For platinum Latitudes members & up, is there really "concierge service to assist you" with certain reservations?

Turtles06

The Latitudes benefits chart includes the following as a benefit for platinum members and higher:  "Concierge Service to assist you with specialty restaurant, entertainment and shore excursion reservations."   Not that I usually need assistance with these things, but is there a concierge who will actually assist non-Haven/non-suite guests with such things?  If so, is it the same concierge assigned to the Haven/suite guests, or is someone else tasked with this?  And, in either case, how do non-Haven/non-suite guests obtain this person's contact information?

Thanks for any information.

I don't use a concierge even if I do have access, so have never tried, but from my experience on here when this question is asked there are usually about 75% who say they have never had any luck, 20% who say you can use the concierge until they remember that it was actually because they were in a Suite and then one person who claims to have always had use of the concierge due to latitudes with no problem at all.

There is certainly no separate latitudes concierge, so it would be the Haven one.

• Thanks 1

The Haven concierge team are technically the ones who would respond to needs you might have.  As Platinum Plus I have only once taken them up on the access you cite.

I went to Cruise Next desk that time and they gave me the concierge's contact info.  They got me on a shorex that was otherwise "closed."

Specific to Breakaway, the hardest reservation (I was told) was Cagney's!  La Cucina was the easiest.  As soon as getting on, went to muster to be checked off,  to empty box office to book entertainment.

Unfortunately the box office did not give out the usual slip that has all the entertainment for the week.  Knowing entertainment, dining was next.   I called 050 for dining.  You can also book via kiosks or cabin TV and there may be a booking desk.

If you have any issues booking the times you want, you can call the RM Hernan Gonzalez (Breakaway) for help.  Immediate access to more time slots than the reps taking reservations.

Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

In the past while hunting for the concierge, we have actually been told by the CruiseNext manager that they are the concierge for that perk.  It varies ship to ship and crew to crew, but I know that was basically a blow off.  Typically the Haven concierge will begrudgingly assist you if you can get his number, but they really want to spend 100% of their time assisting Haven guests. ($$$$$)  

The reality is if you are not in the Haven, you can usually get the job done quicker and easier yourself than trying to chase the concierge around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old & Retired said:

In the past while hunting for the concierge, we have actually been told by the CruiseNext manager that they are the concierge for that perk.  It varies ship to ship and crew to crew, but I know that was basically a blow off.  Typically the Haven concierge will begrudgingly assist you if you can get his number, but they really want to spend 100% of their time assisting Haven guests. ($$$$$)  

The reality is if you are not in the Haven, you can usually get the job done quicker and easier yourself than trying to chase the concierge around.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It varies from one ship to the next.  Even though NCL’s list of Latitudes perks says that you have access to the Concierge, they aren’t always responsive to those who aren’t traveling in the Haven.  On one occasion I approached a Concierge,  with my key card in hand and “Platinum Plus” clearly visible, and the Concierge literally turned around and walked away.

• Like 1

We asked at Guest Services for a number to call Concierge once and were told no.  I'm always surprised when I read something here that states someone has been able to use concierge for Platinum.

It is rare that we would ask for assistance as we usually can book our specialty reservations ahead of time.  However, they haven't opened reservations for our upcoming cruise so I would love it if some type of concierge assistance is available for that cruise.

On our recent cruise on the Encore (regular balcony cabin) we got a  message on our phone welcoming us aboard and letting us know that the shore excursion staff was also our Latitudes Concierge and to contact them if we needed anything. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gknep said:

On our recent cruise on the Encore (regular balcony cabin) we got a  message on our phone welcoming us aboard and letting us know that the shore excursion staff was also our Latitudes Concierge and to contact them if we needed anything. 

Wow.  Surprised they didn't direct you to the photo studio for your concierge needs......

We are platinum plus members. I think once in our many, many cruises were we ever offered the phone number of a concierge who was not really happy to be getting our call. So, we have never used the perk. 

Kinda like the "priority dining" which we have tried several times and were told "back of the line". 

Edited by BirdTravels

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We are platinum plus members. I think once in our many, many cruises were we ever offered the phone number of a concierge who was not really happy to be getting our call. So, we have never used the perk. 

Kinda like the "priority dining" which we have tried several times and were told "back of the line". 

Thinking about it, it seems a lot of those perks are ones you have to seek out: As another example, the "Behind the Scenes" tour.  I was fascinated by this and couldn't wait to take it.  When I got on the ship, I remember having to ask around about how to sign up (and it was ultimately either at the CruiseNext or Shore Excursions desk, can't recall.)  I'm jaded enough to know that "status" is nothing more than a marketing ploy but was surprised that it was so overt.  Had I only known that I was probably speaking with my concierge when I signed up for the trip I would have also made some dining reservations 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Even in Haven and Plat Plus we've had mostly poor service from concierge.

Completely agree with you. Used the concierge once and he was extremely put off that I asked about making reservations. 
It turned me off from the whole experience and haven’t used the service again. 

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We've never used the "concierge " perk, but occasionally we have been successful in getting the priority dining benefit. I think it it really depends on who's manning the podium at the particular dining room and also how well known you are to them.

We are platinum plus and have traveled in the Haven several times.   I have used the butler in the Haven to help with reservations for dining.  One butler, when she could not get the time we wanted, convinced us to dine in our room.   It was an awesome treat.  She took care of evrything.....seemed so special to get up from the table loaded with dirty dishes and go to a show......and everything was clean when we returned.!!!!  It was a fun night and something we had not done before or since.  I know for lots of people dinner served in the room is not a novelty but for us it was fun.

To tell you the truth, we usually go to the restaurant we want to dine in eithr that night or the next, during the day or very early evening and talk to the hostess and get the times we want.    Doing a face to face and having greeting them often as we walk by during the day or evening certainly seems to help.

As for the conceirge, I have tried to use them on a couple ships, They even had a special area but the times they wre their was very limited and inconvenient or not very helpful.