Live from Symphony - Oct 2, 2021

31 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Are flight is canceled.  Yes, SW.  The same ones that canceled or friends flight last week.  It doesn't look like as another to LR until Monday as of now.  Switching to Delta is over $1,000. No luggage charge because they flew off with are bags! 

So sorry to hear this.  Are you switching to Delta, then, to get home today?  Horrible way to end your week.  Good luck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are still trying to figure it out. Looks like nothing available tonight on anything.  Considering driving. 

Sorry to hear your flight is cancelled.

Would it be a long drive?

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Are flight is canceled.  Yes, SW.  The same ones that canceled or friends flight last week.  It doesn't look like as another to LR until Monday as of now.  Switching to Delta is over $1,000. No luggage charge because they flew off with are bags! 

Well that really stinks. I'm sorry. I take it you have good travel insurance that can pay for added cost? I am worried that this might happen to us flying to San Juan.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for this review!  We are on Symphony on Nov. 13 and first vacation in two years so this only made us more excited to go!  May I ask how you booked your dining and show reservations?  Did you use the app, go to a restaurant when you boarded or use a concierge?  Thanks for advice on that!

On 10/7/2021 at 2:09 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

First time quoting myself. 😂🤣😅

Has anyone noticed the reflection selfie? 

It’s a marvelous photo. If you hadn’t mentioned that it was a selfie, I wouldn’t have realized you were one of the clouds. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are still trying to figure it out. Looks like nothing available tonight on anything.  Considering driving. 

Wow, just looked at the flight aware site, and it looks like SW canceled 860 flights.  That will take some time to sort all those out.

If the flight was canceled, did they get your bags back to you?  Not the way you want to end your cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Wow, just looked at the flight aware site, and it looks like SW canceled 860 flights.  That will take some time to sort all those out.

If the flight was canceled, did they get your bags back to you?  Not the way you want to end your cruise.

860 Flights cancelled??  Any idea what the reasons are??  Poor Ozark and Mrs. Ozark😔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After Mark mentioned that 860 flights have been cancelled, that might just be your best bet.  Not a fun idea, but it's an idea.  Good luck, and safe travels, Ozark.

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

860 Flights cancelled??  Any idea what the reasons are??  Poor Ozark and Mrs. Ozark😔

No idea.  That happened to us this summer with a SW flight to California.  Had a Friday flight, and couldn’t get a new one till the following Monday.  It wasn’t bad since we were at home, and just flying to get our grandson.

I hope they get their problems worked out before we fly for our cruise in a couple weeks.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Oh no, that stinks after sitting in airport for hours to find that out.  I guess there worse places than miami to be stuck🤪

Will SW comp you a hotel since they cancelled?

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We talked awhile with a security guy.  He said many flights are canceled do to a lack of workers.  If that is so, why offer so many when you can't handle them.  I now they have to offer them in advance but wow.  Seems like offer some and when they are filling up offer more.  When flying to vacation my TA books early flights that also offer later fights in the day in case something happens. 

We booked to arrive a day before cruising.  It will be less stressful to book two days early. The is much to see and do in Miami. 

Huh, the reports I am seeing are about air traffic control issues up in N Florida (35 min from where I grew up! It’s so crazy that issues at somewhere in the middle of the pine forest almost to Georgia can ruin things everywhere) and weather there too...and then the weather they had up there, making cancellations on Friday snowballing into Saturday......can’t prepare for problems in a whole other organization that they don’t know about.....but I bet that the ATC problems caused supposed workers who commute on planes to their next work location to not be there.....

hope everything works out soon!

So hours later things are settling down.  It's been stressful.  After finding out the flight was canceled we were told our bags were sent away.  Awhile later they said they were on the conveyer belt.  Then the app said we were booked for a 5:50 am flight. 

While waiting and knowing we will need a room we decided to book the Hampton again. When we got to the SW desk the guy said they would provide a room for two nights but he said there was so many cancelations they were struggling finding rooms so we may need to wait. When I told him we have booked he told me how happy he was that we were proactive because they were struggling to find rooms. He took a Pic of what we were booked and sent it to the manager. When the manager saw our $550 bill she decided to be generous and gave us $200 flight credit.  What a joke. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

This is a pic of those canceled and waiting in line for SW to fix things.  This is after trying almost an hour at the gate.  The line goes down the middle then turns to the left.  More showed up after the pic. This line was hours long. 20211009_165609.thumb.jpg.bc7eff69cb093f00a65bff8ea0078437.jpg

• Like 1

Folks, even though it's been a tough day I am so thankful for this trip.  I know there are others that have had harder times.  I met one guy that had his 6am flight canceled and it was replaced with the flight we were on. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We were feeling better once we made it to the hotel.  While checking in the clerk mentioned that we were going to stay in a newly renovated room.  That sounds nice until she mentioned it may get noisy between 9am to 6pm while they are renovating around us... 😂

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is a pic of those canceled and waiting in line for SW to fix things.  This is after trying almost an hour at the gate.  The line goes down the middle then turns to the left.  More showed up after the pic. This line was hours long. 20211009_165609.thumb.jpg.bc7eff69cb093f00a65bff8ea0078437.jpg

Wow! :classic_rolleyes: What a mess. And what a rotten way to end your cruise. I am very happy that you have a hotel booked, have your luggage, and can at least make the best of it. Please continue on with your extended stay. We are all interested in what to do should the situation arise for any of us. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thankful to hear you got your luggage and hotel room.  What a mess for so many people.   

Hope you get a nice room to unwind from a stressful day.

We have a full day in Miami..... More pics!  And more time to try to finish the review.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1