Freedom of the Seas - A Weekend Getaway Live

BirdTravels

Thank you for the review! I’m glad you posted the menus.... just noticed they removed our favorite dish from Giovanni’s -Gnocchi Gorgonzola.. 😩. Seriously considering cancelling our unlimited dining plan now. 

How was the singer in the pub... looks like John Winters...?  I don’t think I have heard him

before. We sail in a few weeks and really enjoy when they have a great singer. 

All of the live music was great. The performers were allowed to perform without masks,,, so long as they stayed behind their plexiglass partitions. In the theater and ice rink, the first two rows were blocked off to keep the dirty passengers away from the performers. (Strictly enforced). 

• Thanks 1

Oh no, don’t say it is so, time to go. 

Like our last cruise, the ship asks that you wait in your stateroom until your group is called. That keeps the crowds on the public areas down. There was no line at the gangway. As fast as you could walk through the terminal al, down to the baggage hall and through immigrations and customs, you were on the street. 

Passengers traveling with passports paused for a few seconds at the facial recognition terminals and were cleared. People traveling with birth certificates had to wait in line to get verified by immigrations. 

C0551A71-DD66-4A87-BC34-56C9C8A25D93.thumb.jpeg.192e592641b378b109f0d2328b1c1e1e.jpeg7F6C475E-C220-4655-9251-77B3F8BEAD3D.thumb.jpeg.ddb61a1e14b8d4f2cfb49dfb244f4c31.jpeg

• Like 1

The Freestyle Machines are not self serve. You can only get drinks when a crew member is present to operate it. Otherwise they are shut down.

On the good side, you don’t need your RFID cup, they will serve soda in a glass if you have a beverage package. 

6B6BC9EB-7701-46F4-BDEB-D047560E64E1.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@BirdTravels Great report so far. Love your pics. Question? When do you take your pictures of the various restaurants and bars with no people in them? Early in the morning or late at night?

It’s a ghost ship. Only The Bird onboard. 

(If you have ever followed some of The Bird’s live posts, The Bird tries to respect people’s privacy and not splash “unflattering” pics to live forever on CC.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

(If you have ever followed some of The Bird’s live posts, The Bird tries to respect people’s privacy and not splash “unflattering” pics to live forever on CC.)

That's why I asked because I would like to do the same for my review in November. I get it if you do not want to answer I was just curious if there was a better time to capture empty venues.

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It’s a ghost ship. Only The Bird onboard. 

I hear you, but no people make it look like pictures from a Cruise Line or Travel Agents website. 😉

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's why I asked because I would like to do the same for my review in November. I get it if you do not want to answer I was just curious if there was a better time to capture empty venues.

I always Include people, gives the review more of a 'Live' experience.😉 

I guess both methods have merit

• Like 2