The ODYSSEY and the ECSTASY Live Oct 23-31

h20skibum

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And another Cozumel Sunrise here earlier

0BD734CC-F28A-4D47-A0B9-E8BF9803A293.thumb.jpeg.1cb6f4f4faa4085d71b28787ca9ba1ff.jpeg

Now we are back for karaoke after to theatre show. This should be good. 

1 1/2 ounces tequila

3/4 cup orange juice 

3/4 ounce grenadine syrup 

Orange slice, for garnish 

High-quality maraschino cherry, such as Luxardo, for garnish 

Looks just like a tequila sunrise:

3,425 Tequila Sunrise Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looking fantastic Mark. I love this tux especially with the vest. Cheers to you. You look great. Also can you find out what's in that Cozumel Sunrise? Looks interesting. Enjoy your evening.

Greg the Sea Dog

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was going to ask about that drink, too.

Here you go

AC229D7B-4858-4B28-9463-48E40B22B053.thumb.jpeg.1fdb01b89cc984a2369b78160c2795c7.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Did they change formal night to day 3 because of the itinerary change? 

Thanks for the Music Hall pictures!

Didn’t know there was an itinerary change, since this is what it was when we booked.  

This was the first sea day, and that is usually when they have the first formal night. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It may be a first for cruise critic, because this may be the first photo of me. 🤣🤣

Of course, I had to coordinate the mask with the tux. 😂

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great photo, Mark!  Love your tux ensemble!

+1 

7 hours ago, Sheal said:

Wow M

I'll say!  Hair, glasses, mask, vest, tux, and ring.  As long as you were not wearing tan shoes all is good.

+1 

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looking fantastic Mark. I love this tux especially with the vest.

Ohhhh, the vest is the "cherry beneath the tux"  😉

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Coralc said:

You do get up really early. :classic_tongue:

Up early, or up late.  Sometimes I don’t know.  

I am one of those persons that survive on 4-5 hours sleep.  I guess I was made to live life and not sleep it away. 😀

• Like 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Up early, or up late.  Sometimes I don’t know.  

I am one of those persons that survive on 4-5 hours sleep.  I guess I was made to live life and not sleep it away. 😀

On the ships I go to bed late and I'm up early. There is plenty of time when I'm not on a cruise to sleep. Although, I am up early at home, too.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

On the ships I go to bed late and I'm up early. There is plenty of time when I'm not on a cruise to sleep.

One of Susan’s sisters traveled on a couple cruises with us.  She always went to bed early and got up late.  

I told her I experienced twice the cruise she did. 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Didn’t know there was an itinerary change, since this is what it was when we booked.  

This was the first sea day, and that is usually when they have the first formal night. 

we’re doing this same one in December and originally it had Grand cayman on day 3 instead of coco cay on day 2 but it got changed since GC still isn’t allowing cruise ships

• Like 2

Just in case anyone forgets where we are. 

E33C623A-CA88-4F19-8A66-05B83CB869C2.thumb.jpeg.dcf1d70998012e6596f506b861231924.jpeg

On our way to the running track this morning, and many of the doors had signs that said closed due to inclement weather.  So we walked out on pool deck 14 and up the exterior stairs that were not closed.  

Didn’t want to break any rules. We then saw a sign leading back inside. 

7D125628-9394-4B04-90CC-5784212F5845.thumb.jpeg.4bbcf6d48a8cfaec92bb24514f2db28d.jpeg

We must have passed through a rainstorm last night, because part of the track was wet.  This guy got to drive the zamboni. 

E43980EC-8EE9-41B4-AE99-F6DBD854F598.thumb.jpeg.7433764a464c0bd5d7aaa3eb9d8f52f1.jpeg

I had a hard time keeping up with Susan this morning.  She did a 7 second mile. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

we’re doing this same one in December and originally it had Grand Cayman on day 3 instead of coco cay on day 2 but it got changed since GC still isn’t allowing cruise ships

I was wondering about that, since we are scheduled for Grand Cayman in early January and they say they won't be open yet. When did you find out about the change in itinerary?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flamingos said:

I was wondering about that, since we are scheduled for Grand Cayman in early January and they say they won't be open yet. When did you find out about the change in itinerary?

literally last Friday was when it was made official, though some people claimed to have heard about the change earlier in the week from their travel agents. This is for the Dec 4 sailing

Edited by hotsauce126
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 3:00 PM, h20skibum said:

So useful (or useless) bit of information #3 for this class of ship.  On a whim, we walked up to see if we could go up in the North Star, since we were in port.  Nope, you have to book a time slot, and all spots were booked already, as well as all the other port days.  

Now you can do it on a sea day for $29/pp, but what would you see other than the ocean. 

We are glad we booked Ifly for one of the port days already, because those are all booked now.  You want to do it on a sea day, that is $49/pp. 

The moral is….book as soon as you get onboard. 

Do you book this on the app also or go somewhere?

thanks

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 6:14 AM, h20skibum said:

Yes it was a small cup.  It seems like many things are getting downsized. 

Noticed that on my 2 Oasis sailings over the past month.   As far as beer goes, 12 oz. cans replaced the 16 oz. bottles.  The price remained the same though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Here you go

Thank you. Looks like I will need to try it.

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I wish I could be more like that. I do find myself lately waking up around 4am wide awake. It must be the excitement and anticipation of retirement and cruise.

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Here you go

AC229D7B-4858-4B28-9463-48E40B22B053.thumb.jpeg.1fdb01b89cc984a2369b78160c2795c7.jpeg

I too like @Ocean Boy said prefer the Mango to the Orange Juice like in a tequila sunrise.. Mango doesn't have the acidity level to my stomach like orange juice has.

• Like 2

I do not see the cost for espresso on the Starbucks list posted, would it be possible to check the cost of a single and double espresso? Also anyone know the cost in the dining room for one? Thank you enjoying your report. 

Also does anyone know the normal cost of sparkling water and water bottles? Trying to figure out if the beverage package would work for us. 

Edited by jonj
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Question about Playmakers.  Did you happen to check out if they showed most (if not all) of the NFL games?  And as far as seating, was it crowded?.....assuming nobody was able to sit at the bar.  TIA.

I am not sure if they play all the games.  Actually, I didn’t know they had Playmakers until I heard someone talking about it. Then I had to go in search of it. 

All the indoor bars have no seating at the bar.  You can sit at the ones outdoors. 

• Like 1