Cruises missing from Celebrity site

nunuc2000

We are booked for the Millie for a B2B2B in January of 2023, and when I check on line, my reservations are still there, but if checking the Celebrity website, only the Jan 14/2023 cruise is showing... the Jan 21 and Jan 28 legs are MIA.  Any clue on why that might be? I tried phoning them... but after sitting on hold for over 20 minutes, I gave up thinking y'all would probably have a better answer for me anyway! HAHA!

25 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

We are booked for the Millie for a B2B2B in January of 2023, and when I check on line, my reservations are still there, but if checking the Celebrity website, only the Jan 14/2023 cruise is showing... the Jan 21 and Jan 28 legs are MIA.  Any clue on why that might be? I tried phoning them... but after sitting on hold for over 20 minutes, I gave up thinking y'all would probably have a better answer for me anyway! HAHA!

I don't have any insider knowledge, but M class ships in the Caribbean in Jan/Feb/Mar are prime ships for charters. 

Edit - looking at prices, I bet the 1/14/23 sailing will come down too. They tend to bump up prices close to cancellation. Currently at $5,200+ for 7 nights in a low level balcony on Millennium? No thanks...

Edited by Jeremiah1212

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I don't have any insider knowledge, but M class ships in the Caribbean in Jan/Feb/Mar are prime ships for charters. 

Edit - looking at prices, I bet the 1/14/23 sailing will come down too. They tend to bump up prices close to cancellation. Currently at $5,200+ for 7 nights in a low level balcony on Millennium? No thanks...

Except this one is still almost a year and a half out... so no where near final cancellations dates yet...

36 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Except this one is still almost a year and a half out... so no where near final cancellations dates yet...

Celebrity typically secures their charter contracts no more than 1 year out from the sailing date. Definitely not unlikely they are working on finalizing ship charters for early/mid 2023 at this point. 

We would be so disappointed to have any portion of that cruise canceled, or even not cancelled but mostly sold to a charter group. I certainly hope that if one or two of the three segments we have booked ends up being cancelled for chartering, that celebrity will provide a full refund, not future cruise credits, for all three segments of our B2B2B. 

1 hour ago, D C said:

Missing from your personal 'upcoming cruise' list, or missing from the Celebrity site entirely?

Missing from the Celebrity site... we have a B2B2B booked on Millie Jan 14, 21, and 28 of 2023... only the Jan 14 one is there, the other two missing....  but still show up in our own online account.

Well this might explain why 2 of the 3 legs we have booked are now not showing on their website - it appears that the Celebrity Millennium has been chartered during the first leg of our B2B2B, but the timing doesn't add up: We are booked out of San Juan on Jan 14, 21 and 28... but the Jazz cruise in that link says it's out of Ft Lauderdale Jan 13-20. 

I'll be pretty pissed if this turns out to be the case - that will screw up our entire B2B2B!  Ugh!!  Not sure we're EVER getting back to cruising at this rate!  I called Celebrity after a member on our rollcall posted this charter info, and the rep says "Oh we don't know anything about a charter, the missing cruises are just not on the webpage while we review capacity inventory. WHAT?!? In fact, the ONLY cruise now showing up on their page is the Jan 14 to Jan 21st date... and that is the one that is apparently being chartered for a day earlier, and out of Ft Lauderdale.  What a mess! Grrrrrr....

https://bluenoteatsea.com/

1 hour ago, nunuc2000 said:

Well this might explain why 2 of the 3 legs we have booked are now not showing on their website - it appears that the Celebrity Millennium has been chartered during the first leg of our B2B2B, but the timing doesn't add up: We are booked out of San Juan on Jan 14, 21 and 28... but the Jazz cruise in that link says it's out of Ft Lauderdale Jan 13-20. 

I'll be pretty pissed if this turns out to be the case - that will screw up our entire B2B2B!  Ugh!!  Not sure we're EVER getting back to cruising at this rate!  I called Celebrity after a member on our rollcall posted this charter info, and the rep says "Oh we don't know anything about a charter, the missing cruises are just not on the webpage while we review capacity inventory. WHAT?!? In fact, the ONLY cruise now showing up on their page is the Jan 14 to Jan 21st date... and that is the one that is apparently being chartered for a day earlier, and out of Ft Lauderdale.  What a mess! Grrrrrr....

This happened to us in Jan 2020.  Had the amazing PH suite booked on Summit, the Jazz charter booted us as well, though Covid booted everyone!  Apparently this happens frequently in Jan Feb with those Jazz cruises.  I feel celebrity could do a better job managing this.  End of the world of course not, just saying.

2 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

When is your cruise, 2022 or 2023? The link you provided is for 2023.

Start looking at other plans. Just like Summit is chartered for all of Jan/Feb 2022, that’s likely the case here too. Reservations agents never have any info about potential charters so it’s really not worth calling to find out. Once the cruise is officially canceled they will say it’s charted, but that’s it. 

13 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Start looking at other plans. Just like Summit is chartered for all of Jan/Feb 2022, that’s likely the case here too. Reservations agents never have any info about potential charters so it’s really not worth calling to find out. Once the cruise is officially canceled they will say it’s charted, but that’s it. 

Once the charter's 'down payment' is made (surely there must be a huge deposit involved), why doesn't X cancel all conflicting itineraries immediately, allowing existing pax to make other decisions in a timely way?  In case the charter backs out, I guess by not cancelling they can still fill the ship with the original passengers, but that's a pretty tactless approach to business.  The consequence for the customer is typically a lot worse than an airline double booking a seat.

Edit to add:  If X is going to inconvenience THOUSANDS of customers to cancel their voyages to take a charter, they should also take on the risk of a charter backing out of a deal and handle the cancellations properly and quickly.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Our cruise is for 2023

Darn, I was hoping that you had perhaps misread the dates.

We've had a similar experience, where the first leg of a b2b was lost to a charter, but we were able to rebook it as a second leg. So rather than A then B, we cruised B then A. Because we were notified in sufficient time, when we rebooked we were able to retain our cabin and change our flights and hotel bookings. I don't know if that's even a possibility in your case, but it might be worth looking into.

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Darn, I was hoping that you had perhaps misread the dates.

We've had a similar experience, where the first leg of a b2b was lost to a charter, but we were able to rebook it as a second leg. So rather than A then B, we cruised B then A. Because we were notified in sufficient time, when we rebooked we were able to retain our cabin and change our flights and hotel bookings. I don't know if that's even a possibility in your case, but it might be worth looking into.

Doubtful we can make any of it work the way you've proposed it... doing a little more digging, it appears that the Millie is booked for several charters all back to back to back for January of 2023... which would explain why almost all of the itineraries are missing on the X website - I actually think they just overlooked removing the Jan 14th leg, because there are chartered jazz cruises booked from about Jan 8th right through to the end of January.  It was suggested by someone else that Celebrity *might* swap out the Summit (shown with a Florida embarkation port for that timeframe) for the Millie on the existing itineraries out of San Juan, and move the Millie up to Florida to accommodate the charters. If that's the case, and I'm really hoping it is, it should be a simple matter of transferring our existing bookings over from Millie to Summit, and we'd be able to keep the same room and everything. 

But I'd like to know that sooner rather than later - we've got a few friends who were planning to join us too, and this is making it very uncertain for all of us. 

1 minute ago, nunuc2000 said:

Doubtful we can make any of it work the way you've proposed it... doing a little more digging, it appears that the Millie is booked for several charters all back to back to back for January of 2023... which would explain why almost all of the itineraries are missing on the X website - I actually think they just overlooked removing the Jan 14th leg, because there are chartered jazz cruises booked from about Jan 8th right through to the end of January.  It was suggested by someone else that Celebrity *might* swap out the Summit (shown with a Florida embarkation port for that timeframe) for the Millie on the existing itineraries out of San Juan, and move the Millie up to Florida to accommodate the charters. If that's the case, and I'm really hoping it is, it should be a simple matter of transferring our existing bookings over from Millie to Summit, and we'd be able to keep the same room and everything. 

But I'd like to know that sooner rather than later - we've got a few friends who were planning to join us too, and this is making it very uncertain for all of us. 

Yikes, what a mess. While I understand why Celebrity and other lines love charters, it certainly does make life difficult for regular passengers. Good luck with your planning.

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yikes, what a mess. While I understand why Celebrity and other lines love charters, it certainly does make life difficult for regular passengers. Good luck with your planning.

Ya, it's definitely a mess... thanks for the luck, gonna need it!! LOL!!

• Like 1