Does CVS provide a “valid document?”

Kruisn'Kay

I just booked a rapid antigen test at CVS. I see that a “valid document” is a requirement for check in. Does CVS provide required documentation for this type of test? If you have taken this test at CVS, did you receive an email with your results? Thank you so much for your help! 

• Like 1

Tested at CVS,  9/1 for our (Cant say Name of RCG line because it is not an RCI cruise on this forum.). Made reservations on line.l We both entered the test booth outside CVS.  1. Verified us by photo ID. 2. Took pic of photo ID. 3. Requested our Confirmation Nr. 4. Explained what will happen,  for test and when results will be provided.  5. We each did our own test -  Qtip in nostril rotating inside noise 5 times. Both nostrils.  6. Return Qtip which LP put in tube.  7. Done - no pain or no deep intrusion. Thirty minutes later call from LP. Both of us NEGATIVE. ONE HOUR LATER email from CVS INFORMING us to sign into MY CHART. SELEECTED TEST RESULTS. TEST NAME DATE DISPLAYED  CLICKED ON THE ABOVE LETTER WITH TEST RESULTS DISPLAYED.  PRINTED IT OUT DONE!  TOOK PIC OF LETTER ON PHONE. Go to youTube to see the video instructions from CVS.

Need within 48 hours of cruise.

Stay Safe!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Tested at CVS,  9/1 for our (Cant say Name of RCG line because it is not an RCI cruise on this forum.). Made reservations on line.l We both entered the test booth outside CVS.  1. Verified us by photo ID. 2. Took pic of photo ID. 3. Requested our Confirmation Nr. 4. Explained what will happen,  for test and when results will be provided.  5. We each did our own test -  Qtip in nostril rotating inside noise 5 times. Both nostrils.  6. Return Qtip which LP put in tube.  7. Done - no pain or no deep intrusion. Thirty minutes later call from LP. Both of us NEGATIVE. ONE HOUR LATER email from CVS INFORMING us to sign into MY CHART. SELEECTED TEST RESULTS. TEST NAME DATE DISPLAYED  CLICKED ON THE ABOVE LETTER WITH TEST RESULTS DISPLAYED.  PRINTED IT OUT DONE!  TOOK PIC OF LETTER ON PHONE. Go to youTube to see the video instructions from CVS.

Need within 48 hours of cruise.

Stay Safe!

• Like 1

My suggestion is to have a backup plan. 

I tested 3 days prior (when it was allowed) due to my work schedule. My wife scheduled 2 days prior. 

Mine was fine. My wife’s spot was cancelled due to “temporary closure” (perhaps the tech was sick).

we called around and found a place that had no waiting - was $55. 

1 minute ago, AustinCruise said:

My suggestion is to have a backup plan. 

I tested 3 days prior (when it was allowed) due to my work schedule. My wife scheduled 2 days prior. 

Mine was fine. My wife’s spot was cancelled due to “temporary closure” (perhaps the tech was sick).

we called around and found a place that had no waiting - was $55. 

Very good suggestion! Some places offered walk-in. Went. Stood in line for 45 minutes, then they told you to came back 2 to 3 hours later. Our backup was CVS.

4 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

So, if we do NOT have a car but are within easy walking distance of either Walgreens or CVS, do they allow for walkups

I don’t know about your area, but in NH only certain CVS locations did the rapid test. I would check before I went there. 

Edited by RosieRoo

13 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

It was an attempt at a joke about the length of their sales receipts. It’s not uncommon to see them over 6ft long (2 meters).

OK, I was wonder what those 55 pages could be. I did not get 55 pages, so I thought I was missing something or didn't get my moneys worth. LOL

Stay Safe!

7 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

So, if we do NOT have a car but are within easy walking distance of either Walgreens or CVS, do they allow for walkups

Go online to CVS and they will show you locations that do the test. Then pick one close to you. 

27 minutes ago, HOBE SOUND CRUISER said:

What was the cost of the test by CVS?

They bill your insurance and if insurance doesn't cover it they use the government program to cover it. Should be no out of pocket to you. If you don't have insurance they use the government program.

2 hours ago, HOBE SOUND CRUISER said:

What was the cost of the test by CVS?

If you have insurance, they'll charge it to your insurance company. If you don't have insurance, they'll charge it to the federal government. At the end of the day, you don't have to pay for it.

2 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I made reservations at both Walgreens and at CVS in case something happened.  Both were open, both tests went seamlessly and both were negative.  I had 2 different copies in the event it was needed; it wasn't.

I know cvs allows booking 2 weeks out.  Where Walgreens expects you to enter all your info before you can even check dates and locations.  How far out does Walgreens book out for?

thanx 

Erika

56 minutes ago, shippmates said:

We need to have a test for our 10/3 cruise.  The antigen test are getting hard to find.  We live in PA and the closest CVS that had any appointments when we needed was in Hagerstown, MD 55 miles away.

the forum has many reports of tests being canceled day of. i bought the at home kits to relieve that stress. 

Edited by luckyinpa

7 hours ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

I just booked a rapid antigen test at CVS. I see that a “valid document” is a requirement for check in. Does CVS provide required documentation for this type of test? If you have taken this test at CVS, did you receive an email with your results? Thank you so much for your help! 

I think the valid document part of the rules is to prevent people from trying to use handwritten notes from doctors (or people pretending to be doctors) or typing up their own results document.  If you’re getting your test done at any establishment that is in the business of doing covid tests (i.e. pharmacies, urgent care clinics, hospitals, testing centers, the health department, etc.) I don’t think you need to be worried that the results document they send you won’t be considered valid. Providing documentation that can be used to prove your negative status to entities that require it is literally their job, and for all of the complaints we hear about the US’s testing infrastructure, not being able to put together a results doc that is widely accepted hasn’t been one of them.