Contact Tracing Traclets Coming Soon to a Cruise Near You

CruiserRob

Many bad things happen with a little idea it is a tip of the ice berg. How about a chip in your hand so you can be traced , your medical info and other medical compliance info can be accessed and can be used to purchase anywhere like on a cruise?  Sound great? Careful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

have you read the crystal board where nearby guests were tested neg and still had to quarantine over night in bermuda.  i hate that just because (insert the police song here) someone stands too close to me that my trip could be interrupted like this.  ihope i can get my cruise in before they start this. 

8 hours ago, Floater4life said:

Many bad things happen with a little idea it is a tip of the ice berg. How about a chip in your hand so you can be traced , your medical info and other medical compliance info can be accessed and can be used to purchase anywhere like on a cruise?  Sound great? Careful.

Your phone already does most of this, and you use it not only willingly, but enthusiastically.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The article isn't nearly as definitive as the headline.

"COVID protocols are 'going to be with us for some time, in some form.’"

Sure. Protocols that were introduced for covid that help outside of covid, especially ones that help save money, will be the ones that stay.

We had them on Ovation in August and it’s a fairly new, high tech ship. They were easy to remove for showers or sleeping. We turned them in when we debarked. 

Why are people so annoyed by them? It reminded me of the Wow bands, which I loved on Anthem. 
Personally, I think any cruise protocols that help protect passengers and get cruising going again are good. And, I’m supporting what Royal is doing.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, sixbirches said:

We had them on Ovation in August and it’s a fairly new, high tech ship. They were easy to remove for showers or sleeping. We turned them in when we debarked. 

Why are people so annoyed by them? It reminded me of the Wow bands, which I loved on Anthem. 
Personally, I think any cruise protocols that help protect passengers and get cruising going again are good. And, I’m supporting what Royal is doing.

Perhaps because you are being tracked around the ship like Person of Interest or George Orwells 1984.

• Haha 2

i think if they want people to like this they should put out news that we traced xyz people and prevented and outbreak or something. ive been to lots of crowded venues in the past year and none of them  had potential to ruin my day by someone ELSE simply being close to me and a cruise is a bigger investment than all those events combined. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sixbirches said:

I am not annoyed by them at all.  I am allergic to the material most of those bands are made of and end up with hives.  As long as I can put in on a lanyard or a belt loop, then it is not an issue.

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I wore mine on my belt loop. No one questioned it.

So there was this one time, I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied a Tracelet to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

So there was this one time, I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied a Tracelet to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I?

Springfield

12 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

have you read the crystal board where nearby guests were tested neg and still had to quarantine over night in bermuda.  i hate that just because (insert the police song here) someone stands too close to me that my trip could be interrupted like this.  ihope i can get my cruise in before they start this. 

Yep my thoughts exactly.  I see a lot of peoples vacations being interrupted or ruined over this because you MIGHT have been close to someone who MIGHT have the virus.       I was ok with the vaccination requirement.  i was ok with pre cruise testing even though i stressed myself tremendously over a potential positive or false positive.  It was ALL worth it to cruise on a 40% capacity cruise.   Im mostly likely out on tracelets though.    The cellphone comparison is kinda apples to footballs IMO.  My phone does not have the capability of ruining my vacation over the possibility that I might have been to close to someone who might have COVID.   

Edited by ryano
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, tomjohnsonjr said:

I guess you can just wait until you start to feel sick, at that point in time stop your fun and hope no one else gets sick. 

Not sure who you are responding to.   There were no tracelets on Ovation.  We were told if we got to feeling sick to stay in our cabin and call the medical staff.    That was exactly the plan in place.   Ovation continues a green status as does most of RC ships.  The current protocols seem to be working just fine.    Today is 14 days post cruise and flight for me.  If I get COVID now, it certainly was not from my cruise or my flights.  

Edited by ryano

17 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Time will tell.  

Maybe but new variants can be created onboard cruise ships with mixing of people from around the world. So masks et al will be around forever to stop it. A new variant especially one that could evade vaccines breaking out on a cruise ship will trigger a new global pandemic which would finish the lines and they know it.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1