Blue Wristband ?

m8zenblue

We were on the Edge in July.

They made all vaccinated people wear these annoying blue wristbands that you were not supposed to remove, even though some did.

We will be on the Constellation in November, are the blue wristbands still be required, for anybody ?

I assume you're talking about the fabric wristbands?  I've seen no discussion of those in some time.  I think Celebrity dropped those PDQ after all the issues with them.

We had tracelets on Summit in July/August, and I haven't even seen much discussion about those.  It didn't bother me in the least to deal with it, though, so I'll gladly (sort of) wear another if they hand it to me when I board her again soon.

7 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

They made all vaccinated people wear these annoying blue wristbands that you were not supposed to remove, even though some did.

We will be on the Constellation in November, are the blue wristbands still be required, for anybody ?

Interesting. We were also on the Edge in July.

No masks and no wristbands required.

We are sailing on the Silhouette in November and don’t anticipate being required to wear those.

38 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

We were on Equinox in early September and NO tracelets. My wife in on Millenium now and also NO tracelets. They may be done with...

I think the whole wristband thing is being worked out.  But there was something about RCC signed a deal with a tracelet company I saw.  I think those will be eventually what will be used.  Who knows when that will be rolled out. This whole thing is evolving every day at this point.  Like people mentioned what is required today might change tomorrow 

21 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I think the whole wristband thing is being worked out.  But there was something about RCC signed a deal with a tracelet company I saw.  I think those will be eventually what will be used.  Who knows when that will be rolled out. This whole thing is evolving every day at this point.  Like people mentioned what is required today might change tomorrow 

Definitely evolving.  I posted this yesterday. I don’t think we can assume Celebrity is done with tracelets. 

2 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Not sure but was on Equinox recently and no blue wristbands or traacelets

Blue wrist bands were used for Non vaccinated guests on Equinox in August.    We wore them with pride,  (sarcasm)  as we were probably among only a few adults not vaccinated.    But now everyone is required to be vaccinated.    The handful of covid cases reported by the captain on the ship during the week were among vaccinated guests and crew.     

Edited by ptcflyer

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Definitely evolving.  I posted this yesterday. I don’t think we can assume Celebrity is done with tracelets. 

I agree with @Turtles06.  Just left the Millennium today after two weeks onboard.  No tracelets on either sailing, but wouldn’t be surprised if they return on some sailings.

We had the blue tracelets with the big white egg looking top on the August 27 sailing of the Equinox.  It was fine to wear them, I didn't care and it became "normal" fast for me.  My only concern was that I got caught as a close contact, which would be fine if I felt I actually had risk, but from the information we found out later, I was a close contact at the martini bar and the people had to be far enough over on my right that my husband, who was beside the whole time (on my left) and was not caught as a close contact.  I also wore the tracelet on my right arm, so I may have been just within that 6 feet.  I was at the end of the higher bar, and it would have been someone almost the full 6 feet over to my right.  I had my back turned that way the entire time we were there (as I was facing my husband and people on the other side of him) and did not talk to or interact at all with anyone in that direction.  Again, it is fine, and we were treated well by Celebrity and the 24 hour quarantine went fast, and all my tests were negative (3 PCR tests during that period, 1 right away, 1 24 hours later and 1 a couple days later that wasn't originally planned but they called and said the protocol had changed.  I also had a negative PCR test the second last day of the cruise, which we needed to fly home to Canada), but I was hoping with facial recognition instead they may have some ability to tell if someone was really at risk or not.  In this situation, I don't think I was at risk, and I definitely was not more at risk than my husband.  In a way, the 6 feet for 15 minute basis of the tracelets is a bit arbitrary depending on the situation.

While onboard Equinox on the 9/5 sailing I was involved in a discussion with the Captain regarding tracelets.   He said that they weren't using them anymore because upon analyzing video it appeared they were identifying people much further than 6 feet.  He wouldn't comment on specifically how they were doing close contacts but video was certainly part of it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

While onboard Equinox on the 9/5 sailing I was involved in a discussion with the Captain regarding tracelets.   He said that they weren't using them anymore because upon analyzing video it appeared they were identifying people much further than 6 feet.  He wouldn't comment on specifically how they were doing close contacts but video was certainly part of it.

Without video, the situation really can become very arbitrary, as @AlbertaCruiserspoints out.  You could be on the other side of a glass wall (pick your partition material not made of solid metal) and those little RF waves don't care what's in between you, you're tagged.

Now the question is whether they were manufactured by the same outfit with which RCCL just a two year contract, and if so, whether there's been any discussion about improving the performance of the devices.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Maybe they are just making sure they have a supply in case they eventually open cruising up to unvaxxed.

?  If you get tagged for a contact trace, it won't matter if you're vaccinated or not ... you're tagged and will have to deal with the consequences.  And if X wasn't happy about the performance ... same questions remain.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

?  If you get tagged for a contact trace, it won't matter if you're vaccinated or not ... you're tagged and will have to deal with the consequences.  And if X wasn't happy about the performance ... same questions remain.

I was thinking they could change those protocols, perhaps apply restrictions after a close contact to unvaxxed only.  They might want to make IDing unvaxxed easier than video & face recog alone. Or make unvaxxed more visible on video. Who knows?  They certainly aren't going to let us know!

July on Equinox, we all were issued a blue tracelet. In theory it's a good idea. It bothered my writs, so I cut the straps off and hung the tracelet on my lanyard (which i always wear, except in the pool). Worked out just fine. Would also work if you stuck it in your pocket.

Personally, I also wish they would issue these to every kid under 18, so they could be located on the ship whenever necessary.

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

Personally, I also wish they would issue these to every kid under 18, so they could be located on the ship whenever necessary.

That's wouldn't work. They do not detect or record location. They detect and record which other such devices are within a certain proximity for a certain amount of time. 

28 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

That's wouldn't work. They do not detect or record location. They detect and record which other such devices are within a certain proximity for a certain amount of time. 

hmmmm too bad. I still think every child should have a gps device until the age of 18. But that's not a "cruise -related" issue.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, canderson said:

Agree..... we know some people that were contact traced even though  they were wearing masks and it didn't matter.

21 hours ago, mayleeman said:

I was thinking they could change those protocols, perhaps apply restrictions after a close contact to unvaxxed only.  They might want to make IDing unvaxxed easier than video & face recog alone. Or make unvaxxed more visible on video. Who knows?  They certainly aren't going to let us know!

Good idea but currently in the U.S.  all pax are vaxed except  children under 12,at least in the Caribbean.   Maybe the UnVaxed should have to wear a Scarlet UV on their pocket. 

I'm not sure if they are allowing Unvaxed on European cruises.   Maybe our European friends can let us know.