Anyone having trouble posting a comment using Firefox?

coffeebean

I’m posting this on my iPhone as a test. I have been unable to post a comment on my laptop using Firefox as my browser for at least two weeks now. 

Anyone else having a problem with the cruise Critic site with the Firefox browser?  It is only this site that I am having issues with posting. 

The Cruise Critic site functions normally when I post using Safari on my iPhone or using Google Crome on my laptop. Firefox seems to be the problem. Anyone else have problems posting on Cruise Critic using Firefox? 

Thanks. 

There are all kinds of issues that have been causing problems for quite a few weeks now and it's not just on Firefox.  There is a log out problem, problems trying to reply and getting every post in the thread quoted in the reply and on and on.  Some days it's fine and some days it's total crap.  According to threads about the issues on the CC Help forum the mods are aware and the IT people are still working on it.

Help forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/859-need-help-using-the-forums-check-here/

Thanks. I didn’t realize the issue I’m having has also been mentioned up thread. When I click to reply, my compose box includes all the posts on that page and then the SUBMIT REPLY button does not work. Hope all the  issues get resolved. 

Edited by coffeebean

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Thanks. I didn’t realize the issue I’m having has also been mentioned up thread. When I click to reply, my compose box includes all the posts on that page and then the SUBMIT REPLY button does not work. Hope all the  issues get resolved. 

I have had this problem with Safari, Chrome. I clear my cache and things seem to be normal... for a while. 

5 hours ago, coffeebean said:

... Hope all the  issues get resolved. 

Replying to you from desktop FF (V93.x being the latest, as patched & updated) and I assume that your iPhone is on newest iOS 15.1 (my backup SE 2020 is on it, iPad Air still on 15.0.2 until I get it updated).  Are you using Firefox or Firefox Focus on your mobile device ??  I always have a secondary & third mobile browser, just in case - try Opera Touch or one of Opera's mini browsers as they are light, fast and easy. 

In addition to clear your cache ... do check yours for any browser extensions and add-ons, especially those Adblock or similar/equivalent - VPN shouldn't matter ... disable or unblock them, one at a time as appropriate) to see if it might help.  My Pixel smartphone is running newest stock Android 12 and some of the apps aren't "getting along" - give the IT & app developers a little time to troubleshoot and get them sync ... October is a busy time of the year since the competitions are rolling things out

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Replying to you from desktop FF (V93.x being the latest, as patched & updated) and I assume that your iPhone is on newest iOS 15.1 (my backup SE 2020 is on it, iPad Air still on 15.0.2 until I get it updated).  Are you using Firefox or Firefox Focus on your mobile device ??  I always have a secondary & third mobile browser, just in case - try Opera Touch or one of Opera's mini browsers as they are light, fast and easy. 

In addition to clear your cache ... do check yours for any browser extensions and add-ons, especially those Adblock or similar/equivalent - VPN shouldn't matter ... disable or unblock them, one at a time as appropriate) to see if it might help.  My Pixel smartphone is running newest stock Android 12 and some of the apps aren't "getting along" - give the IT & app developers a little time to troubleshoot and get them sync ... October is a busy time of the year since the competitions are rolling things out

I'm using Firefox on my laptop and Safari on my iPhone. I'm replying right now on my laptop with Firefox and my compose box looks normal. Hope this posts.

Editing to say, this posted normally. I have not been able to post using Firefox in at least two to three weeks.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I'm using Firefox on my laptop and Safari on my iPhone. I'm replying right now on my laptop with Firefox and my compose box looks normal ... Editing to say, this posted normally. I have not been able to post using Firefox in at least two to three weeks.

Good, maybe CC's IT team figured it out & resolved it.  Actually, it took more than a few seconds on a fairly fast Fios 300/300 wired connection, for my post above to actually get thru & show up earlier ... expecting it to freeze, crash & not upload; and, it being text based without any pix, graphics, icons & gif's, etc.  On my light Chromebook and for better or worst, using Firefox browser as I'm don't need or want to use the default Chrome browser either.  Let's hope it's good for everyone.  Regards & let's all get back to cruising sooner rather than later.  

This just happened to me today.  I was in the middle of typing a reply on this forum and it just stopped my typing.   I removed the cookies but it also removed all my log ins so have to log into everything again.  Still wouldn't work so I restarted my desktop and now it seems to be working.