Live from Symphony - Oct 2, 2021

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

AA is not even a thought any more. Vary unreliable right now and remember the pic in the other thread of how dirty it was under the seat?  We like Delta too.  

You and me both.... Been screwed over by AA every single time (last minute gate changes b/c of last minute equipment changes b/c of inoperable aircraft resulting in loss of paid seating assignment, late flights, cancelled flights, etc.), will NEVER fly with them again.  

(Newsflash: if EVERY flight has a last-minute plane change because of a maintenance issue.... maybe you need to improve your maintenance schedule!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@brillohead 😆 I’m starting off with a CC glitch. Quoting not working yet.

I am beginning to think 1 day early early is a risk taker.  If we would of been sailing Harmony again we would of been 4 or 5 days early enjoying Disney.   The next booked cruise so far is Hawaii.  Before this we have been considering getting there a few days early and enjoying.  That is no brainer now.  We may even direct flight to California a day or two early then fly to Hawaii.  One more good thing coming from this, extending the next venture.

Which Hawaii cruise did you book?

Hard to believe but two days ago we were having..... 

20211008_095559.thumb.jpg.aa3adba5c0e7828164f464b779405c36.jpg

We had a great view from the room. Notice the balcony doors open.  They clean the Balconies while we play on the island.

20211008_095407.thumb.jpg.0f6d0a9720004f5fef7fcd32d65485cd.jpg

20211008_095425.thumb.jpg.ca1a2de7de38977de29110b30ede656a.jpg

20211008_095534.thumb.jpg.ec8546c2a071c79486b3ef0152d741d3.jpg

20211008_095545.thumb.jpg.a780caebf3dd170e80cf5f3efc48c9c7.jpg

20211008_095610.thumb.jpg.e6423a3c2aa358af45826febfcdfc7f2.jpg

There were a few that got of when we did.

20211008_104321.thumb.jpg.758f1b068235ce0311cba2826c29278e.jpg

20211008_104356.thumb.jpg.d4b82db802ab478f8cc21088c552a0bd.jpg

20211008_104447.thumb.jpg.a17f66df4044746b66fd838d8ce90c3b.jpg

• Like 5

We talked to Sharon’s brother last night.  He recommended a Cuban restaurant named Versailles. He would now.  He travels all over.  He has a YouTube channel he post his travel thewrightsights .  Not sure what we will do.  Sharon just woke up a few minutes ago. We enjoyed sleeping in.

• Like 2

I called my friend that had his Arizona flight canceled.  They said he had to fly out Tuesday for Arkansas .  They gave no comps for putting him through this and told him they were not authorized to help him out with a hotel at this time. Thankfully someone who was able to find a rental and is traveling to Nashville offered to take him to Arkansas.  They are on the road.

• Like 3

Just read someone's post on FB that their flight was cancelled and she had read that even though Southwest was blaming weather and air traffic control issues it was actually due to over 300 pilots called in sick due to the vaccine mandate that they don't agree with. I am trying to confirm is this is fact or rumor.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just read someone's post on FB that their flight was cancelled and she had read that even though Southwest was blaming weather and air traffic control issues it was actually due to over 300 pilots called in sick due to the vaccine mandate that they don't agree with. I am trying to confirm is this is fact or rumor.

I also read a news article about this last night, not just pilots but various crew members supposedly called out sick for this reason.  

There was a protest in front of AA headquarters friday and saturday for the same reason.

Our neighbor at lbi house works for UA out if newark and he was discussing this morning at breakfast.  UA has required all employees to be vaccinated since mid September.  They were making exceptions on a case by case basis and those people have to test twice a week at their own expense, if not able to get free test.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow I wonder how long this will go on? I'm booked for Southwest November 5th to San Juan? It's not like I can drive to San Juan. I may need to have some backup plans.

Can you fly out even earlier than planned, or is the retirement party "in your way"?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I noticed the same earlier and my daughter noticed the same on the Disney boards/FB.  I noticed that last night and knew others would eventually catch us up on it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Can you fly out even earlier than planned, or is the retirement party "in your way"?

We are actually flying to San Juan two days before the sailing so we have some wiggle room. Decided to do the retirement party after we get back. We felt to stay safe from covid even though vaccinated, better to not have a party with over 100 people in close proximity.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow I wonder how long this will go on? I'm booked for Southwest November 5th to San Juan? It's not like I can drive to San Juan. I may need to have some backup plans.

Since you are retiring, think about taking your time driving to Port.  If I decide to cruise before Hawaii I may go Galveston.  It's about a 10 hour straight drive. Drive 8 hours hotel and 2 hours to port. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Since you are retiring, think about taking your time driving to Port.

We probably will for our next cruise out of Miami next Sept. and will for sure drive to Galveston for our Oct. cruise.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

Since you cant make reservations for shows  ahead of time . Where do you go once you are on the ship .

We booked up at the suite lounge but when you board on deck 5 there are kiosk for booking shows and food.  Book your restaurants right away.  They fill up quickly.  Also where the wrecked Volkswagen Bug is at is where you can do the muster drill.  Take no longer than 5 minutes.  We didn't have to watch the video.  Happy sailing.