Live from Mariner of the Seas b2b 9/13-9/20

jam19872016

The captain was paging people by name i thought to go do muster so I headed down that way about 5 minutes later to catch sailaway from the helipad thinking we were a go. At 3:35 there were still several groups of people boarding the ship. Yikes cutting it close.

Back in the room again for now but I'm looking forward to catching sail away from the helipad. Glad I found it, looks like a great spot for sail away.

52 minutes ago, BubbaBoat said:

For those of you cruising right now, are there any zinger deals offered on ship by the Next Cruise Program?  I just booked my Nov. 6th cruise and plan to book next year's cruise for the family (2 staterooms).  Also, any zingers on Spa treatments while on board?

So now I am wondering if I misunderstood. $200 obc seemed like a great deal but I swear I thought that's what they said and then the up to 600 was for converting to a booking instead of just an open reservation. That does not match what the link posted above says though, hmm well like I said I'll check it out and let you know. 

19 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I will also be on Mariner 10/22. Hope that doesn't scare you away lol. If you just need a window maybe a Promenade view inside. That's what I have this cruise. I'm like you, I like quiet rooms and don't think I would want to risk being near or under a venue. 

Okay, I gotta ask, how many cruises do you have booked?  You're on the one i'm on on 9/24, you're on 10/22, you're on this one...

1 minute ago, Rogueperson said:

Okay, I gotta ask, how many cruises do you have booked?  You're on the one i'm on on 9/24, you're on 10/22, you're on this one...

Uh oh, busted I'm a cruisiholic. Lol I currently have 19 booked after this one through 10/2022. Many are weekend cruises though, an advantage of living in Florida. I'm very blessed to be able to travel and have gone a little crazy after travel being restricted for so long.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I will also be on Mariner 10/22. Hope that doesn't scare you away lol. If you just need a window maybe a Promenade view inside. That's what I have this cruise. I'm like you, I like quiet rooms and don't think I would want to risk being near or under a venue. 

I was in a Promenade inside cabin several years ago and loved it!

On 9/16/2021 at 1:22 PM, jam19872016 said:

I got a little more sleep in. I haven't been sleeping this whole time. I think the internet went down again but I'm not sure because when I restarted my phone magic presto it is working again. So maybe it was my phone. 

Once I got it going and could get in my email, my results came back negative - three more days on Mariner!!

I wanted to do Johnny rockets for lunch but they do not open until 3 so I am going to playmakers. I've got to find something that is not going to spoil my dinner again lol.

I cruised on the Mariner a few weeks ago and the internet was lousy then.  It’s not your phone, it’s the ships internet.

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I was in a Promenade inside cabin several years ago and loved it!

I'm on the fence. I love me a pitch dark room. I book using a form so I just get assigned a random room unless I call to change it. Figured I'd give a shot I doubt at full capacity they would upgrade me to promenade view for no charge. Hopefully the curtains will keep it pitch dark.

Just now, msjazzymiss said:

I cruised on the Mariner a few weeks ago and the internet was lousy then.  It’s not your phone, it’s the ships internet.

Yea that's what I was afraid of. I'm hanging onto my phones data until the last possible second lol.

Yea no I don't think this is happening. The rain is pretty hard.

Gangway pulled in.

20210917_164415.thumb.jpg.f16c4df88e560ff6a39ec708f66ec432.jpg

Walking all the way forward on deck 4.

20210917_164623.thumb.jpg.174685198f4c424f66911b4ee74ad42b.jpg

At the top of the steps.

20210917_164705.thumb.jpg.2108e852796d500e8ef1f36fe40277ee.jpg

Obviously at this point you are walking sideways. No idea why the pictures are flipped like that 

Walking forward until I lose my head covering.20210917_164753.thumb.jpg.534bb390b326df4776e5c1c2ad522c40.jpg20210917_165540.thumb.jpg.c8ef8235dce21faa2d3638ebf0731ced.jpg

26 minutes ago, msjazzymiss said:

I was on Freedom this past weekend and the internet was lousy there too.  I just had the regular internet with no streaming. I guess they want us to pay more and get the streaming. ☹️

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Lol, doesn't scare me off at all!

went ahead & booked just now. Hubby said to 'go ahead with the balcony, it's only $105 more total and I'd rather have you happy than mad about noise' He knows me too well😂

Edited by palmettostatecruiser

It finally slowed down enough to brave it. I was treated to some dolphins for my efforts. I took a video ill check it later to see if I can screen grab any.

Socks got soaked so im changing I don't need to get sick and somene determine I have c word like symptoms. Then heading to dinner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

Lol, doesn't scare me off at all!

went ahead & booked just now. Hubby said to 'go ahead with the balcony, it's only $105 more total and I'd rather have you happy than mad about noise' He knows me too well😂

Haha thats too funny. 

Uh oh, busted I'm a cruisiholic. Lol I currently have 19 booked after this one through 10/2022. Many are weekend cruises though, an advantage of living in Florida. I'm very blessed to be able to travel and have gone a little crazy after travel being restricted for so long.

Agreed!  I’m right there with you!  I’ve got 15 booked through 2022 and like you a lot of 3 day weekenders.  That way I only have to use one vacation day a cruise!  Also like yourself, its nice to be so close to all the ports, being in Central Florida, its no more than 3.5 hours to any of the ports!

Edited by TheBucketLister

Is it possible to use wifi calling with your cellphone when out at sea?  My phone has a wifi calling feature.  I was planning on shutting everything down but I thought it might be nice to check in with the wife while I'm sipping on a cold one and staring out at the sea.

9 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Agreed!  I’m right there with you!  I’ve got 15 booked through 2022 and like you a lot of 3 day weekenders.  That way I only have to use one vacation day a cruise!  Also like yourself, its nice to be so close to all the ports, being in Central Florida, its no more than 3.5 hours to any of the ports!

I live more north, so Canaveral is the only port close enough for that to me. Miami sure is beautiful to sail away from though. 

Just now, timcreech said:

This was the view from Mariner looing out over Freedom of the Seas

20210915_200658.jpg

Man I wish I had caught that. I had no idea it would be visible so far away. Bet that was amazing to see.

5 minutes ago, BubbaBoat said:

Is it possible to use wifi calling with your cellphone when out at sea?  My phone has a wifi calling feature.  I was planning on shutting everything down but I thought it might be nice to check in with the wife while I'm sipping on a cold one and staring out at the sea.

I am sorry I am not very tech savvy and would not even know how to do that on land. If it is possible, I would say probably not at these speeds on this ship. I'll ask around and see if I can find out.

The captain was paging people by name i thought to go do muster so I headed down that way about 5 minutes later to catch sailaway from the helipad thinking we were a go. At 3:35 there were still several groups of people boarding the ship. Yikes cutting it close.

Back in the room again for now but I'm looking forward to catching sail away from the helipad. Glad I found it, looks like a great spot for sail away.

Thanks for all the info.   We've been on Mariner before, but we are coming up on our first post Covid  cruise. Super excited!.

BTW - Have you found the  Peek A Boo bridge?  It may be on 11.

M

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thanks for all the info.   We've been on Mariner before, but we are coming up on our first post Covid  cruise. Super excited!.

BTW - Have you found the  Peek A Boo bridge?  It may be on 11.

M

Ooh I've read about that. Didnt know that was here, I will make sure to check it out.

Dinner was good. I think I got the wrong order but I was in a hurry so I just ate it anyway lol.

I think this was a salmon and cream cheese roll. Good but smaller than what I ordered. I suspect a Johnny rocket run will be in order tonight 🙂

20210917_174456.thumb.jpg.398187a23ea52d34cfcf608615da09e3.jpg

Crispy rice spicy tuna.20210917_174948.thumb.jpg.9600bac96c6be0436c5d509c95b7bcb5.jpg

Sesame balls for dessert.

20210917_180215.thumb.jpg.1bdbbc8c2313352f7ea5134d126dd32c.jpg

Once they realize you are b2b the service level gets kicked up a notch. They were falling all over me at dinner. Top notch service from everyone.

My waiter asked if I worked there. Oh goodness no lol. 

Up on deck for wonderwoman on the big screen.

I've laid some towels down the chairs are all soaked. I'm in trouble if it starts raining again. The captain said we would be leaving the showers behind after we left port hopefully his weatherman is reliable.

1 hour ago, BubbaBoat said:

Yes it is. I’ve done it several times when there has been a mini work crisis.  Just purchase the internet package (which you must have for it to work), and when you sign onto the wifi, make sure your cellular is off. I actually turn mine on Airplane Mode first, then activate wifi. I don’t want any cellular mistakes. 😂

Edited by barbeyg