Live from Oasis of the Seas - 9/19

mac_tlc

We are on the 10/3 sailing...a bit nervous about Sam, but the vast majority of models appear to be coming in more and more agreement that Sam will veer away from the coast. But..we all know how "models" can change...but at least they are mostly consistent....

18L_gefs_latest.png

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

is there a dress code for CK

can you order CK from room service?

Dress code is casual .

I have seen the waiters bringing CK meals out, I assume it is either through room

service or calling directly. I would bet the concierge can arrange it.

Edited by mac_tlc

3 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

can you get a better time for mytime once on the ship. do they hold back times for suites. earliest i see now is 745

The times we have done the MDR and been in a suite, there is a separate line at the dining room—-in essence they take to when you show up—- but that was pre-COVID. 

We have always been successful making MDR changes the first day by going straight to the MDR upon boarding. I would think that if capacity

is low, they would have more flexibility.

Edited by mac_tlc

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

The times we have done the MDR and been in a suite, there is a separate line at the dining room—-in essence they take to when you show up—- but that was pre-COVID. 

cool thanks, and CK reservations can only be made on board correct? heck for MDR i only could figure it out using my laptop. couldnt find out to do reservations on the app. 

11 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

cool thanks, and CK reservations can only be made on board correct? heck for MDR i only could figure it out using my laptop. couldnt find out to do reservations on the app. 

If you are in a suite, you should receive an email from the concierge the week before. Respond to it with all your dining requests and they will be done for you. 

I just had a long conversation with Nadia in the Suite Lounge tonight and she said they start attacking all the email requests the last day of the prior cruise and will do al the dining reservations. They will also make show reservations for you based on your dining times. When we got onboard all dining and show reservations were done. Pre-COVID, suite guests could just show up at any show and get in.

Not now. Everyone need a reservation. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

If you are in a suite, you should receive an email from the concierge the week before. Respond to it with all your dining requests and they will be done for you. 

I just had a long conversation with Nadia in the Suite Lounge tonight and she said they start attacking all the email requests the last day of the prior cruise and will do al the dining reservations. They will also make show reservations for you based on your dining times. When we got onboard all dining and show reservations were done. Pre-COVID, suite guests could just show up at any show and get in.

mac_tlc

thanks for the great info.  i know the buffet is not self serve anymore. but it is just a free for all to come and go as you please .pop in for a cookie etc 🙂

2 hours ago, JMKreno said:

We are on the 10/3 sailing...a bit nervous about Sam, but the vast majority of models appear to be coming in more and more agreement that Sam will veer away from the coast. But..we all know how "models" can change...but at least they are mostly consistent....

18L_gefs_latest.png

The European models seem to be more accurate than the American models. I'm assuming that this is the European model? Good that you did your homework ! As you can see it will remain a very intense hurricane with the MB's staying low.

52 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

thanks for the great info.  i know the buffet is not self serve anymore. but it is just a free for all to come and go as you please .pop in for a cookie etc 🙂

They do scan your sea pass card upon entering, so they can control the number of people inside at one time. 

Cafe Promenade has cookies too😜.

Edited by mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

They do scan your sea pass card upon entering, so they can control the number of people inside at one time. 

Cafe Promenade has cookies too😜.

PLUS on the Oasis you not only have your card scanned then go over to the sink but when you're through your breakfast or lunch you exit the Windjammer from a different door you came in.

13 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

We’re in a GS on Sunday and never got an email from the concierge. 

Thanks for all the updates Mac! A few quick questions.

1) Do you need reservations for everything now? ie specialty restaurants, coastal kitchen, etc. I have the UDP and was hoping I could just walk in. Can you order food from the specialties to go?

2) Do you have a bar menu of the free beer and wine options from the suite lounge?

3) Do you have a bar menu for the 5-8 suite lounge happy hour liquor choices?

Thanks!!

3 minutes ago, tomservo said:

Thanks for all the updates Mac! A few quick questions.

1) Do you need reservations for everything now? ie specialty restaurants, coastal kitchen, etc. I have the UDP and was hoping I could just walk in. Can you order food from the specialties to go?

2) Do you have a bar menu of the free beer and wine options from the suite lounge?

3) Do you have a bar menu for the 5-8 suite lounge happy hour liquor choices?

Thanks!!

1. Technically you need reservations, but given the low capacity I would expect that walk ups can be accommodated. However the specialties for instance have some tables unisex for physical distancing . I recommend you make reservations when possible. 

2. I have not seen a paper bar menu for the SL. They do have Bud, Bud Light, and a few others. 

3. The 5-8 bar choices are just about anything that does not need a blender to make. All the bottles are out to see. Pretty much the same liquors they have at the other bars. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

If you like, let me know what cabin number and I will tell the concierge.

Thank you but I’m not going to bother with it or bother you with it at this point. I just put it out there for others that maybe didn’t get an email to know it’s not always done.

I’ve already made dinner reservations for the week and honestly the dinner menu in CK only looks good to me on the first night so we’ll probably only go there for breakfast. We’ve also got the drink pkg so probably won’t use the suite lounge either. 

I’ll make show reservations myself once we board. Not a big deal to me. 

Thanks for all the information you put out this week and happy you had a great cruise😊

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

We’re in a GS on Sunday and never got an email from the concierge. 

Not surprised Royal is still running thin on getting things done right. My group were all sent to different tables in the MDR. A stop off to speak to the M'aitre D on deck 3 took care of that glitch. You'll notice on the Oasis there are a lot of new hires and many are in training while quite a few didn't have a good handle speaking and understanding the english language. We realize everyone has got to start somewhere.

• Thanks 1

I am wondering what Adventure Ocean has been like for anyone that has sailed recently. We're going to be on Oasis 10/3 and would like to get a little time to check out the spa/bars/fine dining/adult areas. I've never used it before so not sure how it worked pre-covid.

Is it operating at reduced capacity/reduced hours?

Did you have trouble scheduling time? I read somewhere they limited time to a certain # of hours.

Is it closed between 5-7pm still? What are the options if you make a dinner reservation between then or do you just eat dinner after 7?

What kind of activities are they still doing ? I imagine some of the more hands on activities are being scrapped.

We usually utilize the Concierges services to book our dinner reservations.  Never had a problem with him getting the time we want; once he had to switch days to accommodate this, and it was an easy trade.

And besides once was enough waiting in line which seemed forever to book dinners on the Allure.

It didn't take that  long, but why wait in line when you have a big ship to explore, and besides now being able to  book on line ahead of time.

If they (Concierges) elect not to do their job in other ways, so be it...It is what it is, not going to ruin my cruise.

COVID taking a toll on all aspects of life, nothing will upset me, and just hoping for a safe healthy cruise, and relaxing time book reading in the SL when I  am tired of the sun.

I am hearing with less and less people going to it, should provide a relaxing atmosphere.

Safe travels.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

We usually utilize the Concierges services to book our dinner reservations.  Never had a problem with him getting the time we want; once he had to switch days to accommodate this, and it was an easy trade.

And besides once was enough waiting in line which seemed forever to book dinners on the Allure.

It didn't take that  long, but why wait in line when you have a big ship to explore, and besides now being able to  book on line ahead of time.

If they (Concierges) elect not to do their job in other ways, so be it...It is what it is, not going to ruin my cruise.

COVID taking a toll on all aspects of life, nothing will upset me, and just hoping for a safe healthy cruise, and relaxing time book reading in the SL when I  am tired of the sun.

I am hearing with less and less people going to it, should provide a relaxing atmosphere.

Safe travels.

A very fine attitude !! 🙂