No Doctor's Notes for Negative Covid Test

Ouch, just found out that RCI won't accept "Doctor's Note" proof of negative Covid test.  Only results from accredited diagnostic labs.

So has anyone showed up at the terminal with a negative Covid test result from their doctor and been turned away?

We're talking the Galveston port so RCI won't have any substantial testing set up there.

Also, wonder if RCI would provide a pier Covid test for someone who did not have a test done because they just ran out of time.

3 minutes ago, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

Ouch, just found out that RCI won't accept "Doctor's Note" proof of negative Covid test.  Only results from accredited diagnostic labs.

So has anyone showed up at the terminal with a negative Covid test result from their doctor and been turned away?

We're talking the Galveston port so RCI won't have any substantial testing set up there.

Also, wonder if RCI would provide a pier Covid test for someone who did not have a test done because they just ran out of time.

I'm afraid "running out of time", isn't going to fly - and you probably won't get much sympathy here trying to use that as an excuse because most people are busy right before departure.

When does your cruise leave?

Our cruise leaves on Sunday, October 17th.  We'll try CVS or Walgreens.  CVS folks told us 48-72 hours wait time -- too long.

Will focus on Walgreens.

Will try to get our doctor to push the results for a PCR test which is set for this Friday at 8:00am.  CPL lab is down the hall from our doctor's office.

Our cruise is early November and I have an appointment at our doctor’s office for a COVID test 2 days before.  The results will appear in the my chart app and I can print them.  I haven’t seen the Covid-19 results, but the other lab tests show my name and DOB along with the results and type of test.  I had assumed the doctor’s note exception was for a note, not results from the office.  Did I assume wrong?

1 minute ago, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

I believe that the rapid test done in doctor's offices is the antigen test.  These antigen tests are done in the doctor's office and not in an accredited lab.  PCR tests are done in a lab.

It doesn't have to be a PCR test. An antigen test will suffice. You might even have time to get the proctored test delivered to you home in case Walgreens or CVS can't help. 

OK, it looks like our problem may be resolved.  Doctor's office will do a PCR test this Friday, walk it down the hall to CPL and get results within 24 hours.  Fingers crossed.

Since we're driving from Austin to Galveston on Sunday, the day of our sailing, we should have enough time to see and print results from our patient portal.

Thank you for all the comments & suggestions.