Suite Breakfast Question

Bgwest

8 hours ago, brisalta said:

Well that certainly would not be eggs Benedict.

That got me curious, so I Googled it. Actually, the majority of hits on "what do you call eggs benedict with smoked salmon" (there were a lot of results) do call it eggs Benedict in some form or another. Some call it "Eggs Benedict With Smoked Salmon" while others call it "Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict."  A small minority of results say "Eggs Royale." I'll stick to calling it "eggs Benedict with smoked salmon" since I doubt many would know what I mean by Eggs Royale.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AZ Ocean Lover said:

Just off the Grand and got an upgrade to a suite.  Breakfast was special.  My husband asked for sourdough toast.  Lots of discussion among the staff and the Matre D came over and apologized that they didn’t have any but to the bakery would make him some for the next day.  This was the last day of the cruise so didn’t get to test that out but thought that was incredible service.

What that Gabriel?  He is awesome!!  I went the night before and asked him if it was possible for me to get turkey sausage and sure enough, it was there the next morning for when I ordered it.  

On 10/14/2021 at 5:27 AM, CineGraphic said:

Try ordering an omelette with crab meat in the main dining room.

Plus, your food is cooked to order, versus stuff that's been cooked and held warm.

Had an avocado & crab meat omelette this morning. It was great!!!😀

• Like 3

On 10/14/2021 at 6:27 AM, fabby50 said:

We did try something new to us off the breakfast menu that the server said he'd never had anyone order before - the "fruit milk".  Tasted like the milk leftover from a bowl of cereal, I still need to research that and find out who came up with it.  

Thanks for trying the fruit milk...now I don't have to. 🤣

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

That got me curious, so I Googled it. Actually, the majority of hits on "what do you call eggs benedict with smoked salmon" (there were a lot of results) do call it eggs Benedict in some form or another. Some call it "Eggs Benedict With Smoked Salmon" while others call it "Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict."  A small minority of results say "Eggs Royale." I'll stick to calling it "eggs Benedict with smoked salmon" since I doubt many would know what I mean by Eggs Royale.

So you want Canadian Bacon and smoked salmon with your eggs. Got it.

Now when you complain remember it is your fault for not asking for Eggs Royale!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, brisalta said:

So you want Canadian Bacon and smoked salmon with your eggs. Got it.

Now when you complain remember it is your fault for not asking for Eggs Royale!

😂 In the unlikely event that they bring it with both, I'll take the wrap for that. And work around it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Had an avocado & crab meat omelette this morning. It was great!!!😀

Hmmm, I did not see you in our kitchen this morning! Maybe that explains how the cat found a way to the outside.

Joking aside they make omelettes to order from scratch in the buffet, or at least they do on the Grand. They have a wide range of fillings available. In addition the breakfast buffet hours cover a longer period of time than any of the other venues so if you are a late riser that is an option.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Hmmm, I did not see you in our kitchen this morning! Maybe that explains how the cat found a way to the outside.

Joking aside they make omelettes to order from scratch in the buffet, or at least they do on the Grand. They have a wide range of fillings available. In addition the breakfast buffet hours cover a longer period of time than any of the other venues so if you are a late riser that is an option.

But you won't get avocado and crab.  They have a check list of items available for the buffet omelettes.  

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

But you won't get avocado and crab.  They have a check list of items available for the buffet omelettes.  

You can ask for whatever you want at the buffet omelette bar. If they are in the mood and you are polite they will get the ingredient sent up.

Nothing special about avocado. They are common as dirt in California. They even grow and fruit in San Francisco.

Edited by brisalta

On 10/14/2021 at 10:26 AM, PhotoGal07 said:

You can't get pancakes?  This feels like such a standard breakfast offering.  I knew they weren't on the menu, but I did assume that one could probably ask for them and they'd arrange it since they are not particularly difficult to make and the batter is just a slightly different composition from the waffles.

Perhaos the person that posted that information thought that we were talking about the Waffle House.  You have to be a Waffle House fan to understand my attempt at humor.

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

I've heard eggs benedict with smoked salmon called eggs Nova Scotia. 

That's exactly what it's called & it's delish!

All these conversations are making me so hungry. We will be on the Majestic on the 30th & I am definitely planning on steak & eggs, a crab-avo omelet along with eggs Nova Scotia.... Do you think if i ask for escargot it can be ready that early in the AM ...a girl can dream 😋 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Real poached eggs are served in the suite breakfast vs the eggs cooked in a cup to look like they were poached served in MDR. See photos below. Also actual potatoes cubed and fried not the reconstituted potato triangles served in MDR. 
Once DH was chatting with our server and mentioned he enjoyed Nutella crepes. With his breakfast he was served one made special by our server as a surprise.  The oj has always been fresh squeezed and you can have your mimosa without the oj.  No limit on # of glasses and does not count towards the 15 drinks on your drink package. Not that I can drink that much but just sayin’.  

Best ever service and food is hot!  

4BD2FCE4-A811-4CED-A14B-67D9FF953B61.jpeg

A587441A-9A44-454B-B862-7F663A8AD668.jpeg

What is special about each of the items in the pictures?

Looks like one of the $2.22 breakfasts like they used to serve in Arts Cafe in San Francisco back in the day.

Edited by brisalta

10 hours ago, brisalta said:

Looks like one of the $2.22 breakfasts like they used to serve in Arts Cafe in San Francisco back in the day.

$2.22???🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
what distant memory in the Land of Exorbitant Prices

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

You can still find inexpensive breakfasts in San Francisco and unlike many states and cities people working in restaurants get way more than the dismal Federal restaurant worker minimum wage.

Right………

13 hours ago, omynameistaken said:

Do you think if i ask for escargot it can be ready that early in the AM ...a girl can dream 😋 

If you let them know in advance, I'm sure it can be arranged. My experience on the Majestic was that when I asked if I could have Crab Rangoon from the dinner menu, they accommodated me the following morning.

• Like 3

There have been a couple of posters who pointed out that pancakes were not available in the suite breakfast. 
just to confirm I asked this morning and was advised that pancakes in a variety of styles are indeed available. 

this is accurate in Sabatini’s on this sailing of the Emerald.  YMMV. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bgwest said:

There have been a couple of posters who pointed out that pancakes were not available in the suite breakfast. 
just to confirm I asked this morning and was advised that pancakes in a variety of styles are indeed available. 

this is accurate in Sabatini’s on this sailing of the Emerald.  YMMV. 

Aw thank you!  My two kiddos will be most happy.  They would have been perfectly content with waffles or french toast, but pancakes are their favorite (specifically when one adds a few chocolate chips!).

17 hours ago, brisalta said:

I eat simple that’s the only reason they don’t look special. Even though I could, I don’t tend to ask for fancy food. Just plain for me but fresh and well prepared. 

The pictures are to show you the difference in the MDR fake poached egg versus the Sabatini’s suite breakfast real poached egg. The real poached egg is far superior in texture and taste. The fake one is rubbery. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I eat simple that’s the only reason they don’t look special. Even though I could, I don’t tend to ask for fancy food. Just plain for me but fresh and well prepared. 

The pictures are to show you the difference in the MDR fake poached egg versus the Sabatini’s suite breakfast real poached egg. The real poached egg is far superior in texture and taste. The fake one is rubbery. 

Rubber eggs...did you go to a joke shop?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, starboardcruiser said:

If you let them know in advance, I'm sure it can be arranged. My experience on the Majestic was that when I asked if I could have Crab Rangoon from the dinner menu, they accommodated me the following morning.

Yum!  I will have to remember that.  Harmony's crab rangoon was the only thing that I really loved when we had dinner there.

• Like 1