EZair charging a $635 change fee - something new?

compozer

Compozer, don't they close at 5pm? 

I have rt SFO to Fort Lauderdale for $250. Only problem is I get into Charlotte at 8am & continue on at 11:30. For a potential $635 change fee I'll have a leisure breakfast, window shop, maybe do a 5k per mapmyrun. NOT paying a $635 change fee to shorten an overlay from 3.5 hr to 2 hrs. 

Thanks for the heads up

Edited by Ombud

4 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

This is a big reason why I book my own flights.  

We once booked flights on Virgin Atlantic from Sacramento to London.  Every site I checked wanted over $5,000 per person for the round trip flights. EZ Air got me the exact same flights for a hair over $500 per person. To me, that's a great reason to book through EZ Air.

Edit: I also like that I don't have to deal with cancelling the flights we booked to Australia. Princess is cancelling the cruises so the EZ Air flights are automagically cancelled. No hassles and no cancellation fees.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, compozer said:

November 9th.   46 days from today so I should have been able to make changes today.   Or that is what they advertise.   I searched and there is nothing mentioned that there is a penalty between final payment and 45 days.

I hope it gets corrected. Please keep us updated. I'd really like to know what they do about this.

• Like 1

If 11/9 is the date of your first flight, today is actually 45 days prior, maybe that is why the system is charging you the penalty.

This is what the website says: No charge penalty until 45 days prior to departure for Flexible fares only.

Edited by Love2cruise77
  • Like 1

My mistake, the cruise is Nov. 10th.     My personalizer says 46 day to go.    But all of their info says you can change up to 45 days so, even if today was 45 days, that is within the timeframe. 

The 45 days is prior to the cruise departure.

8 hours ago, compozer said:

My mistake, the cruise is Nov. 10th.     My personalizer says 46 day to go.    But all of their info says you can change up to 45 days so, even if today was 45 days, that is within the timeframe. 

I had both my flights changed after 45 days by calling them. No extra charge. Be nice. The person I was talking with didn't seem willing to be so helpful until I heard a dog bark in the background and I started a conversation about the trials and tribulations of working from home. I would never stay on hold that long. Something went wrong. I know I have problems working from home getting my calls routed to me and I'm sure they do too. 

9 hours ago, compozer said:

Is it 45 days prior to flight departure (by EZ air)?

Or

Is it 45 days prior to cruise departure (which could be several days later)?

Edited by pms4104

12 hours ago, 1965 said:

For our Nov.  trans Atlantic cruise out of Southampton I booked our flights thru ezair. We fly nonstop Dallas to London Heathrow, then nonstop Ft. Lauderdale to Dallas, for $286 pp. I check daily. The flights have since gone up. I think when I first booked the flights they were $501 pp. 

Is that the Nov 5th Sky TA. If so are you interest in the Meet and Greet, Slot Pull, Gift Exchange or LCR games.?

I had my flight changed by the airline ( lost my non-stop😭) The new flight they gave me was unacceptable so I called EZair. They changed me to the flight of my choice and no fees of any kind. I was well within the 45 days for the flight but they said they go by the cruise date.

I would refuse to pay that fee. Would it be cheaper to cancel it and book another flight?

29 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Is that the Nov 5th Sky TA. If so are you interest in the Meet and Greet, Slot Pull, Gift Exchange or LCR games.?

Thanks but I am not on the Sky.

20 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

I had my flight changed by the airline ( lost my non-stop😭) The new flight they gave me was unacceptable so I called EZair. They changed me to the flight of my choice and no fees of any kind. I was well within the 45 days for the flight but they said they go by the cruise date.

I would refuse to pay that fee. Would it be cheaper to cancel it and book another flight?

I also did try to cancel it and a popup screen came up saying I would have to pay the penalty.   

They also are charging me the fee for just changing the flight time.    

As I have said, my cruise personalizer said I was 46 days out so I was within the timeframe,   and my TA agreed that I should be able to do it.   I did screen shots showing the 46 days out.

cjpj,   I was very nice and I have used your technique to warm them up many times.

1 minute ago, compozer said:

Thanks but I am not on the Sky.

I also did try to cancel it and a popup screen came up saying I would have to pay the penalty.   

They also are charging me the fee for just changing the flight time.    

As I have said, my cruise personalizer said I was 46 days out so I was within the timeframe,   and my TA agreed that I should be able to do it.   I did screen shots showing the 46 days out.

cjpj,   I was very nice and I have used your technique to warm them up many times.

If you can find an outside flight at a reasonable price would it be cheaper to just abandon the EZair flight instead of cancelling? Just an idea!

22 minutes ago, compozer said:

Then I am out $1800 for our 2 first class tickets

Wow! I misunderstood. I thought it was 900 with the change fee which would make the fare around 280 or so. Mine is 363 from Orlando to Heathrow but that is economy.

When I changed a flight on Celebrity air last June it was a 200.00 change fee which they waived for us because we have medical issues that make it difficult to do anything early mornings as the airline had scheduled us.

On 9/25/2021 at 10:46 AM, compozer said:

I am within the time I am suppose to be able to make changes without a fee.    When I originally made the reservation,  I thought we would want to stay a couple days after the cruise but now we would prefer to come home right away.   Heck, for $947, I can probably book 2 nights at 5 star hotel.

Delta has made three different time changes to our flights since I booked and I called them a week ago to change the flights - they have that no fee change.  But they told me I have to make any changes with Princess.

The only time I booked EZ air, the Princess agent dealt with my changes& cancellation. I did not go to the airline myself 

If you have flexible air then you should not have a penalty fee within the time limit 

Your TA should call Princess, not the airline IMO 

since it is Sunday you should call Princess yourself before you pass the 45 days and ask for a Supervisor. 

Edited by dog

As of a couple weeks ago, Princess is no longer open on Sundays.   That is one reason I took all the screen shots - to prove I  called yesterday and was on hold for hours.   They also close at 5pm now,   it use to be 7pm.    They let a lot of their staff go months ago and that is one reason the holds times are so long.

My TA does not deal with air.   But as I said, she said she will call for me on Monday.

1 hour ago, compozer said:

I may be wrong.   Princess lists sales open 8 - 5 on Sundays but general support is not open and I think that is who I would need to talk with.

If it was me I’d call and speak to anyone they often record it for a record you contacted today. I’d try chat feature they have on website and EZ air enroute number that is on website. Keep a record of all attempts to contact them today. 

comment about tA not dealing with flights? I’d get rid of them

16 hours ago, compozer said:

My interpretation is you can change outside of 45 days, and the penalty starts on day 45 prior to your flight.

Here's what they say about canceling:

• A cancellation fee up to the full cost of the ticket applies if the air is canceled 45 days or less from the first flight or sailing date.

If your flights are not ticketed, there is a chance that they can make the change without the penalty.  Hopefully you will find a nice rep to help you on Monday.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Love2cruise77 said:

My interpretation is you can change outside of 45 days, and the penalty starts on day 45 prior to your flight.

Here's what they say about canceling:

• A cancellation fee up to the full cost of the ticket applies if the air is canceled 45 days or less from the first flight or sailing date.

If your flights are not ticketed, there is a chance that they can make the change without the penalty.  Hopefully you will find a nice rep to help you on Monday.

On Princess website EZ air link: 

It says cancel EZ air flexible flights up to 45 days without a fee.

Where did you see “ 45 days or less”?