherlands if they are fully vaccinated or fall under one of the exemption categories for the EU entry ban. As of 4 September 9:00 am they will also be required to comply with the mandatory quarantine requirement.

As of 6 September 9:00 am, travellers from these areas must also show a negative test result. Proof of recovery or vaccination will no longer be sufficient. Lebanon will be designated a high-risk area and fall under the EU entry ban as of 4 September 0:01 am, with fully vaccinated travellers exempt from the entry ban. The current COVID certificate requirement will remain unchanged.

Edited by JVNYC

1 hour ago, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

Just notified by delta that you must quarantine for 5-10 days regardless of vaccination status unless in country less than 12 hours. We were planning on arriving 3 days early so now on hold with delta to see if we can change tickets. How many obstacles can they put in front of us before we say Cancel. Of course not sure Oceania would even allow it this late 

Richard rehfeldt 

A lot of the time the exemptions not to quarantine if in country less than 12 hours only apply to staying at the airport while connecting to another fight. You cannot leave the airport during the 12 hour layover.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/netherlands-quarantine-vaccinated-americans/

• People with a layover in the Netherlands on their journey from a very high risk area to another country. Plane, train, bus or coach passengers must not leave the airport, train station or bus/coach station during the layover. Those travelling by car must stay in the vehicle except for short necessary stops, for example for fuel.

Just learned Oceania is aware of quarantine requirement and is in contact with government officials but is also considering changing the port from Amsterdam so as to avoid problems with the cruisers getting off of the ship and their departure from Amsterdam. Still up in air so stand by for info from Oceania. 

1 hour ago, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

Hello London!!!  Maybe 

How are they going to cancel Amsterdam???  People getting off in Amsterdam have flights scheduled.  People getting ON in Amsterdam also have flights scheduled.  Logistics nightmare! 

• Like 2

Wow. We disembark in Amsterdam on 9/18 but our flight out isn't until 9/23. We booked flights on our own. We are leaving for our 9/8 cruise on this Sunday. I have been looking forward to this trip for some time but the stress of all these changes is starting to make this not fun. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, courtside said:

I have been looking forward to this trip for some time but the stress of all these changes is starting to make this not fun. 

Roald Amundsen famously said "Adventure is just bad planning.”  It feels like Covid has made even well-planned trips into adventures – but Amundsen went to the South and North poles, so I suspect he would laugh at us!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, courtside said:

Wow. We disembark in Amsterdam on 9/18 but our flight out isn't until 9/23. We booked flights on our own. We are leaving for our 9/8 cruise on this Sunday. I have been looking forward to this trip for some time but the stress of all these changes is starting to make this not fun. 

The itinerary for the cruise leaving Stockholm on 9/8 shows it’s in Oslo, Norway on 9/18 ~ was your itinerary modified? If so, O has not updated the website.

2 hours ago, courtside said:

Oh I mis typed. Amsterdam is 9/20. But isn't it all mute at this point since Sweden is closing to all US residents as of 9/6? Sure wish Oceania would let us know what is going on.

As I have repeatedly threaded: Things are evolving rapidly. Day to Day; Country to Country, even town to town. Things are happening so quickly right now, my guess is Oceania themselves doesn’t know and is trying to sort things out. Therefore, they can’t immediately respond to every change.

I’m sure that Oceania is desperately trying to get accurate information from the respective tourist ministers. Once they have that information, and have fully developed an action plan, they will notify those passengers booked on the affected cruises. All that doesn’t happen as fast as social media can whip stories.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

As I have repeatedly threaded: Things are evolving rapidly. Day to Day; Country to Country, even town to town. Things are happening so quickly right now, my guess is Oceania themselves doesn’t know and is trying to sort things out. Therefore, they can’t immediately respond to every change.

I’m sure that Oceania is desperately trying to get accurate information from the respective tourist ministers. Once they have that information, and have fully developed an action plan, they will notify those passengers booked on the affected cruises. All that doesn’t happen as fast as social media can whip stories.

Well said.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

When I read this - so well written btw - it makes me glad that our Baltic/Scandinavian cruise is more than a year away. Hopefully things will have settled down by then but....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, susiesan said:

A lot of the time the exemptions not to quarantine if in country less than 12 hours only apply to staying at the airport while connecting to another fight. You cannot leave the airport during the 12 hour layover.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/netherlands-quarantine-vaccinated-americans/

• People with a layover in the Netherlands on their journey from a very high risk area to another country. Plane, train, bus or coach passengers must not leave the airport, train station or bus/coach station during the layover. Those travelling by car must stay in the vehicle except for short necessary stops, for example for fuel.

Netherlands has two separate exemption categories, Layovers and Staying for Short period of time.  What was quoted is the layover exemption which does not have a12 hour restriction. The Short Stay exemption is less restrictive. In its own context and the 12 hour time window we should be able to transfer from AMS to the Ship. Wouldn't attempt it without authoritative confirmation in advance.

I agree. I went ahead and booked Oceania transfer from airport to ship just to be safe (99 per person) and rescheduled my check in at ship as my new flight does not get in until 10:45 on 20th. We really hate that we lost our 3 days in Amsterdam as we were looking forward to visiting the city again delta was okay with change but lost my first class upgrade and had to pay more miles but at least I am on a plane. Now let’s just hope Netherlands allows ship to port and disembark or we are headed for another port and change in flights again. Could have gotten taxi or private driver for less but feel better knowing Oceania will be responsible for me once I land to get me to ship. 
Richard and Kim  rehfeldt

• Like 1

Pinotlover I appreciate your sentiment but I have a flight to Sweden leaving in less than 24 hours. You can understand why I'm a bit anxious to know what is going on with a cruise that departs on 9/8 from Sweden, a country I currently can't fly into.

• Like 1

I understand how you feel, if this is any help I just copied this from the Swedish(European) website.

https://www.krisinformation.se/en/hazards-and-risks/disasters-and-incidents/2020/official-information-on-the-new-coronavirus/travel-restrictions

Good luck

Rosalyn 

Edited by cruiseaholic78

I have just downloaded this for you, it is from the Italian government and to be honest I am not questioning the info above but better to be absolutely sure before traveling.
https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html

This was updated yesterday.

Rosalyn

Edited by cruiseaholic78

1 hour ago, jgd3rdbcfd said:

Did anyone see an article on CNN.com or USAToday that Italy is requiring a 10 day quarantine for vaccinated persons?   

https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html?

Persons travelling from Canada, Japan and the United States of America may enter Italy by presenting a ‘Green Pass’ (or equivalent certificate issued by the local health authorities attesting that they are fully vaccinate with a European Medicines Agency (EMA) validated vaccine), a negative swab test carried out within the previous 72 hours and a Passenger Locator Form.

As others have pointed out, that is not correct. 

59 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

I have just downloaded this for you, it is from the Italian government and to be honest I am not questioning the info above but better to be absolutely sure before traveling.
https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html

This was updated yesterday.

Rosalyn

Thanks for the link and it clearly states our vaccination card, COVID test within 72 hours of arrival and the personal locator form completed is what is required and no quarantine required - Persons travelling from Canada, Japan and the United States of America may enter Italy by presenting a ‘Green Pass’ (or equivalent certificate issued by the local health authorities attesting that they are fully vaccinate with a European Medicines Agency (EMA) validated vaccine), a negative swab test carried out within the previous 72 hours and a Passenger Locator Form.

On 9/3/2021 at 12:16 PM, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

Just learned Oceania is aware of quarantine requirement and is in contact with government officials but is also considering changing the port from Amsterdam so as to avoid problems with the cruisers getting off of the ship and their departure from Amsterdam. Still up in air so stand by for info from Oceania. 

I think that "O" and all other cruise lines need to simply cross the Netherlands and the UK off their list for the foreseeable future.  The governments of these countries are fast to impose restrictions that create nightmares for the cruise and airline industry.  Cruise lines need to focus on countries like Greece that have a positive attitude towards tourism and the cruise industry.   I wonder if folks have noticed that a few countries are almost rivaling North Korea in terms of travel restrictions.  But at least with North Korea one can predict what the rules will be in the future.

Hank

• Like 2

6 hours ago, courtside said:

Oh I mis typed. Amsterdam is 9/20. But isn't it all mute at this point since Sweden is closing to all US residents as of 9/6? Sure wish Oceania would let us know what is going on.

courtside: Is your sailing going to happen? You may arrive in Stockholm before the 9/6 deadline but what about people flying in the day of your cruise 9/8? Has your cruise been cancelled? Are the people currently on Marina going to be allowed to disembark in Stockholm? Has Oceania worked out exemptions for their passengers?

It is beginning to look like Oceania had really bad timing with resuming sailing with the Baltic cruises.  The Riviera sailings in the Med could be impacted soon if more countries start imposing entry bans on Americans. What a mess.