Are you planning to book on Vista?

Robjame

14 minutes ago, tuxedo said:

are the  best concierge cabins numbers on the marina same or similiar  to the marina.  the cabin i have on hold is between the steps and elevator. problem?

sorry meant vista (the new ship) cabins on marina similiar to vista best cabins?

1 hour ago, tuxedo said:

are the  best concierge cabins numbers on the marina same or similiar  to the marina.  the cabin i have on hold is between the steps and elevator. problem?

Cabins are all identical. What level and what do you want? Midships, close to….?, extended balcony, price?

on Marina and Riviera best A1 were midships - not so on Vista which has caused a number of us to scratch our heads

we are not prone to seasickness and tend to only sleep in our cabin so chose cheapest Verandah. Same cabin as concierge. Depends if you value the concierge amenities. Look them over and decide if they are things you value. Meanwhile I’ll be in the bar.

• Like 1

We booked Vista yesterday.  The London to NY TA in September 2023.  We love a TA, and have never cruised Oceania.  Love good food.  Frankly, this is an intriguing cruise line.  With DH moving toward retirement in 2023, we are seeing what suits us . . . 

3 hours ago, ysolde said:

We booked Vista yesterday.  The London to NY TA in September 2023.  We love a TA, and have never cruised Oceania.  Love good food.  Frankly, this is an intriguing cruise line.  With DH moving toward retirement in 2023, we are seeing what suits us . . . 

Nancy and I booked this yesterday as well.  I started a thread for this cruise.  Looking forward to chatting over the next two years and planning the excursions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troban said:

Have our A1 with extended balcony booked for Panama crossing. Just need to decide whether to buy their insurance policy or a diff one. 

buy your own

Read the fine print  no matter what company you use

JMO

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

buy your own

Read the fine print  no matter what company you use

JMO

Actuallly Lyn, O changed insurance carriers and theirs is pretty good now..but you are correct always read the fine print..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Why not oceania’s (AON)?

Take a look at the article from cntraveler, at the bottom of this post.  I've quoted the key paragraphs below, but the the bottom line is compare the coverage details before purchasing.

While cruise lines usually offer their own insurance policies, experts advise looking instead to an independent, third-party insurer. “Travel insurance policies from independent insurers tend to be more comprehensive than those you might purchase through a cruise line,” McDaniel says. “Cruise line insurance is usually secondary coverage, meaning you’ll first need to file through any private insurance policies [like homeowner’s or renter's] that you have before your travel insurance will kick in. This could mean needing to pay out-of-pocket to start.”

Adds Page: “The advantage of purchasing a comprehensive travel insurance policy through an insurance provider like Travel Guard is that the comprehensive plans may offer additional benefits, such as emergency medical evacuation, which may not be available under protection plans offered through cruise lines.”

In addition, cruise line insurance can be more limited than you might expect. “Travelers who purchase the cruise line’s policy can only insure expenses purchased directly through that cruise line," says Jenna Hummer, former director of public relations for Squaremouth. "Any outside airfare or expenses would be forfeited in the event of a cancellation.”

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/all-your-questions-about-cruise-travel-insurance

• Like 1

There is a top level travel insurance category that I found really helpful:
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

Caution: you can skip the following since I tend to either be brief (see above) or ramble (see below) 😉

For our situation (YMMV!) I switched one of our credit cards to a travel-version which provides decent coverage for most of the regular (not grand or lengthy) travel that we do (e.g., up to $5k trip cancellation/interruption per person, plus medical, car rental, lost baggage, etc.) for purchases made with the card. I was too late for our December cruise, so I purchased a small annual travel insurance plan for less than the single-trip O-insurance;  it will cover the December air and hotel value, plus provide the extra insurance to cover a QM2 TA in May. Depending on our travel plans each year, I can  adjust the maximum coverage of the annual plan. Also, the annual plan has a COVID coverage rider (in addition to O's coverage with pre-voyage-self-test) while I haven't seen one for the credit card. The downside is that I now have a potential of four insurance entities that will need to duke it out...one for house/cars, one for medical (yes, they cover international health care), the card travel insurance, and the independent travel insurance. This is reminding me why I typically self-insure or have high deductibles...sigh...so much easier if you can handle the risk.

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I was too late for our December cruise, so I purchased a small annual travel insurance plan for less than the single-trip O-insurance;  it will cover the December air and hotel value, plus provide the extra insurance to cover a QM2 TA in May.

Oops...not that it matters, but I said something badly...

" it will cover the December air and hotel value" should be " it (the annual insurance) will cover the December cruise and shorex (the card will cover air and hotel) value".

23 minutes ago, do it again said:

I have been trying to find out how many passengers on the Vista , haven’t been able to find on the Oceania Website.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

I asked when I made the reservation.  I believe the PCC said something like 1200 passengers.

The number of passengers and crew are only mentioned in a news release and maybe a blog...not sure why.

"Measuring approximately 67,000 gross registered tons, the ship will accommodate 1,200 guests and be staffed by 800 officers and crew, offering industry-leading space and staff-to-guest ratios."

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2021/OCEANIA+CRUISES+WELCOMES+“VISTA”+TO+ITS+ACCLAIMED+FLEET+New+Ship+to+Set+Sail+in+2023+Represents+a+“View+to+the+Future”/

They do state "A marvel in the making, Vista will deliver The Finest Cuisine at Sea®, exceptionally personalized service with two staff members for every three guests...".

On 9/9/2021 at 9:36 PM, csolyn said:

Ember and dining on Vista. Seasoned O cruiser here, went on my first on at 35 and have just kept on with them for a decade. Woofa, agree with you about Ember, the younger generations not eating in MDR (I haven't since one night on my first cruise), and although I have learned to love the cooking vids of Jaques because of my time on O, I had no idea who he was before that! I have learned a lot from him on my O tv over the years. 😉

Toscana is my hands down favorite place to eat on O. Red Ginger is my second. I don't get the love of Polo Grill. I can get a fillet from room service, on a sandwich at Waves,  and a great grilled steak of some sort in the Terrace Cafe. Terrace Cafe grill is my FAVORITE and keeps me on O ships if I'm honest. 

I agree with you about the restaurants. I love Red Ginger and Toscana, and of course the trill at the Terrace Cafe. We are neighbors by the way.....I am in Encino.

Thought I'd Share This:

OCEANIA CRUISES SETS A NEW SINGLE-DAY BOOKING RECORD
Sales Launch of New Ship Vista Breaks All-Time Record Within Hours.
Miami, FL, September 17, 2021 – Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line set an all-time single day booking record that surpassed the most recent record by nearly 60%.
While the most recent record was for a full season of sailings across six ships, this record was driven by the introduction of one new ship with itineraries for primarily one half of a year. Vista is slated to debut in April 2023, voyages opened for sale on September 15th at 9:00 a.m. eastern and by 10:30 a.m., the number of bookings had surpassed the company’s most recent record which was set in March 2021.
"The tremendous wave of bookings we saw on the day we opened sales for Vista underscores the extraordinary demand for our acclaimed small ship, destination focused vacations,” stated Bob Binder, President and CEO of Oceania Cruises.
On September 15, 2021 Oceania Cruises opened the inaugural season itineraries of its newest ship, Vista for sale to the general public. A total of 18 voyages spanning from April 2023 through November 2023 went on sale. Itineraries range from 10- to 24-days in length with fares from $5,299 per guest to $32,199 per guest. Accommodations on the designer-inspired upper premium ship range from 270 square feet for the newly introduced solo staterooms to more than 2,400 square feet for the palatial Owner’s Suites which run the full width of the ship.
“We are seeing exceptional demand from both our loyal Oceania Club repeaters and new-to-brand guests who are attracted to Vista’s new restaurants and culinary concepts, residentially styled staterooms and suites, and unique itineraries that present the destinations from a new perspective," stated Bob Binder, President & CEO of Oceania Cruises.
All of the bookings for 2023 are new cash bookings with absolutely no dilution from Future Cruise Credits issued for cancelled cruises in 2020 or 2021. Virtually all of the top-tier Owner’s, Oceania, and Vista suites along with the newly introduced solo concierge veranda staterooms are sold out for the inaugural season. Nearly half of the available inventory of Vista’s inaugural season was sold in one day with 30% of all bookings coming from new to brand guests. The most in-demand destinations were the British Isles and Canada, the Mediterranean, Holy Lands, and Panama Canal.
67Nina Meadows, Kathy Walker Beaumont and 65 others
14 Comments

Comment

26 minutes ago, Carol From California said:

I agree with you about the restaurants. I love Red Ginger and Toscana, and of course the trill at the Terrace Cafe. We are neighbors by the way.....I am in Encino.

We are neighbors also I am in Oxnard..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carol From California said:

Thought I'd Share This:

OCEANIA CRUISES SETS A NEW SINGLE-DAY BOOKING RECORD
Sales Launch of New Ship Vista Breaks All-Time Record Within Hours.
Miami, FL, September 17, 2021 – Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line set an all-time single day booking record that surpassed the most recent record by nearly 60%.
While the most recent record was for a full season of sailings across six ships, this record was driven by the introduction of one new ship with itineraries for primarily one half of a year. Vista is slated to debut in April 2023, voyages opened for sale on September 15th at 9:00 a.m. eastern and by 10:30 a.m., the number of bookings had surpassed the company’s most recent record which was set in March 2021.
"The tremendous wave of bookings we saw on the day we opened sales for Vista underscores the extraordinary demand for our acclaimed small ship, destination focused vacations,” stated Bob Binder, President and CEO of Oceania Cruises.
On September 15, 2021 Oceania Cruises opened the inaugural season itineraries of its newest ship, Vista for sale to the general public. A total of 18 voyages spanning from April 2023 through November 2023 went on sale. Itineraries range from 10- to 24-days in length with fares from $5,299 per guest to $32,199 per guest. Accommodations on the designer-inspired upper premium ship range from 270 square feet for the newly introduced solo staterooms to more than 2,400 square feet for the palatial Owner’s Suites which run the full width of the ship.
“We are seeing exceptional demand from both our loyal Oceania Club repeaters and new-to-brand guests who are attracted to Vista’s new restaurants and culinary concepts, residentially styled staterooms and suites, and unique itineraries that present the destinations from a new perspective," stated Bob Binder, President & CEO of Oceania Cruises.
All of the bookings for 2023 are new cash bookings with absolutely no dilution from Future Cruise Credits issued for cancelled cruises in 2020 or 2021. Virtually all of the top-tier Owner’s, Oceania, and Vista suites along with the newly introduced solo concierge veranda staterooms are sold out for the inaugural season. Nearly half of the available inventory of Vista’s inaugural season was sold in one day with 30% of all bookings coming from new to brand guests. The most in-demand destinations were the British Isles and Canada, the Mediterranean, Holy Lands, and Panama Canal.

67Nina Meadows, Kathy Walker Beaumont and 65 others
14 Comments

Comment

Carol;

So what happens if next month’s release of cruises for six ships has a resounding response? I don’t believe their infrastructure could handle it! Things seemed to get fairly shaky last Wednesday. 

On 9/16/2021 at 2:37 PM, Robjame said:

Cabins are all identical. What level and what do you want? Midships, close to….?, extended balcony, price?

on Marina and Riviera best A1 were midships - not so on Vista which has caused a number of us to scratch our heads

we are not prone to seasickness and tend to only sleep in our cabin so chose cheapest Verandah. Same cabin as concierge. Depends if you value the concierge amenities. Look them over and decide if they are things you value. Meanwhile I’ll be in the bar.

thanks so much for your response want concierge class cabin (a1)   i understand midship is good but not so on vista. on celebrity i always loved watching the wake in aft but not possible on vista. I have said goodbye to celebrity and looking forward to oceania vista. extended balconys are great. are their cabins that have them on vista?  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated-i am used to always knowing best cabins on celebrity with cabin numbers. This is driving me crazy-not knowing.

On 9/17/2021 at 12:15 PM, Troban said:

Have our A1 with extended balcony booked for Panama crossing. Just need to decide whether to buy their insurance policy or a diff one. 

have to ask where are the a1 cabins with extended balconys on the vista? appreciate any response!!!