Covid Protocol changes

kevboy

I have just been informed that the 4 in a lift rule has been dropped and the BLUE resting stickers on tables and chairs have also been removed . Can anyone confirm these changes please. Apparently the comments are from someone currently aboard IONA.

25 minutes ago, kevboy said:

I have just been informed that the 4 in a lift rule has been dropped and the BLUE resting stickers on tables and chairs have also been removed . Can anyone confirm these changes please. Apparently the comments are from someone currently aboard IONA.

I hope the stickers have been removed, no consistency last week, one area tables were 3 feet apart and open, others tables further apart and closed or resting as they say.

• Like 1

I understand that there is some good news to be announced in the next few weeks regarding restrictions being relaxed. This is all based on current trends, data and on-board observations by the Company.

Specifically around self-guided port calls. I'm expecting this to tie in with either the restart of international cruises or half-term. This follows good feedback on the restart of excursions for both P&O and Cunard last week. I expect it to be on a location by location basis, decided based on Covid infection/vaccination data per locale. Obviously if things turn for the worst then self-guided trips or even port calls could be stopped at the Captain's discretion.

Hearing that dancing may also be allowed (mask wearing likely). Feedback from guests is that mask wearing is not that much trouble.

Also under consideration was allowing all the tables/chairs to be used again / allowing drinking in the theatre (using Princess' sip & cover approach).

I can't share any more detail at present.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I understand that there is some good news to be announced in the next few weeks regarding restrictions being relaxed. This is all based on current trends, data and on-board observations by the Company.

Specifically around self-guided port calls. I'm expecting this to tie in with either the restart of international cruises or half-term. This follows good feedback on the restart of excursions for both P&O and Cunard last week. I expect it to be on a location by location basis, decided based on Covid infection/vaccination data per locale. Obviously if things turn for the worst then self-guided trips or even port calls could be stopped at the Captain's discretion.

Hearing that dancing may also be allowed (mask wearing likely). Feedback from guests is that mask wearing is not that much trouble.

Also under consideration was allowing all the tables/chairs to be used again / allowing drinking in the theatre (using Princess' sip & cover approach).

I can't share any more detail at present.

Hope you are well, got worried when your helpful information snippets stopped.

Sounds very positive, and a step back towards normal.  Have just booked a Princess cruise on F&F for October, hoping we can self explore in France and Spain.

7 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Hope you are well, got worried when your helpful information snippets stopped.

Sounds very positive, and a step back towards normal.  Have just booked a Princess cruise on F&F for October, hoping we can self explore in France and Spain.

I'm good - just very very busy. Sometimes the day job has to come first 😉

I would say that Princess are a further step ahead of the game in their decision making but that's partly because the UK clientele are supposedly cautious and partially because they have another ship sailing in another geographical market where passengers are not as cautious/rules are different.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, L751 said:

Do you think set dining will be back for International Cruises 

Club dining has never gone away on Britannia. I believe its always been there. It may have been managed differently on some cruises but those who asked for it should have got it. (very few as most booked Saver fares).

Iona was never meant to have club dining - just Freedom.

52 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Moley - do you think P&O will follow Princess, and insist that for foreign cruises, all guests will have to be double vaccinated,  meaning that most children will not be able to travel ? 

That’s P&Os current policy, and was ahead of Princess.

I think the new policy that’s been announced for international cruises will remain whereby under 16s need a PCR test 3 less than days before departure plus LFT at terminal.

There are a lot of kids booked at half term & Christmas.

15 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

That’s P&Os current policy, and was ahead of Princess.

I think the new policy that’s been announced for international cruises will remain whereby under 16s need a PCR test 3 less than days before departure plus LFT at terminal.

There are a lot of kids booked at half term & Christmas.

Thanks. So tested kids on P&O,  but no kids at all on Princess (unless vaccinated)

It is good for those with children if P&O allow them to travel provided they have negative PCR and LFT tests but I wonder if the decision may come back and bite them.  If the press is to be believed these tests show a lot of false negatives.

We all know that being double vaccinated does not prevent you from being infected but my experience is that a lot of older people are still very worried about being near to non-vaccinated people and I wonder if allowing unvaccinated children on board will deter them from cruising with P&O.  It could be good news for other cruise lines where vaccination is a condition of boarding.

21 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Hi,  What does "on F&F" stand for? I'm still quite new to this site, and keep coming across all sorts of abbreviations. Thanks

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Valfan said:

Hi,  What does "on F&F" stand for? I'm still quite new to this site, and keep coming across all sorts of abbreviations. Thanks

You are not alone.  I thought F&F stood for "Florence and Fred"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, kevboy said:

Sorry for being a bit slow, but have only just picked up 4G again. We are on Iona on the way back up BoB, just off Quiberon. Still only 4 in the lift, still ' resting ' tables and chairs, still one way ' but pretty much ignored '. Still masks in the Theatre. Not any noticeable changes to the protocols since our first Britannia staycation about 6 weeks ago. Interesting ship . lots more dining and entertainment choices from Britannia and the app has held out.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, wowzz said:

Thanks. So tested kids on P&O,  but no kids at all on Princess (unless vaccinated)

It’s worth noting that the Princess policy is in line with P&Os while sailing in the U.K. November and December May now be no kids but that’s to fit in with the American rules they will operate under.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zap99 said:

Sorry for being a bit slow, but have only just picked up 4G again. We are on Iona on the way back up BoB, just off Quiberon. Still only 4 in the lift, still ' resting ' tables and chairs, still one way ' but pretty much ignored '. Still masks in the Theatre. Not any noticeable changes to the protocols since our first Britannia staycation about 6 weeks ago. Interesting ship . lots more dining and entertainment choices from Britannia and the app has held out.

Hope you are having a great cruise Zap.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 11:57 AM, bobstheboy said:

I hope the stickers have been removed, no consistency last week, one area tables were 3 feet apart and open, others tables further apart and closed or resting as they say.

There was no stickers in the lift on Britannia when we were on 22-26 August.

People just piled in with no regard even for wheelchairs.

On a couple of occasions we actually got out of a lift and let a wheelchair passenger and partner in our place.

• Like 1