Booking overwater cabana on site?

colesc15

Hi all, 

For those who have reserved cabanas at Coco cay in the past, it only allowed me to select one guest when reserving otherwise it errored out when I tried to select me and my wife.. Is that normal? I'm guessing they only require me to check in and whoever I say is with me gets the wristband?? 

Also.. Extremely excited. They've been $1700 for my sailing and this morning dropped to $799! After we canceled the beach club, our out of pocket was basically $500 extra! 

• Like 1

It’s normal to only have 1 guest selected. They are the primary on the reservation.

If you don’t mind answering, what sailing is this for?  I’m on the 9/26 Oasis and they’re still showing $1700, but Chill cabanas dropped to $500 today, so I’m still hopeful.

3 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

It’s normal to only have 1 guest selected. They are the primary on the reservation.

If you don’t mind answering, what sailing is this for?  I’m on the 9/26 Oasis and they’re still showing $1700, but Chill cabanas dropped to $500 today, so I’m still hopeful.

10/3 Odyssey. They've been the $1700 until I happened to look this morning. Feels like a steal after seeing $1700 for so long and we already had beach club reserved so after canceling that, out of pocket extra was like $550.

2 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

I saw ours on FOS 10/31/21 dropped from $1700 to $799 this morning too.  Hubby still said no, but we're doing the Beach Club at least.

5 minutes ago, Deez123 said:

Why would you spend that kind of money on the cabana?   They aren't anything special + right now ships are empty so no issue getting a normal seat you want.

Why do some people drive half a million dollar cars and some drive corollas? Seems like an odd question. To me, $800 isn't a "lot of money", to some it is. Who cares? Would you like to question why I can easily drop thousands in Vegas when I go? Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deez123 said:

Why would you spend that kind of money on the cabana?   They aren't anything special + right now ships are empty so no issue getting a normal seat you want.

Because there are 7 of us including 3 seniors. Teens will spend the day in and out of the water park and will always know where to find us.  

4 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

Same with 9/25 Symphony. And the Beach Club was 169 when we booked and is now 85, cabanas there "down" to 599.

3 hours ago, Deez123 said:

Why do you care? 

• Like 1

Just now, Biker19 said:

RCI is not, but someone paying that may be.

Especially since this is still for a reduced-capacity cruise... I don't care how good it is, there's no way that the upgraded lunch is worth almost $200 (and that's really all you're getting extra at the Beach Club -- you can do beach, pool, loungers for free elsewhere on Coco Cay).

2 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

Because there are 7 of us including 3 seniors. Teens will spend the day in and out of the water park and will always know where to find us.  

You don't need to defend your choices to anyone....None of their business !!!

Enjoy that cabana :classic_biggrin:

• Like 6

While others may not think the Beach club is worth it (I will let you know after I try it out my self next week) We had originally booked the club only for $107/person. My sister and her husband decided to join us later but the price had gone up to $170ish. Then the regular cabanas dropped to $600. We don't need it, but we have 7 of us, so even at $107/person that we originally paid we are still money ahead by buying the cabana since it includes the entrance fee. In those cases it makes sense to get the cabana (in my cheap head lol) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deez123 said:

If people want to spend their money on that, let them.  The more money Royal makes off expensive suites and cabanas, the less money they'll need to charge me for my cheap basic room!

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

Freedom August 27th they stayed $1200 until they sold out. We decided to go with the landside CBC Cabana because there were only 3 of us, but if we had a larger group we definitely would have tried the overwater. 

OP, ignore the haters. Some people won't spend more than the cheapest interior, some won't book anything less than a full suite. Some do free excursions, some do cabanas. You do you. If we ever do a Coco Cay stop on a full family cruise with 6+ people I'll definitely get one of the overwater cabanas.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Deez123 said:

Why in the world would you spend that kind of money on a cruise? It isn't anything special + right now campsites are empty, so no problem getting one*.  Just pitch a tent and save money.  Doesn't sound ridiculous to you for me to question your choices on how you spend your money?

People spend money on what they enjoy.  Your choices are definitely not the only choices and are only right for you. Your post only makes you sound very jealous.

To the OP:  We had two overwater cabanas booked on canceled cruises and for both of them we only put one name on it. We were told 8 wristbands would be in our cabin for the rest of the people who were going to use the cabana.

*In pre-covid times, campsites were usually available. Not so much now.

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Deez123 said:

Tell me what I should eat tonight.

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

If people want to spend their money on that, let them.  The more money Royal makes off expensive suites and cabanas, the less money they'll need to charge me for my cheap basic room!

🤣 Royal is gonna' charge you as much as the market will bear for that basic cabin regardless of how many cabanas they sell. 

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Wishful thinking 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to report back.....the over water cabana was amazing!!! We were very spoiled and very well taken care of by the cabana attendant. Was it necessary? Absolutely not. Was the entire place empty enough that made it even more unnecessary? Yes....astoundingly yes.

That being said, since we had 2 days there (spent the first day in the Oasis pool/bar and floating tiki bar) and my father having mobility issues, it was a great way to spend a gorgeous day. We were in Cabana 10 and we happened to be the only occupied cabana in that particular section so it felt like a true luxurious oasis. It's on the end, and we were right next to a sand bar where we saw and "swam with" (they don't get within more than a few feet of swimmers/snorkelers)  at least a dozen lemon sharks and even more stingrays. The attendant (Brenny-he's  literally the best) and the life guards were pointing them out and filling us in on when they come in, what they're looking for, etc.

For our group of 7, $800 was MORE than worth it to us. In fact, we all considered if we'd be willing to splurge and pay the full $1800 that was originally being offered and we all said most likely that we would, especially once back at full capacity. It truly was one of the very best days I've had on any vacation. 

• Like 3