Contact Tracing Traclets Coming Soon to a Cruise Near You

CruiserRob

9 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Perhaps because you are being tracked around the ship like Person of Interest or George Orwells 1984.

Kind of like the way my IPhone tracks me and how Facebook tracks people and the way Alexa listens to us.  I can go on and on….

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

Kind of like the way my IPhone tracks me and how Facebook tracks people and the way Alexa listens to us.  I can go on and on….

Leave the phone at home.  Don't log into Facebook and don't use Alexa.  These items may track a person but need a warrant to actually use the information. 

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I wore mine on my belt loop. No one questioned it.

THANK YOU!!!  I absolutely HATE to wear anything on my wrist.  It's a "thing" I have.  Honestly, anything on my wrists make me feel like I have handcuffs on (I think........I've never had handcuffs on....but, it's the closest explanation I can give).

I wear my lanyard all the time, and I hope this will be acceptable.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Leave the phone at home.  Don't log into Facebook and don't use Alexa.  These items may track a person but need a warrant to actually use the information. 

They only need warrant to LEGALLY use the information.  Do you really think any person or group with criminal intent are going to get a warrant when they want to steal your personal information? 👀

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

They only need warrant to LEGALLY use the information.  Do you really think any person or group with criminal intent are going to get a warrant when they want to steal your personal information? 👀

I don't think we are thinking about the same people/group.

I don't care if Royal Caribbean knows where I go or what I do while I'm on their ship.  They know most of that anyways. To draw Orwellian comparisons is nonsense.  Every smartphone gathers way more information, which is disseminated and sold on to all kinds of other people with far more nefarious intent than Royal Caribbean.

If you are concerned about tracing on ship, to be consistent, smash your iPhone and get yourself a old Nokia flip phone.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I don't care if Royal Caribbean knows where I go or what I do while I'm on their ship.  They know most of that anyways. To draw Orwellian comparisons is nonsense.  Every smartphone gathers way more information, which is disseminated and sold on to all kinds of other people with far more nefarious intent than Royal Caribbean.

If you are concerned about tracing on ship, to be consistent, smash your iPhone and get yourself a old Nokia flip phone.

The problem I have with tracing on the ships is I don't know what the parameters are for being quarantined.  What starts the contact tracing?  A person with a positive rapid test?  Is it followed up with a PCR test to be sure.  How close, how long would exposure to that person be needed?  If you are vaccinated and exposed to a person with covid the CDC does not require you to quarantine or test unless you have symptoms.  Is that what is done on the ships?  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Your phone already does most of this, and you use it not only willingly, but enthusiastically.

And if your phone is not doing it Google, Facebook and any number of internet companies and networks are. Everytime you click on something it gets tracked and your ip addressed is recorded. Welcome to the on line universe

On 10/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, ryano said:

My phone does not have the capability of ruining my vacation over the possibility that I might have been to close to someone who might have COVID.   

Exactly.  The people comparing tracelets on a ship to cell phones are making a pointless, irrelevant comparison.  Tracelets have ONE purpose - to control covid yes, but to do so by tracking down and isolating people (and screw up their vacation).

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1