Fourteen day cruises

Moby Jones

Does anyone else lament the scrapping of 14 day Caribbean and Asian cruises by Celebrity? I always thought that the 'Exotic Southern Caribbean' 14 night itinerary was one of the best available in that part of the world. And I see they are now only offering cruises of up to 12 days in Asia. 

I suspect the bean counters have been hard at work looking at Asian itineraries too. 

• Like 2

True 14 day Caribbean cruises are largely a thing of the past across all lines. I think Carnival does a very occasional 14 day route. NCL may do one from the Northeast but you lose a solid 4 days to cold weather. Princess, HAL, MSC, etc. all sell 14 day cruises but they are really just two 7 day cruises sold together with a stop back in Florida midway through. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

True 14 day Caribbean cruises are largely a thing of the past across all lines. I think Carnival does a very occasional 14 day route. NCL may do one from the Northeast but you lose a solid 4 days to cold weather. Princess, HAL, MSC, etc. all sell 14 day cruises but they are really just two 7 day cruises sold together with a stop back in Florida midway through. 

For these types of itineraries you may want to check out Oceania, they are plentiful on their site and the cost compared to current Celebrity prices may very well surprise you.

34 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

Does anyone else lament the scrapping of 14 day Caribbean and Asian cruises by Celebrity? I always thought that the 'Exotic Southern Caribbean' 14 night itinerary was one of the best available in that part of the world. And I see they are now only offering cruises of up to 12 days in Asia. 

I suspect the bean counters have been hard at work looking at Asian itineraries too. 

We always did the 14 night Caribbean cruises. Since they are no longer offered we do B2B cruises (two different intinaries same stateroom) to get our 14 night fix. Our last true 14 night cruise was September 2019 on the Summit, New England/Canada cruise, RT from Bayonne. At least Celebrity still offers some 12 night cruises. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

For these types of itineraries you may want to check out Oceania, they are plentiful on their site and the cost compared to current Celebrity prices may very well surprise you.

I haven't double checked but I know a few of their 17 nighters still stop back in Miami on day 10. If you're a mid/high end suite cruiser with $20-$50k budgets you can see some comparable net prices. But from my limited experience with Oceania, for most people a veranda category on Oceania is still a stretch from veranda prices on Celebrity. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I haven't double checked but I know a few of their 17 nighters still stop back in Miami on day 10. If you're a mid/high end suite cruiser with $20-$50k budgets you can see some comparable net prices. But from my limited experience with Oceania, for most people a veranda category on Oceania is still a stretch from veranda prices on Celebrity. 

16 day cruise on Riviera, Dec 2022, less than $20k.  We had a 12 day on Beyond Oct 2022, $30k, no brainer in moving to the O cruise.

• Like 1

Princess does a very nice 14 night r/t  Ft. Lauderdale. It hits some ports that not many, especially Celebrity, go to often.

Plus it stays in St Thomas until 10PM, so one can explore other US or BVI islands during the stop.  

The ship is a smaller, older one - approximately comparable to M class.

I did it in 2019, and will be repeating in 2023.    

13 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

16 day cruise on Riviera, Dec 2022, less than $20k.  We had a 12 day on Beyond Oct 2022, $30k, no brainer in moving to the O cruise.

Have you ever been on an “O” cruise?  It’s a very different experience.

17 minutes ago, Oville said:

Have you ever been on an “O” cruise?  It’s a very different experience.

I have not but am looking forward to it after chatting with several folks there.  A bit more sedate from what I gather, but that is OK with us.  Def going to find out.

36 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I have to say O prices, even for a transatlantic on the Riviera built in 2012 have come down quite a bit from what they used to be. And as others have mentioned O is definitely a more relaxed cruise than a Celebrity cruise. Of course you also have to remember the Beyond is the newest Edge class ship so one can probably expect their initial prices to be higher than other X TA cruises on their older ships. 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/transatlantic-cruises/rome-to-miami-RVA221207/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2022-12%26marketing_region%3Dcaribbean%26ship%3DRVA%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

47 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I have to say O prices, even for a transatlantic on the Riviera built in 2012 have come down quite a bit from what they used to be. And as others have mentioned O is definitely a more relaxed cruise than a Celebrity cruise. Of course you also have to remember the Beyond is the newest Edge class ship so one can probably expect their initial prices to be higher than other X TA cruises on their older ships. 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/transatlantic-cruises/rome-to-miami-RVA221207/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2022-12%26marketing_region%3Dcaribbean%26ship%3DRVA%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

I have checked out a few cruises for O's new Vista, like Beyond, they are through the roof.  They do have some awesome itineraries though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

I agree with you completely--we totally miss the 14 night Exotic Southern Caribbean cruises.  We sailed on the last one (Jan 4 2019 Reflection).  I wish Celebrity would bring them back.

We are also victims of the elimination of the 14 night Asia sailings.  We were booked on the 14 night Dec 20 2020 Millennium cruise (Hong Kong to Singapore) which was cancelled and we Lifted and Shifted to the 14 night Dec 19 2021 Solstice sailing.   That sailing was cancelled and we have been shifted to the 11 night Dec 23 2022 Solstice cruise.  The 11 night itinerary eliminated the overnights at Hong Kong, Singapore, Hanoi, and Bangkok which is a real shame.

24 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I agree with you completely--we totally miss the 14 night Exotic Southern Caribbean cruises.  We sailed on the last one (Jan 4 2019 Reflection).  I wish Celebrity would bring them back.

We are also victims of the elimination of the 14 night Asia sailings.  We were booked on the 14 night Dec 20 2020 Millennium cruise (Hong Kong to Singapore) which was cancelled and we Lifted and Shifted to the 14 night Dec 19 2021 Solstice sailing.   That sailing was cancelled and we have been shifted to the 11 night Dec 23 2022 Solstice cruise.  The 11 night itinerary eliminated the overnights at Hong Kong, Singapore, Hanoi, and Bangkok which is a real shame.

We had winter 2019 and 2020 14 night Asian cruises cancelled. So we were also disappointed to see shorter cruises offered from this year. Though adding a couple of days on as a city break could be an enjoyable alternative at least. 

I appreciate back to backs work for many people, but the 7 day Caribbean itineraries currently on offer are not that inspiring. The suite prices on Edge class ships don't look good value for money either when compared to more upscale lines but I digress. Still, there are plenty of alternative lines out there. :) 

• Like 1

I’ve noticed over the past few years the 14 night offerings have been declining. 

My thought is it is to make these sailings more appealing to the younger crowd that Celebrity is working on attracting. 

14 nights, once travel to and from ports is taken into account,  doesn’t fit into a fortnight’s work break as well as 12 nights does. 

I’ve never done a B2B.

For some reason I always equate them with a Caribbean cruise and have no desire to return to Florida mid cruise.

Now (lightbulb moment), thinking about Asia or Europe, a B2B could really appeal.

The thought of an east then west Med leaving from Barcelona could really appeal, as could a similar from Singapore. 

Cheers, h. 

I loved those 14-night cruises!  Did quite a few of them.  Would jump on them again in a heartbeat if Celebrity would offer them again.  And I did them all while I was working, so it's not an impossibility if one is working.  I even had to fly to Florida or Cape Liberty to catch one, thus adding an extra day.  But now I am not part of their preferred demographic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

Equinox does 9day abc islands and alternates with 12day southern carribean.

i just did the 21day b2b. (August)

Bahamas, abc islands, then for the 12day ALOT of islands that have the word 'Saint' in them. :)

i think equinox does this till at least oct

Edited by fstuff1

2 hours ago, middlehaitch said:

I’ve noticed over the past few years the 14 night offerings have been declining. 

My thought is it is to make these sailings more appealing to the younger crowd that Celebrity is working on attracting. 

14 nights, once travel to and from ports is taken into account,  doesn’t fit into a fortnight’s work break as well as 12 nights does. 

I’ve never done a B2B.

For some reason I always equate them with a Caribbean cruise and have no desire to return to Florida mid cruise.

Now (lightbulb moment), thinking about Asia or Europe, a B2B could really appeal.

The thought of an east then west Med leaving from Barcelona could really appeal, as could a similar from Singapore. 

Cheers, h. 

11 and 12 nights are definitely more practical for most working people which why the trend across all lines has leaned that way. For an American going to Europe and allowing a little wiggle room, your trip quickly turns into a 16 or 17 night event. Nearly 3 weeks away from work depending on how the days fall.