Chef's Table Dress Code

Goofyisme

We’ve done Chef’s Table on probably 8 or 9 different ships and I never knew it was formal! 😂  We certainly never dressed formal and I can’t remember any one else in formal attire.  Your coat and tie sounds like what most of the men, including my husband, had on.

Sherti🙂

17 minutes ago, BLiles1961 said:

how long is the Chef's Table experience?

My reservation say's 6:30-8:30 so allow 2 hours but I've known it to go on longer if people linger and talk afterwards. The wine takes it's effect over time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the dress recommendation follows the MDR for the given day, since it's usually IN the MDR.

We went last week in Business Casual and were fine.

It WAS nearly 3 hours as some of our table mates consumed a LOT of the wine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BLiles1961 said:

If I may piggyback on this question, how long is the Chef's Table experience? It really sounds like something I would like to try if it doesn't go on for hours.

Plan on 2-3 hours.  Go with someone who enjoys the culinary experience of delightful food, drink, atmosphere and conversing with table mates.  I know a couple that broke up after a CT dinner - she wanted it as a birthday surprise for him and paid for it - he had no interest got upset and embarrassed her in front of other people the entire time.  Once off the ship they went their separate ways. Not a very nice ending. 

21 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Plan on 2-3 hours.  Go with someone who enjoys the culinary experience of delightful food, drink, atmosphere and conversing with table mates.  I know a couple that broke up after a CT dinner - she wanted it as a birthday surprise for him and paid for it - he had no interest got upset and embarrassed her in front of other people the entire time.  Once off the ship they went their separate ways. Not a very nice ending. 

Wow!  That must have been a lot of "fun" for the other people at the table too.

On 10/22/2021 at 3:34 PM, matthewthamm said:

I am on the Harmony on 12/19/21.  TA and Royal are telling me the CT is not being offered through the end of 2021.  Not happy as this is an anniversary cruise for us, and was looking forward to making CT part of the celebration.

It's being offered on our November 8th Serenade cruise.  At least they are happy to take my payment in the Cruise Planner. 🙂

I am on the Harmony on 12/19/21.  TA and Royal are telling me the CT is not being offered through the end of 2021.  Not happy as this is an anniversary cruise for us, and was looking forward to making CT part of the celebration.

Its being offered for my December 16th Brilliance cruise.  I recently did it last month on the Mariner and that was only a 3 night cruise.  It *might* be ship specific as the Oasis class seems to be up in the air about where to hold it.  When i was on Allure in 2019, they had it on the 2nd floor of the Diamond Lounge, however, on Harmony, they don't have the diamond lounge in the same place and its only 1 floor that I can see.  Its a possibility that despite the size, there is no where to host it on Harmony.  

It is available in my cruise planner for 12-12-21 on Anthem.  Has anyone ever seen Chef's Table go on sale (meaning at a reduced or sale price) in the planner?  I have heard of people getting it discounted once they were on the ship.  

2 hours ago, KelJ said:

It is available in my cruise planner for 12-12-21 on Anthem.  Has anyone ever seen Chef's Table go on sale (meaning at a reduced or sale price) in the planner?  I have heard of people getting it discounted once they were on the ship.  

Always get it MUCH cheaper onboard, it never seems to be sold out pre cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2021 at 12:51 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Blue jeans and a polo, and I fit right in

How disappointing .

Booked and paid yesterday but will cancel today, hopefully won't take 6 months to get my money back.

Cruising has certainly become more casual. I get that. I thought even for one night we could get guzzied up go for dinner. The dressing for dinner in the early days was part of the cruising experience, an escape from reality.

We are not foodies so the dinner part is irrelevant . We were hoping for an elegant night out.

So I am so happy you enlightened us, the evening would have been ruined.

5 hours ago, IEHL said:

How disappointing .

Booked and paid yesterday but will cancel today, hopefully won't take 6 months to get my money back.

Cruising has certainly become more casual. I get that. I thought even for one night we could get guzzied up go for dinner. The dressing for dinner in the early days was part of the cruising experience, an escape from reality.

We are not foodies so the dinner part is irrelevant . We were hoping for an elegant night out.

So I am so happy you enlightened us, the evening would have been ruined.

Well, elegant is out there, it's just not on the mainstream lines any longer (at least not like it used to be)