Do some Oasis Junior Suites have larger balconies than others?

I booked a suite guarantee and got assigned 10232, which is a J4 and seems to have an angled balcony. I just noticed that several other J4 cabins are now available, including 9236, 9240 and 11236, which all seem to have a deeper balcony according to the deck plan. Are those balconies actually larger than what I have? 

If it is larger, and if I can change my assignment (I know that Royal used to let you change your guarantee assigned cabin within the same category), is it worth doing so to get the larger balcony? Deck 9 would probably be a little better to be closer to Central Park and the Boardwalk, but not a major deal. If the Diamond Club were still on deck 10, I'd definitely be staying put. But alas, it is not.

Edited by MisterBill99

Definitely go for the deep balcony JS! Those usually have two extra full sunbeds! At least that was the case on Allure. The JS with the regular balcony only have regular chairs and a table. I always wonder why the wouldn’t sell the deep ones as an extra more expensive category?! The regular balcony cabins with a deep balcony are significantly more expensive. So go and get a big balcony for “free” 🙌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

I booked a suite guarantee and got assigned 10232, which is a J4 and seems to have an angled balcony. I just noticed that several other J4 cabins are now available, including 9236, 9240 and 11236, which all seem to have a deeper balcony according to the deck plan. Are those balconies actually larger than what I have? 

If it is larger, and if I can change my assignment (I know that Royal used to let you change your guarantee assigned cabin within the same category), is it worth doing so to get the larger balcony? Deck 9 would probably be a little better to be closer to Central Park and the Boardwalk, but not a major deal. If the Diamond Club were still on deck 10, I'd definitely be staying put. But alas, it is not.

Yes you can still change don't mention that you have a guarantee just say that you want to change cabins to cabin number ----

11 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

10232, 9236 and 9240 are all connecting cabins. Avoid if possible due to potential noise issues from next door. Out of the cabins you’ve mentioned, I would choose 11236.

33 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

10232, 9236 and 9240 are all connecting cabins. Avoid if possible due to potential noise issues from next door. Out of the cabins you’ve mentioned, I would choose 11236.

Just where are you seeing that #9236 & # 9240 are connecting cabins on Oasis?

I believe you're wrong...or I certainly wouldn't have suggested them.

29 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Just where are you seeing that #9236 & # 9240 are connecting cabins on Oasis?

I believe you're wrong...or I certainly wouldn't have suggested them.

They’re showing as connecting on the deck plans of Oasis on Royal’s website.

D10777A1-4D91-4F35-B755-C232683D1B00.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The ship is likely to be less than half full, so hopefully the cabin next to us will be empty, anyway (they apparently moved people around recently without giving them a choice). I'm willing to take a chance to get the bigger balcony. Haven't had a problem with noise from a connecting cabin in the past.

Edited by MisterBill99

11 hours ago, Funkytown83 said:

Definitely go for the deep balcony JS! Those usually have two extra full sunbeds! At least that was the case on Allure. The JS with the regular balcony only have regular chairs and a table. I always wonder why the wouldn’t sell the deep ones as an extra more expensive category?! The regular balcony cabins with a deep balcony are significantly more expensive. So go and get a big balcony for “free” 🙌

They actually are more expensive, since they are J4's (although I guess the same balcony size is a J3 on deck 8, so who knows). Amusingly, they are currently charging more for the J4 category than for a Grand Suite, which is just crazy (J3's are slightly less). I had booked a guarantee (which was about 1/3 less than the lowest suite category that was available). I'm not sure if people are cancelling or if they accepted bids from people to move to better suites (maybe some of both), but there weren't any J4's available when I last checked.

Edited by MisterBill99

15 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If RC's deck plans on their websites are to be trusted, @CaroleC is correct.

On Oasis and Allure, those are connected (9236 & 9240).  On Harmony and Symphony they are not.

🙂 

I was looking at my hard copy deck plan (2018-2019) and it wasn't showing them as connected...so perhaps I'm wrong...thanks for the info.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MisterBill99 said:

Impressed that you would have that, and be able to find it!

I have a whole collection at my finger tips...I used to have them mail them to me and their what I refer to all the time for info....the website deck plan can at times be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I have a whole collection at my finger tips...I used to have them mail them to me and their what I refer to all the time for info....the website deck plan can at times be wrong.

The online deck plan being wrong at times is why I asked here. I forget which line, but there was a cabin I was considering switching to because it appeared that the balcony was larger, but it turns out that it isn't "in real life".

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

the deck plan on royal's website shows 9236 & 9240 are connecting cabins

image.png.9ff051c396b33dd76cea65ba6ca87936.png

So my hard copy deck plan shows non connecting for Oasis and the website shows them now connecting....they put in doors since the hard copy was printed...really ????

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So my hard copy deck plan shows non connecting for Oasis and the website shows them now connecting....they put in doors since the hard copy was printed...really ????

There must be a demand for connecting junior suites, so they added more.