Online check in photo's

larrythelabrador

8 hours ago, larrythelabrador said:

Can anyone tell me what the requirements for the photo's are in the online check in process please?

Wanted to get them ready to go for when it opens.

Cheers

We just took a head and shoulders photo emailed it to ourselves than copied it over to the form, you can than edit to get a better crop

• Thanks 1

Just received an email informing us that check-in is now open for our cruise next month. Guess what? No it isn't!! Got quite excited but the check-in icon is greyed out, in fact all the icons are greyed out. Why do P&O do this? No cabin number either so not much point in printing anything off even if I could. Will keep checking this week. 

On 10/18/2021 at 6:06 PM, jeanlyon said:

I presume if our friend who doesn't have either a mobile or computer can do this at the port?

Your friends are really are going to struggle with the online forms 

Still cannot access online check-in and it is 3 days since we received the email from P&O informing us that it was open. We booked direct with them so do you think I should TRY to ring them to see if there is a problem? Maybe I should be just a bit more patient?

1 minute ago, PJ's said:

Still cannot access online check-in and it is 3 days since we received the email from P&O informing us that it was open. We booked direct with them so do you think I should TRY to ring them to see if there is a problem? Maybe I should be just a bit more patient?

Just out of interest who have you booked with direct with P&O or a TA. We had a similar situation with Cunard for our cruise next Monday when Cunard said check in was open online which it was but it wouldnt let me print e-ticket or luggage labels. Was like this for a while so was getting worried and contacted Cunard and they said it was because my TA had not paid the balance to Cunard even though I had paid TA over a month earlier. They told me to contact TA.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:06 PM, jeanlyon said:

I presume if our friend who doesn't have either a mobile or computer can do this at the port?

Yes they can. Last time we checked in the Lady said ' I will take the photo of your face again, it's not very good '. DW said , I know, I've been married to it for 45 years.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, PJ's said:

We booked direct with P&O so no TA is involved. I'll give it until the weekend and then try to ring P&O next Monday as it will then be 3wks before departure

I wonder if 3 weeks is a bit early. Some of our staycation cruises were about 10 days. 

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I wonder if 3 weeks is a bit early. Some of our staycation cruises were about 10 days. 

Not sure. Wondering as well when to order our LFT for when we return and also got the PLF to complete. Not looking forward to all the paperwork.

14 minutes ago, PJ's said:

Not sure. Wondering as well when to order our LFT for when we return and also got the PLF to complete. Not looking forward to all the paperwork.

We have done 3 staycation cruises an one trip to Menorca. All the paperwork is a load of faff. But just think, spend an hour, max, doing all that stuff and then....... off on holiday.⛱️🏄🐬🤣

2 hours ago, PJ's said:

Just a suggestion, but I had a problem with the e-ticket and luggage labels as well but found that I had pop-ups disabled in my browser. Once I enabled pop-ups both of these were able to be printed straight away. Something else you could try, and let us all know if it works as it will help others.

Les.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 1:21 PM, PJ's said:

Just received an email informing us that check-in is now open for our cruise next month. Guess what? No it isn't!! Got quite excited but the check-in icon is greyed out, in fact all the icons are greyed out. Why do P&O do this? No cabin number either so not much point in printing anything off even if I could. Will keep checking this week. 

Just to chip in, I was surprised to get the email informing me check in was open as it's 4 weeks before my cruise.  It's exactly the same with me, check-in icon is greyed out.

Just below the greyed out boxes there is a link that advises the following ...

Necessary steps

Your E-tickets and Luggage Labels will be ready when:

• You’re within three weeks of sailing
  • You’ve completed your personal details
  • Your cabin has been assigned

When printing your e-tickets and luggage labels please ensure you've enabled pop-ups.

If you're experiencing issues when trying to print e-tickets or luggage labels, please check back and retry closer to departure.

6 hours ago, Les_ldh said:

Just a suggestion, but I had a problem with the e-ticket and luggage labels as well but found that I had pop-ups disabled in my browser. Once I enabled pop-ups both of these were able to be printed straight away. Something else you could try, and let us all know if it works as it will help others.

Les.

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried disabling pop-ups and all 3 icons are still greyed out. I think that it will be next week before I can check-in online (21 days before embarkation). Will let you know if I'm successful or it looks like a phone call to P&O.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Denarius said:

Back to the original question. I always keep a spare copy of my passport photograph and create a digital copy; I have a printer/scanner. I can then use this whenever it becomes necessary to upload a photo.

The photos uploaded are really only used to replace the ones they used to take for use by the ships security when going ashore and nowadays on their tablet when you order a drink etc. Having said that I also just scanned a copy of my last passport photo.