Fourteen day cruises

Moby Jones

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Also no more 14 nights cruises to New England and Canada, Iceland and Greenland etc

I think Panama Canal cruises (full transit, USA coast to coast) are still 14 nights or longer.

9 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Seabourn is doing 14 dAY Caribbean cruise all winter.   Prices are about the same as Celebrity Suites.   All inclusive, no premium beverage upgrades.  Champagne and caviar is always available.

Since I started this thread I've booked 14 days onboard Crystal Symphony. The balcony prices were comparable to E class Aquaclass rooms which surprised me. We've not sailed on Crystal yet but from the Youtube videos I've been watching the ship looks very nice. 🙂 

10 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

11 and 12 nights are definitely more practical for most working people which why the trend across all lines has leaned that way. For an American going to Europe and allowing a little wiggle room, your trip quickly turns into a 16 or 17 night event. Nearly 3 weeks away from work depending on how the days fall. 

I think you're right there. As well as bean counters calculating that they can earn more revenue from shorter cruises they are aimed primarily at an American market. It's my understanding that Americans are granted much less annual holiday entitlement than Europeans. 

In the UK many employers offer 28 to 33 days annual holiday plus 8 public holiday days. Some also offer employees the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days too. So taking 'extended' trips isn't too difficult for many people over here. 

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Just booked a 14 night Mediterranean for 30/07/22. 
I actually featured as a double points offer.

Just hope it goes, as it is a similar itinerary to our cancelled 01/08/20.

3B5D9125-559A-4A6A-88C2-F45AB86DE79D.thumb.jpeg.723aef364c5a689d7707b9591fa91fde.jpeg

Shows how popular longer cruises are…not one suite room available for this cruise or the two 11 night cruises in the Autumn to the Canary Islands. Plenty of space on 9 night similar itineraries….

• Thanks 1

It is disappointing. We were booked on cancelled 14 night cruises from Singapore to Hong Kong in both 2021 and 2022. Now they are no more. I really liked the idea of staying a night in Singapore and Hong Kong and 2 overnight stops

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

Shows how popular longer cruises are…not one suite room available for this cruise or the two 11 night cruises in the Autumn to the Canary Islands. Plenty of space on 9 night similar itineraries….

It was a struggle to get a 2B cabin. Our favoured is either 2A or 1A, as I prefer midships.

Looking at the Roll Call, there are passengers who have Lifted & Shifted x2. Hopefully, it will be 3rd time lucky for this sailing, as it’s the only Mediterranean cruise next year from Southampton.

Edited by upwarduk

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

It was a struggle to get a 2B cabin. Our favoured is either 2A or 1A, as I prefer midships.

Looking at the Roll Call, there are passengers who have Lifted & Shifted x2. Hopefully, it will be 3rd time lucky for this sailing, as it’s the only Mediterranean cruise next year from Southampton.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise! This itinerary is always popular but with many people still avoiding flying I think it will be more popular than ever! 

Yes, we could not have been more disappointed in Celebrity’s elimination of the regular 14 day Southern Caribbean cruises. It was a winter event for us for many years.  We saw a lot of the same passengers every year.  Before we discovered Celebrity’s 14 day cruise, we did a B2B (7 days).  It is just not the same for us and we will not be repeating that experience.  Perhaps a B2B 10 day cruise, but we really like 14 days.  

Although it is costing us significantly more money (than on the previous Celebrity cruises), we are trying other cruise lines.  In 2020 we tried Regent and for January 2022 we are taking an Oceania cruise.  Both 14 day cruises.  Seaborne also has 14 day options.  

The irony of Celebrity’s decision was that it pushed us to other options.  We are still booking fall 14 day TA’s on Celebrity, but they are only getting half our business now.  

We often book 14 day or longer cruises.  We like the dedicated 14 day, not b2b.  Not a fan of turn around days. Some cruise lines do b2b seamlessly. Celebrity does not. On a b2b on Celebrity, there is some interruption.  Often took 14 day Caribbean cruises on Celebrity.  Sadly, Celebrity discontinued those cruises.  It attracted many older retired people.many of those didn’t buy extras.   It wasn’t as profitable as shorter cruises. Celebrity is trying to attract younger people.  They spend more. Marketing studies indicate that one week cruises are most profitable and are easier to sell.  For the longer cruises, there are still other cruise lines doing 14 day trips.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, we could not have been more disappointed in Celebrity’s elimination of the regular 14 day Southern Caribbean cruises. It was a winter event for us for many years.  We saw a lot of the same passengers every year.  

same for us.  we loved seeing the same people every year.  wish we could at least get one of these per year.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

We often book 14 day or longer cruises.  We like the dedicated 14 day, not b2b.  Not a fan of turn around days. Some cruise lines do b2b seamlessly. Celebrity does not. On a b2b on Celebrity, there is some interruption.  Often took 14 day Caribbean cruises on Celebrity.  Sadly, Celebrity discontinued those cruises.  It attracted many older retired people.many of those didn’t buy extras.   It wasn’t as profitable as shorter cruises. Celebrity is trying to attract younger people.  They spend more. Marketing studies indicate that one week cruises are most profitable and are easier to sell.  For the longer cruises, there are still other cruise lines doing 14 day trips.  

There is no doubt in my mind that 7 day cruises are more profitable.  I suspect Celebrity hoped  we would just move to the 10 and 11 day cruises perhaps doing a B2B.  Thus may be the case with a lot of people, but not us.

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, we could not have been more disappointed in Celebrity’s elimination of the regular 14 day Southern Caribbean cruises. It was a winter event for us for many years.  We saw a lot of the same passengers every year.  Before we discovered Celebrity’s 14 day cruise, we did a B2B (7 days).  It is just not the same for us and we will not be repeating that experience.  Perhaps a B2B 10 day cruise, but we really like 14 days.  

Although it is costing us significantly more money (than on the previous Celebrity cruises), we are trying other cruise lines.  In 2020 we tried Regent and for January 2022 we are taking an Oceania cruise.  Both 14 day cruises.  Seaborne also has 14 day options.  

The irony of Celebrity’s decision was that it pushed us to other options.  We are still booking fall 14 day TA’s on Celebrity, but they are only getting half our business now.  

We will be interested to read your reviews on alternative cruise lines. On a cruise a year before lockdown we had a real mix of guests with wide experience on other lines in Michael’s Club. What confused us greatly was the mix of responses…Whilst one couple would describe a cruise line  as ‘relaxing’  another would describe it as ‘dead’….Regarding another cruise line it was ‘as cruises used to be’ compared to ‘stuffy’…

Just off Silhouette where we really appreciated the benefits of the suite lounge/sun deck/restaurant but also enjoyed time in the full ship…We will be really  interested to read your reviews/comparisons…

• Thanks 1

No doubt, can't beat the old traditional 14 night cruises. But (pre covid experiences) B2B cruises (two 7 night cruises) work for us. Better than a short 7 night cruise. Doing a B2B Caribbean cruise with RC on the Explorer March 2022. We've got a 12 night NE/Canada cruise booked for September 2022 on the Summit. We did the cruise in September 2019 on the Summit and it was 14 nights. Perfect. Bummer the itinerary was shortened for 2022.  All our Celebrity (and RC) B2B cruise(s) experiences have been seamlessly. We like the option of staying onboard or getting an in transit pass and going ashore. If staying onboard we can wonder around the ship briefly before the next group boards or go back to our stateroom to chill out. We always attend the consecutive cruises lunch in the MDR. Once the general boarding starts then everything opens back up and the fun begins again. 

56 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We will be interested to read your reviews on alternative cruise lines. On a cruise a year before lockdown we had a real mix of guests with wide experience on other lines in Michael’s Club. What confused us greatly was the mix of responses…Whilst one couple would describe a cruise line  as ‘relaxing’  another would describe it as ‘dead’….Regarding another cruise line it was ‘as cruises used to be’ compared to ‘stuffy’…

Just off Silhouette where we really appreciated the benefits of the suite lounge/sun deck/restaurant but also enjoyed time in the full ship…We will be really  interested to read your reviews/comparisons…

Falls under the category of one persons floor, is another persons ceiling.