stockholder benefit question

happywandering

41 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If you are staying in the same stateroom, only one will receive the OBC, The form includes this: Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom.

We have 2 rooms.  

1 hour ago, kazu said:

You only see it if you booked directly with HAL.  If you use a TA, you don’t see the obc.  Just take you email with you printed out to be safe and you will be fine.  If you use a TA, when you get your final confirmation after you do your final payment you should see it added to the OBC.

Thanks.  I did book through a big box TA.

47 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

Thanks.  I did book through a big box TA.

That explains it.  Ir we book through a TA you can never see OBC on the HAL site.  Doesn’t matter if it’s CCL stock, TA’s OBC or HAL’s OBC.  Only place it will show is your TA’s confirmation with the total obc.

It’s he way it is sadly 😉. Just hang on to that email, wait for your confirmation which your TA should send you after you are paid in full and still take your printed out copy of the email to be on the safe side.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kazu said:

That explains it.  Ir we book through a TA you can never see OBC on the HAL site.  Doesn’t matter if it’s CCL stock, TA’s OBC or HAL’s OBC.  Only place it will show is your TA’s confirmation with the total obc.

It’s he way it is sadly 😉. Just hang on to that email, wait for your confirmation which your TA should send you after you are paid in full and still take your printed out copy of the email to be on the safe side.  

And if somehow that does not work, I would go with the advice our TA once gave me. Do not sweat it and let it ruin your cruise. Instead get in touch with him afterwards and let him sort it out.

• Like 1

Just to update, I emailed my request at 1:08 pm today and I received a reply at 1:34 pm today that the shipboard credit was applied to my booking.  Nice!!

Many thanks to all of you who provided information that helped me get this task accomplished.

I sent in a snail mail request on Nov. 3 for OBC and a followup email question on about Dec. 6 and got a "it will take 10-14 days to respond" email. Still waiting; I guess the 10-14 days response is true...😒

Per the next post, responses from HAL seem to be extremely variable.... 

Edited by PSR

44 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I've been waiting for 10 days and not a peep.

How did you request? That seems like it is lost.   I used the email and had an answer within 24 hours. 

Edited by Mary229

14 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

How did you request? That seems like it is lost.   I used the email and had an answer within 24 hours. 

Email. It used to be very quick.  The last several months it has not.  I’ve canceled and rebooked 3 cruises in the last 3 months and they’ve all taken about 2 weeks.  How long ago did you request yours?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Email. It used to be very quick.  The last several months it has not.  I’ve canceled and rebooked 3 cruises in the last 3 months and they’ve all taken about 2 weeks.  How long ago did you request yours?

I requested one on October 1 and one on October 29.  I received responses on both within 24 hours.  

Edited by Mary229

I sent an email November 19 and received an automated reply that I would hear back from them in 10-14 days.  On November 26, I sent a fax.  After not getting a response by December 8, I called the 1-800 number and someone picked up right away.  I told her I had not had a response and the OBC had not been posted, she put me on hold to look for my email.  When she came back, she said she didn't see the email but found the fax and applied the OBC immediately.  I was getting nervous about waiting because my cruise was in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I requested one on October 1 and one on October 29.  I received responses on both within 24 hours.  

Thank you.  I wouldn't doubt it if hal is going from the top of the pile instead of the bottom.  I think I will send mine again but I have doubts that it will help.

As soon as I completed a booking online last Saturday, I requested via email for a last minute cruise the next weekend. I got an almost immediate email response saying it was being processed. I didn’t hear anything by Thursday so I forwarded it back with a polite request for an update as we are sailing in three days. Friday morning, I got the confirmation email. I wasn’t sure if booking last minute would still work out, but it did and we are good to go with our OBC. 

• Like 1

Well I did resubmit mine again. I sent it with the original email and much to my surprise about a half hour later it was done.  They did screw it up even though I’d explained how much I should get.  I have a b2b but 2 booking numbers so it messes them up.  They did correct it.  I guess they must be doing first come last served.  Fine if people have closer in cruises but if they don’t why do that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Well I did resubmit mine again. I sent it with the original email and much to my surprise about a half hour later it was done.

I guess I will try to resubmit if I don't hear from them soon. Will try email instead of snail mail (been over a month now). Did you use the "World Cruise Reservations" email address? Thanks for any info.

13 minutes ago, PSR said:

I guess I will try to resubmit if I don't hear from them soon. Will try email instead of snail mail (been over a month now). Did you use the "World Cruise Reservations" email address? Thanks for any info.

Yes, I’ve used the email since they started letting us again.  Yup, that’s the email I used.  Good luck!

They are so all over the place in response times. It always was spooky fast (like within a couple hours) if you sent during normal business hours. I am up to two weeks on my last request with no response yet. The last one I did took about 15 days. My next cruise is not until March so I am not going to pester them yet. I always request immediately after booking assuming it is within window that the shareholder benefit has been authorized. 

• Like 1

I sent a request email to World Cruise Reservation on Tuesday, December 7th and received a reply today indicating that they applied the OBC to my reservation and it would be credited to my onboard account upon embarkation. Totally shocked me that it was only 3 days.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 6:12 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes, I’ve used the email since they started letting us again.  Yup, that’s the email I used.  Good luck!

On 12/10/2021 at 8:07 PM, zgscl said:

They are so all over the place in response times. It always was spooky fast (like within a couple hours) if you sent during normal business hours. I am up to two weeks on my last request with no response yet. The last one I did took about 15 days. My next cruise is not until March so I am not going to pester them yet. I always request immediately after booking assuming it is within window that the shareholder benefit has been authorized. 

On 12/10/2021 at 8:43 PM, SUESEABE said:

I sent a request email to World Cruise Reservation on Tuesday, December 7th and received a reply today indicating that they applied the OBC to my reservation and it would be credited to my onboard account upon embarkation. Totally shocked me that it was only 3 days.

Thanks for all the comments; I was able to reach HAL by phone today, Sunday, to verify that my OBC had NOT yet been added to our booking. I will probably send my second request for OBC by email to World Cruise Reservations in a day or two, after I see if they respond to my original email asking if they ever got my snail mail request.

Edited by PSR
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PSR said:

Thanks for all the comments; I was able to reach HAL by phone today, Sunday, to verify that my OBC had NOT yet been added to our booking. I will probably send my second request for OBC by email to World Cruise Reservations in a day or two, after I see if they respond to my original email asking if they ever got my snail mail request.

That’s so annoying.  They need to get it together.  It’s fine if they take a while if the cruise is further away.  What they should not be doing it doing the last in first.  That makes no sense.  It’s a good thing there is no world cruise next year or it would never get done 🙄.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That’s so annoying.  They need to get it together.  It’s fine if they take a while if the cruise is further away.  What they should not be doing it doing the last in first.  That makes no sense.  It’s a good thing there is no world cruise next year or it would never get done 🙄.

Wonder if I should send mine again. I’ll probably give them a few weeks since my cruise is in March. Doing last in first out makes zero sense. I would understand prioritizing close in cruises. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the problem stems from Snail Mail in and Fax requests.  The Seattle office is still by and large a remote work staff, working from home.  Remotely they would get the emails and possibly the faxes but need to go to the office to process the mail in requests.  

6 hours ago, zgscl said:

Wonder if I should send mine again. I’ll probably give them a few weeks since my cruise is in March. Doing last in first out makes zero sense. I would understand prioritizing close in cruises. 

My cruise isn’t until spring either but I’m likely to forget if it drags on.

• Like 1