Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I actually love the interior much better than the old dark Michael's Club decor. 

Jim, we agree! We are continuing to relive our 3 Sep cruise on the Millennium via your posts.

Edited by cruzzzinma

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They started boarding exactly at 12:00 -    It may have been a little later than last week (11:30) because they had a mandatory test of the electrical systems on the ship and were tripping fuses in the test.  B2B were cautioned to avoid the elevators to assure we didn't get inconvenienced. 

Thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Thanks for the info.

We had a 12:00 boarding time and arrived at about 11:50. They took us into the terminal to check our paperwork and like Jim said it was about 12:10 when they started letting people onboard. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I actually love the interior much better than the old dark Michael's Club decor.   I can understand your feeling and would think you would really love the Edge Retreat which is very much like the Sky Lounge ---- All glass walls over looking helm of the ship.

I definitely thought Michael's Club was a cave.  The new edition is a lot like my dentist's waiting room, though.  Is Edge Retreat the only option for forward viewing from inside?  I'm looking at 2023 spring Apex TA and fjords B2B but probably can't swing a suite solo for both.  Not familiar with E-class deck plans yet.

50 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I definitely thought Michael's Club was a cave.  The new edition is a lot like my dentist's waiting room, though.  Is Edge Retreat the only option for forward viewing from inside?  I'm looking at 2023 spring Apex TA and fjords B2B but probably can't swing a suite solo for both.  Not familiar with E-class deck plans yet.

I believe that the Edge has forward viewing from Eden.  It spirals up and there a nooks to sit in.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Running out of counter space with tea kettle, cups and tea supplies set up.  

Did you request the kettle?
I know that all cruise ex Southampton have one, but am surprised that it is available from a US port.

Jim, first of all I want to thank you for the information and the wonderful photos you post every day. We have reservations for Millennium from 21.02.2022 - 03.03.2022 and Apex from 05.03.2022. I want to ask you, if possible, to ask Guest Relations if it will be possible, before we get off the Millennium, to do an antigen test for the second cruise or not. According to the rules, the test must be 2 days before departure, ie. on 03.03.2022.

As many of you know I try to stay upbeat and try not to be critical but our first night dining experience was problems the 2nd worst experience I have had in 20 years cruising.   

I will chalk it up to first night but will be discussing with the restaurant Manager in hope it improves or we will be going back to Blu. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I will chalk it up to first night but will be discussing with the restaurant Manager in hope it improves or we will be going back to Blu. 

Based upon the nature of your post, I won't ask for specifics, but was it an issue of food, service, or both?

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Based upon the nature of your post, I won't ask for specifics, but was it an issue of food, service, or both?

I’ll just say food was excellent, prepared perfectly and served hot. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I’ll just say food was excellent, prepared perfectly and served hot. 

If Martin is still the Maitre’D, he will take care of you. Daniel and Auin (this is not spelled right - pronounced aye-oon) were excellent waiters in September.