Rccl cancelled my booking for no reason

I received an email from RCCl claiming I cancelled my 1/31/22 booking and my deposit was converted to a FCC. Immediately called my TA who knew nothing about it. According to TA RCCL doesn't know what happened. Sailing is sold out and the cabin we had is gone. TA has escalated in Rccl but still no resolution. TA offered last balcony guarantee they have in group but we had a cabin we like, near elevator with beds near door. I would also lose Obc from original next cruise booking. Hopefully Ta will get some resolution from RCCL.

1 hour ago, Cruisers425Years said:

I received an email from RCCl claiming I cancelled my 1/31/22 booking and my deposit was converted to a FCC. Immediately called my TA who knew nothing about it. According to TA RCCL doesn't know what happened. Sailing is sold out and the cabin we had is gone. TA has escalated in Rccl but still no resolution. TA offered last balcony guarantee they have in group but we had a cabin we like, near elevator with beds near door. I would also lose Obc from original next cruise booking. Hopefully Ta will get some resolution from RCCL.

that’s awful!   I hope they uncover the reason, and can get your cabin back (or an upgrade for the inconvenience ?).   Hope Royal adds a comment cross referencing your original reservation number and date, so double points will still apply.     What ship was this?

Well, that sucks.

What ship and port out of curiosity?  

23 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Perhaps the cruise was chartered.

Not chartered.  the 11 nights sailings anthem has for month of january have been very popular and all 3 of the sailings have most cabin categories sold out or extremely high prices for suites.

Hopefully the OP gets proper resolution.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Not chartered.  the 11 nights sailings anthem has for month of january have been very popular and all 3 of the sailings have most cabin categories sold out or extremely high prices for suites.

Hopefully the OP gets proper resolution.

Just wondering because something similar happened to me. The cruise was chartered and the original email from Royal went to my junk folder and I never saw it. After the deadline passed they automatically canceled my reservation. Fortunately I was able to rebook another cruise without penalty but it took some arm twisting.

• Like 1

Similar thing happened last week to my brother. He got notification from Royal and the TA that his cruise on Harmony 11/21/21 was cancelled.  Took TA hours on the phone to get it resolved. I haven't heard back from my brother yet what the particulars were.

2 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

Did they think there was a payment due?  My TA missed notifying me once…. It was downhill from there. 

My TA has my CC on file for the deposit and will inform me when the final payment has been charged.

3 hours ago, Pratique said:

Just wondering because something similar happened to me. The cruise was chartered and the original email from Royal went to my junk folder and I never saw it. After the deadline passed they automatically canceled my reservation. Fortunately I was able to rebook another cruise without penalty but it took some arm twisting.

Funny you mentioned this. We had our upcoming cruise cancelled for no reason as well. Called our RCCL, they told us to contact our TA. We called him and he was able to get rebooked but perks we had were lost like OBC and Royal Up bids. They are still showing under the old reservation but not sure how to get it to carry over to this one before we sail on Monday, 10/18.

The cruise wasn't cancelled just our booking. Final payment wasn't due until later this month. To add to the injury there are 3 other couples traveling with us

You mean traveling without you.  😉  Did you ask the other couples if they cancelled you?  😄

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.

P.S.  I was kind of in the opposite situation.  My cruise was supposed to be cancelled by RCI (10 night TA was changed to two 5 night British Isles cruises).  But instead of cancelling my booking, they moved it to the first 5 night British Isles cruises.  The result was delays in issuing FCC and taxes refund. 

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Haha 1

The cruise wasn't cancelled just our booking. Final payment wasn't due until later this month. To add to the injury there are 3 other couples traveling with us. 

That's even more suckier.

53 minutes ago, Naespiffi05 said:

Funny you mentioned this. We had our upcoming cruise cancelled for no reason as well. Called our RCCL, they told us to contact our TA. We called him and he was able to get rebooked but perks we had were lost like OBC and Royal Up bids. They are still showing under the old reservation but not sure how to get it to carry over to this one before we sail on Monday, 10/18.

Contact the Loyalty Ambassador when you board.

2 hours ago, Cruisers425Years said:

The cruise wasn't cancelled just our booking. Final payment wasn't due until later this month. To add to the injury there are 3 other couples traveling with us. 

Final payment for this cruise was pushed back to 30 days before sailing or Dec. 31st. I am on  this cruise and the two preceding it. It has not been chartered.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruisers425Years said:

Immediately called my TA who knew nothing about it. According to TA RCCL doesn't know what happened.

I would insist that the TA immediately get you on a 3-way conference call with RCI.  I'd be curious to hear RCI's side of the story.  Somebody needs to compensate you and make everything right.  Having people say that they don't know what happened is not acceptable.  If your TA won't do a 3-way call, then maybe that is because they don't want you to hear RCI's version and I would find another TA.  

If you had my TA, he would immediately do a 3-way call.  I can hear him now: "Listen, you just said that you don't know what happened!  I don't care what it takes but you need to fix this right now!"

Edited by Lou33
  • Like 4

There are 3 examples of canceled bookings in OP’s thread now, and all have a TA who owned the booking.  Would be strange indeed if they all used same agency.  We will never know. 

Edited by BSocial
Typo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cruisers425Years said:

Please keep us posted. This is very strange indeed, especially when another member posts that they have not been cancelled for the same sailing. 

26 minutes ago, BSocial said:

There are 3 examples of canceled bookings in OP’s thread now, and all have a TA who owned the booking.  Would be strange indeed if they all used same agency.  We will never know. 

And there is the reason I book direct with RCI.  😉 

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

And there is the reason I book direct with RCI.  😉 

There's nothing wrong with using a TA.  My TA is my best advocate and has helped me resolve several issues.  But the key is that you have to find a good one.  

• Like 4

I was under the impression that they always put a note in the booking as to who cancelled it  I have cancelled bookings and been told by the rep that I had to stay on the line with them while they put a note in it

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1