Royal abandons Back 2 Back cruisers on Wonder of the Seas

Wilde_37

26 minutes ago, little britain said:

Perhaps the OP could use the time to fly ✈️ home 🏠 and do the laundry 🧺 then fly back again to avoid the hotel 🏨 

costs…?!🤷‍♀️

He is being abandoned for FOUR DAYS. He could swim home, earn a Ph.D., and swim back in time for sail away. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, pcur said:

I'd ask the problem to be escalated and see if you can't just stay on the ship in your cabin for the 4 days.  I've been on an inaugural sailing (the Allure), and there's all types of passengers.  B2B passengers are usually a small group.  

Run this one up the management chain and see what you can get.

They wouldn't even let me leave my SUITCASE on board when I arrived in San Pedro on the Mariner on February 19, 2009 and they had invited me on a "re-inaugural" cruise for February 20, 2009.  😮

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

They wouldn't even let me leave my SUITCASE on board when I arrived in San Pedro on the Mariner on February 19, 2009 and they had invited me on a "re-inaugural" cruise for February 20, 2009.  😮

That's just plain weird.

Being “abandoned” in Barcelona sounds like a bonus not a problem to me!  I realize the extra hotel costs weren’t what you were expecting OP, but you can definitely do better than €700 for 4 nights, especially if you’re willing to consider alternative budget accommodations like budget hotels, pensions or private rooms in hostels.

Edited by xqueenfrostine
  • Like 1

We are hopefully doing a b2b end of May two 7 nt cruises on Wonder! Because of lack of flights near to departure I’ve decided to book 4nights in Barca, although we have stayed in this lovely place many times I’m happy to stay 4nts pre cruise just adds to the trip😊

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Lost in this whole discussion is that the OP gets to sail the TA on a brand new ship at 10 year old ship prices.  I’d love to be on that Wonder TA. 

Exactly. Those of us who got the rooms we wanted (should be everyone except select suite guests) should count our blessings that they are honoring the Allure prices. My room on Wonder would cost 36% more than I paid if I booked today. And the ship has more offerings. I’ll take the win. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 1:47 PM, Wilde_37 said:

The original plan was to do the transatlantic on Allure on April 24th to May 8th 2022 and stay onboard for a 7 night cruise around the Med.  Now the Wonder of the Seas is replacing Allure and heading across on April 20th and arriving in Barcelona on May 4th instead.  The next cruise is still going on May 8th.  So the ship is going ot sit in port for 4 nights between 4th and 8th. doing nothing!  I contacted my travel agent and he said that Royal are ignoring their back 2 back cruisers.  We have to disembark in Barcelona and book into a hotel for 4 nights at our own expense.  That is disappointing as I don't think I want to fork out another €700 for hotel and meals etc while waiting for the next cruise.  Royal are offering nothing!  Time to cancel the second cruise!

Ooofff, these first world problems... By the way, nice clickbait title. 

• Like 1