Live from Symphony - Oct 2, 2021

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wonder how many Cruisers coming into FL this impacted.   Hope they dont miss their cruise

It has affected many.  They have been dealing with cancellations for a couple days and, yes unfortunately some have missed the cruise and had to try and find ways back home again.  Feel so bad for all involved 😢

Edited by suebcoop
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We were feeling better once we made it to the hotel.  While checking in the clerk mentioned that we were going to stay in a newly renovated room.  That sounds nice until she mentioned it may get noisy between 9am to 6pm while they are renovating around us... 😂

You would have been better off booking a second week on the ship.😯

• Like 6

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your flight is cancelled.

Would it be a long drive?

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

It’s about a 16 1/2 hour trip without stopping.  The car rental cost a little more per day then the hotel room.  We decided a day of relaxing would work.  We need to be at the airport around 4am Monday morning.  It will be challenging if we have another day like this one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well that really stinks. I'm sorry. I take it you have good travel insurance that can pay for added cost? I am worried that this might happen to us flying to San Juan.

Over the last almost 20 months I have learned that anything can happen.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I'm glad this airline fiasco is at the end of your cruise and not the beginning.

Oh my yes.  Our friends had to deal with it but in the end it worked out.  So sad for the ones that are missing out.

• Like 2

We are considering writing ✍️ a book.  The Day We Tried to Leave Miami.  We are laughing hard right now.  
So they give us this new renovated room.  We try to use the microwave. It runs a bit and stops. Error 1.  😂 The challenge just won’t stop. 😂 so we decided to the microwave at the check-in desk.  While down there the the front deck guy felt bad and gave us a complementary ice cream bar.   😂 Took a bite, 😂 looked at the wrapper and found out it expired last month.  😂 Then Sharon said 😆 The toothbrush battery died 😝 Then after getting the laughs under control Sharon says she is going to sleep.  😆 About that timesome drunk happy girls start laughing hard outside are door.  😂 Before submitting this I thought, I better copy this before hitting submit just in case there is a CC glitch. 😂 I hit copy and something else and this whole text disappeared!  😝 What a Stinkin day!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

It may have been a stinking day, but you certainly have kept a positive attitude throughout it. I’m glad you were able to get a room, and I hope these flight delays I’ve been hearing about both from you and on our local (Central FL) news get resolved so you’ll be able to make it home safely.

Earlier in this thread, I think I remember you wishing you had more time in Miami. You do know that you should always be careful what you wish for - because you might get it! That said, I can’t wait to see what you find to do in Miami with the bonus day you’ve got there!  😎

• Like 4

I'm always amazed at people that fly in the day of the cruise.... I just won't take that chance.  With airlines these days, the risk is just too great.

Glad you've got a good attitude about it all... although the end of your cruise is starting to sound a lot like @Lionesss's "Curse of Brandon" tale from a few years ago! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As stressful as it has been. Your experience documented on this thread is so important for people who have future plans. You have handled it well and will be a lesson to us all on how to deal with adversity.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s about a 16 1/2 hour trip without stopping.  The car rental cost a little more per day then the hotel room.  We decided a day of relaxing would work.  We need to be at the airport around 4am Monday morning.  It will be challenging if we have another day like this one.

Wow.

It is a 6 hour non stop drive to Southampton England for me for a cruise and it is tough even for me as a sales representative driving many daily miles.

I would stop in a hotel and enjoy Miami and hopefully get a flight on Monday.

Good luck John and best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 1

@brillohead 😆 I’m starting off with a CC glitch. Quoting not working yet.

I am beginning to think 1 day early early is a risk taker.  If we would of been sailing Harmony again we would of been 4 or 5 days early enjoying Disney.   The next booked cruise so far is Hawaii.  Before this we have been considering getting there a few days early and enjoying.  That is no brainer now.  We may even direct flight to California a day or two early then fly to Hawaii.  One more good thing coming from this, extending the next venture.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm always amazed at people that fly in the day of the cruise.... I just won't take that chance.  With airlines these days, the risk is just too great.

Glad you've got a good attitude about it all... although the end of your cruise is starting to sound a lot like @Lionesss's "Curse of Brandon" tale from a few years ago! 

I think I posted this earlier, but I'm now only using the airlines that have interlining agreements (preferably Delta), unless I'm OK with a flight being cancelled without a good backup option.  Too many stories about SW, Allegiant, Frontier leaving people stranded.  Delta Basic is often about as cheap as the low cost airlines.  It doesn't include baggage but I still get free baggage with my Delta status.  Doesn't help that my bags fly free if I'm not flying with them. 

• Like 5

Wow.

It is a 6 hour non stop drive to Southampton England for me for a cruise and it is tough even for me as a sales representative driving many daily miles.

I would stop in a hotel and enjoy Miami and hopefully get a flight on Monday.

Good luck John and best wishes.

Graham.

I am a retired auditor so I spent much time driving.  Got tired of driving so Sharon started driving on the off days.  She now enjoys being the main driver.  We have driven  straight to Florida before but those days are over.

We are in the same hotel we were in at the beginning of this trip.  I had a great sleep.  Sharon is still sleeping.  Looking forward to a restful day today.

• Like 7

I always take double my normal heart medication on holiday in case of any delays.

I hope you get home on Monday.

Graham.

I brought the bottle of Lovastatin, so good there.  It’s the other meds and vitamins.  All will be fine. 😊 We are telling our age with medicine talk 😆 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

As stressful as it has been. Your experience documented on this thread is so important for people who have future plans. You have handled it well and will be a lesson to us all on how to deal with adversity.

Yeah... strongly consider staying home.😯😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I posted this earlier, but I'm now only using the airlines that have interlining agreements (preferably Delta), unless I'm OK with a flight being cancelled without a good backup option.  Too many stories about SW, Allegiant, Frontier leaving people stranded.  Delta Basic is often about as cheap as the low cost airlines.  It doesn't include baggage but I still get free baggage with my Delta status.  Doesn't help that my bags fly free if I'm not flying with them. 

This is our first poor experience with SW.  Back in the day they took much better care off problems.  Hopefully this is hard times for them. We looked at other options.  AA is not even a thought any more. Vary unreliable right now and remember the pic in the other thread of how dirty it was under the seat?  We like Delta too.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yeah... strongly consider staying home.😯😉

Problems like this and all the hassles is why we waited until now.  I didn’t want to go through the cancel trouble like we all did at the beginning.  It is why we are still hesitant to travel overseas.  It was a little harder pulling the trigger on the Hawaiian cruise just because Hawaii is usually stricter than other states.  I feel it’s far enough out but as we know, things change.  No need to be concerned about that now,  we have the present to enjoy.

• Like 5