Specialty Dining Package … Murano every night possible ?

barneymag

Hi All

We’re boarding (🤞) Silhouette on Monday and thinking of booking a 3 or 4 night Specialty Dining package. Looking at the various menus Murano has so many great options we would like to dine there multiple nights if not all nights ….. is this possible ? or are you forced to eat in different restaurants on the 3 or 4 nights ? 

Also is it possible to order two appetisers and one main course in Murano ? I tend to enjoy trying many different appetisers if they’re not too filling and Murano’s look great. Quite often don’t bother with a dessert as I don’t have a particular sweet tooth (although I love great cheeses ) so is the cheese course available as well as a dessert or instead of ?

Thanks in advance for any advice

I don't believe it is possible using the dining package as the pricing is based on multiple restaurants each evening.

You should have no trouble ordering 2 appetizers but their meals do tend to be filling.   We often order an appetizer and an appetizer as a main course and they oblige but try to supersize the one for the main course.    We are not big eaters and prefer the normal size.

You can however do it by paying the full price and getting your CC discount if applicable.   Also if in an upper suite you can do it at no additional charge.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, barneymag said:

we would like to dine there multiple nights if not all nights ….. is this possible ?

The last time we sailed with a package (2018), they had no problem with us dining at Murano every night of our dining package. Rules may have changed since then. They also allowed us to order two appetizers and an entree, or an entree as an appetizer, etc. - but again, rules may have changed. In fact, I believe I remember reading in the fine print somewhere that they now charge an additional $20 for an extra entree. We are not big dessert eaters so our second appetizer typically took the place of dessert, which may be why they allowed it without extra charges. Their cheese course is available in addition to or in place of dessert.

Edited by Alsmez
  • Thanks 1

We were on the UK Silhouette 6 night sailing in July and we eat at Murano twice but not as part of a speciality dining package - we just booked on the planner before going on the ship. We were glad we booked as we spoke to a few people on board and they could not get a table and were disappointed. 

We had two starters each, then a main each then dessert, then they brought around the cheese globe where you can choose as many cheeses as you like. Except for the initial surcharge for the speciality dining, there were no extras for an extra starter etc. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Just off Silhouette, they are limited to the number of covers every night at present owing to distancing. However, if they can cater to your request to dine there multiple times I am sure they will. If you are flexible about the time you dine there or the days you dine there it may help them accommodate you. I guess it depends on the number of dining packages they have sold and the take up by higher suite guests as to if they are happy when you board to commit to 3/4 nights.

Strongly recommend you don’t order two appetisers, you really will spoil your entree. Perhaps if you and your partner order different starters and try a bit of each other’s and then maybe request a salad to share? The spinach and frisée salad with the egg on top is my favourite….The cheese course is in addition to the dessert selection. The choices are usually excellent. Cannot comment on our recent cruise as we never had room for it. Even if you generally haven’t got a sweet tooth there are a couple of desserts really worth trying. My favourite in the Grand Marnier soufflé and my husband’s is the ballon rouge…Worth ordering the ballon rouge to enjoy the sight and smell of the flambé cooking.

I would also recommend trying Tuscan one night too. We booked it as we left Southampton and again as we left Dover. The wake views are a real experience as you leave a port and you get the benefit if you book for 6pm of watching daytime first and then the sky darkening as night falls. We have done this on many occasions and the magic remains unchanged…

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

4 hours ago, K12Guy said:

Book a Royal or Penthouse and you can eat at any specialty restaurant every night, with no additional charge. Or, you can eat at Murano every night and become a fixture there.

On longer cruises we have dined in Murano’s frequently. Especially on ships with less dining options than Silhouette.

Much as we love the Murano’s menu we have been delighted when they have sometimes offered to make alternatives for us…The steak Dianne was wonderful and the smell of the sauce when cooking was memorable…

Unlimited speciality dining is probably the perk we use most when booking a higher suite.

8 hours ago, bonvoyaged said:

The Silhouette is our favorite ship…be sure to try the grill on top of the ship as one of your specialty dinners. It’s outside and the food is all grilled and it’s our favorite of all of the specialty restaurants.

The Lawn Grill does offer a change of ambiance, more of a family BBQ feel or a Mediterranean cafe. It, like Tuscan, in our opinion, is a venue ideal for early dining as you leave a port.

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

On longer cruises we have dined in Murano’s frequently. Especially on ships with less dining options than Silhouette.

Much as we love the Murano’s menu we have been delighted when they have sometimes offered to make alternatives for us…The steak Dianne was wonderful and the smell of the sauce when cooking was memorable…

Unlimited speciality dining is probably the perk we use most when booking a higher suite.

Even in penthouse I enjoy Luminae for most meals , was surprised that Murano and Tuscan grill were not on edge.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Even in penthouse I enjoy Luminae for most meals , was surprised that Murano and Tuscan grill were not on edge.

No issues with the service in Luminae but we do find the dinner menu quite limited. Edge has it’s own restaurants, I don’t think it ever intended to go the route of S class. More disappointing for us was the removal of the ‘liner’ restaurants from M class, a big mistake in our opinion.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, George C said:

That has been our experience, as well. One of our last cruises in Royal we had three nights booked at Murano. After the first experience there we cancelled the other two and we treated like 'Royalty' at Luminae. And, the meals were just as good.

Our last cruise to Alaska aboard Millennium we hit Tuscan the second night and it was a dud. Stayed with Luminae the rest of the cruise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

That has been our experience, as well. One of our last cruises in Royal we had three nights booked at Murano. After the first experience there we cancelled the other two and we treated like 'Royalty' at Luminae. And, the meals were just as good.

Our last cruise to Alaska aboard Millennium we hit Tuscan the second night and it was a dud. Stayed with Luminae the rest of the cruise.

A big difference between choices on M class, most S class, Reflection and Silhouette on S class and Edge class…

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

More disappointing for us was the removal of the ‘liner’ restaurants from M class, a big mistake in our opinion.

Was just commenting similarly in a Constellation thread.  Would be fine switching Qsine back to Ocean Liners.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I don't believe it is possible using the dining package as the pricing is based on multiple restaurants each evening.

You should have no trouble ordering 2 appetizers but their meals do tend to be filling.   We often order an appetizer and an appetizer as a main course and they oblige but try to supersize the one for the main course.    We are not big eaters and prefer the normal size.

You can however do it by paying the full price and getting your CC discount if applicable.   Also if in an upper suite you can do it at no additional charge.  

i was on the equinox (solo) in 2021 and ate at both tuscan and murano.

i did NOT have the dining package.

at tuscan i had 3 appetizers and 2 entrees. (Both the ribeye and the filet mignon). no additional charges on my acct.

then at murano, i had 2 appetizers and 3 entrees. (lobster, dover sole, and sea bass)

does the dining package limit you to 1 entree?

fyi: i'm used to chilean sea bass. the Mediterranean sea bass was NOTHING like the chilean variety

Edited by fstuff1

21 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

i was on the equinox (solo) in 2021 and ate at both tuscan and murano.

i did NOT have the dining package.

at tuscan i had 3 appetizers and 2 entrees. (Both the ribeye and the filet mignon). no additional charges on my acct.

then at murano, i had 2 appetizers and 3 entrees. (lobster, dover sole, and sea bass)

does the dining package limit you to 1 entree?

fyi: i'm used to chilean sea bass. the Mediterranean sea bass was NOTHING like the chilean variety

As my bubbe used to say-zeyer gut apetit.

Edited by Andrewgary

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Was just commenting similarly in a Constellation thread.  Would be fine switching Qsine back to Ocean Liners.

Glad it isn’t just us…For our cruise experience dining is key. Qsine/LPC are fun rather than fine dining experiences. Tuscan on S class is wonderful because of it’s wake views but on M class it lacks the wow!

We have enjoyed three cruises on M class but are unlikely to book again owing to the limited dining options….It would take an exceptional itinerary to get us back on board…

Technically, you are not supposed to be allowed to eat at Murano every night on a package.  Whether you can or not will depend on the staff onboard and whether they allow it, and it may be impacted by how bookings are going.  Murano is the premier restaurant and most expensive on Silhouette I believe so if they allowed it all the time many people would be trying to do the same thing to get the most bang for their buck and that would be a huge booking problem.

As to two orders of apps or entrees, never had any issues doing that.  If they are charging more for two entrees that would be something new - had not heard of that.

Never have I seen any description of the dining package that states you cannot select the same restaurant for all of your meals onboard. My assumption is that most people would like to try a variety of restaurants. 

Here is a description from the Cruise Planner:

Book Your Specialty Dining Package Now to Enjoy the Best Value

• Experience as many specialty restaurants as your appetite desires and enjoy savings. 

• Package provides flexibility to book different restaurants for lunch and dinner. 

• A Day 1 courtesy time reservation can be made prior to sailing. 

• Your restaurant location will be confirmed in your cabin on embarkation day. 

• To make any changes and to plan remaining reservations, please visit the specialty dining desk which is open during embarkation day or speak  

to

the Maitre D’ any day throughout your sailing. 

• Specialty dining packages and restaurants are based on availability and may not be offered on every voyage.

• Thanks 1

First time sailing with Celebrity and new to specialty dining also.  We do not have a dining package, but would like to eat at the Murano.  Should I make reservations before sailing?  I am assuming that the menu changes daily, is lobster only available on certain nights?  

Will there be special pricing on board?  There is a 30% discount on day 1 and there is one day with lunch available for $35/pp. The app also says there is a cancellation fee, so I am not sure if I should book now or wait until onboard.  We have no OBC!

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, texanitalian said:

First time sailing with Celebrity and new to specialty dining also.  We do not have a dining package, but would like to eat at the Murano.  Should I make reservations before sailing?  I am assuming that the menu changes daily, is lobster only available on certain nights?  

Will there be special pricing on board?  There is a 30% discount on day 1 and there is one day with lunch available for $35/pp. The app also says there is a cancellation fee, so I am not sure if I should book now or wait until onboard.  We have no OBC!

Thanks!

The menu stays the same, so lobster is always available. If you have s specific day and time you want to dine (special occasion) I would suggest you pre book.

Restaurant discounts are a bit hit and miss. On our last Equinox cruise there were discounts for Tuscan and LPC but not for Murano and by mid cruise it was fully booked. In contrast on Eclipse Murano’s was offering discounts…Sometimes discounts come with a limitation on day or time available.

Before we had speciality dining included with our suite we used to book a dining package. We would then head to one of the speciality restaurants immediately on boarding to arrange days and times. If you decide to wait until you are on board there is usually someone from the speciality restaurants just outside the buffet. Ask them about any deals they have. 

4 minutes ago, chemmo said:

The menu stays the same, so lobster is always available. If you have s specific day and time you want to dine (special occasion) I would suggest you pre book.

Restaurant discounts are a bit hit and miss. On our last Equinox cruise there were discounts for Tuscan and LPC but not for Murano and by mid cruise it was fully booked. In contrast on Eclipse Murano’s was offering discounts…Sometimes discounts come with a limitation on day or time available.

Before we had speciality dining included with our suite we used to book a dining package. We would then head to one of the speciality restaurants immediately on boarding to arrange days and times. If you decide to wait until you are on board there is usually someone from the speciality restaurants just outside the buffet. Ask them about any deals they have. 

Thank you. We will be on the Equinox next month and will be celebrating our anniversary.

Currently in Luminae on Silhouette having a fantastic breakfast. Have found the buffet too busy and unenjoyable even with only 1300 on board.

There has been no availability for Murano last three nights of the cruise. Spoke to a couple who are wait listed. It would be remiss of X to allow folk to eat there every night whilst others cannot even get one opportunity. 

We had a fantastic meal in Murano. A decent quantity. Why anyone would need more than one entree beats me. 

Enjoying the Luminae evening meals. My wife, who has a limited selection of meats/ fish she will eat, has chosen off the MDR menu.  If the entree portion is small the waiter has always advised adding sides. She noticed I am 6’3” and about 15.5 stone. No need for double entrees but frequently added the escargot. 

Dieting next week I am told.