Taking the home test for Princess…Great Video

trbarton

I’ve talked with Princess & they say that a home test for the virus is acceptable as long as it’s medically supervised. 

Has any used any these test & if so what was involved & what test did you use?  Any problems presenting this to Princess?

Tom😀

48 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Post #28 of this thread suggested by Steelers36 has a great video of a person taking you through the steps of the Binaxnow test. 

Thank you very much. Very helpful. It goes through everything. 

Tom😀

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve talked with Princess & they say that a home test for the virus is acceptable as long as it’s medically supervised. 

Has any used any these test & if so what was involved & what test did you use?  Any problems presenting this to Princess?

Tom😀

Carnival Corp. is working with eMed on this:  https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-cruise-line-now-accepting-at-home-covid-19-test-results/

I ordered my tests from emed last night ( six tests per order). When ordering they ask if tests are for you, you and others or others.  You then fill out a short form for each person who will use the test ( form is name, birthdate and reason for test). If you plan to share the tests with travel partners, family members or friends make sure you have their birthdate on hand when you order and do a form for each person who  will use ( or may use) one or more of the test kits.

tests are sent next day delivery Monday - Friday. 

There's a lot of information on the RCCL board about this, but the important thing to know is DON'T buy this from CVS or any other pharmacy, as the regular Binax test kits do NOT include telehealth supervision and verified results, which the cruise lines require.  You need to buy the BinaxNOW test kit.

You can buy fewer than 6 kits here, and do not need to verify you have an RCCL reservation:

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

The kits cost $33 - $35 each for 3 or 2 kits.

Edited by pcur

On 9/10/2021 at 10:13 PM, Shelly97060 said:

Post #28 of this thread suggested by Steelers36 has a great video of a person taking you through the steps of the Binaxnow test. 

I used this test and the process was very straightforward. There are no instructions in/on the box, so keep in mind that you will be reading the instructions on the device you use to interact with the proctor. I encountered no problem presenting these results to Princess for boarding. I printed out the emailed results, but I also had the results on the app in case I needed it (however, the person did not ask for the results on the app).

See this great video that shows someone taking the home kit.

It’s very through. Be careful that you don’t accidentally drop the test card on the floor as Tony did as it will be useless. Good to have a least one other card as a backup. 

This test was for a cruise on the Majestic Princess that departed today. 

Hope you find this video useful. 

Tom😀

• Like 7

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

See this great video that shows someone taking the home kit.

It’s very through. Be careful that you don’t accidentally drop the test card on the floor as Tony did as it will be useless. Good to have a least one other card as a backup. 

This test was for a cruise on the Majestic Princess that departed today. 

Hope you find this video useful. 

Tom😀

We just bought this product, so your video was helpful.  It's always good to know what to expect and what to avoid (like keep card further up on the desk away from the swab 🙂 ) as it minimizes anxiety.  We used CVS to sail to Alaska in August, but now it's gotten difficult to get tests according to what I hear.  So we decided to get these so we don't need to worry about whether we can find a test later this fall.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, muffin said:

Good idea…..remember they do have expiry date! I wonder if you brought it back to Canada to use, if they would send results to a .ca email address?  So wrong we cannot get SDM antigen tests in BC. 

Can you get a Gmail address (gmail.com)?

I ordered yesterday from eMed.  It's being sent today and will arrive tomorrow!!  Sent overnight FedEx which costs $14 something.  I didn't need it that fast, but there is only one shipping option.  

I know someone mentioned on a thread that they ordered the two pack from the other place, and it hadn't shipped one week later.

On 9/11/2021 at 1:13 AM, Shelly97060 said:

can  you post the link?  I did not see it on this question/answer.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I ordered yesterday from eMed.  It's being sent today and will arrive tomorrow!!  Sent overnight FedEx which costs $14 something.  I didn't need it that fast, but there is only one shipping option.  

I know someone mentioned on a thread that they ordered the two pack from the other place, and it hadn't shipped one week later.

Can you get them from Amazon with free shipping?

4 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Can you get them from Amazon with free shipping?

I don't think so.  I don't see anything there.  eMed is providing the medical personnel to oversee the test and okay a prescription to get the test, so I doubt they are putting it on Amazon.

6 hours ago, mellon1 said:

can  you post the link?  I did not see it on this question/answer.  Thanks.

Look at this video. It’s the best I’ve seen as it shows  Tony taking the test & the person giving the instructions so you see both of them. He even shows his mistake by accidentally dropping the test card on the floor. 

Tom😀👍

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, trbarton said:

Look at this video. It’s the best I’ve seen as it shows  Tony taking the test & the person giving the instructions so you see both of them. He even shows his mistake by accidentally dropping the test card on the floor. 

Tom😀👍

Thank you so much!!