Holiday Experience Flyer (Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)

mahdnc

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

A description and schedule for the holiday experience across the fleet: link

Interesting read because I have never seen Celebrity put out a comprehensive advertisement on this.

Thanks!  I'm on the Summit at Christmas, so it's nice to know what might be different.

Christmas cruises with the 95% vax rule in place will certainly be different this year.  I remember when we would cruise the week ahead of the 'Christmas cruise'.  (The crew were always sorry to see us go.  They knew what they had coming at them at the turn.)  Now the number of kids will necessarily be reduced to get the numbers squared up, and it will be a very different experience.

As mentioned in a separate thread, doing the NYE cruise on Summit.  Should be a fun time.  

After hiding in my condo from Covid for 2 years, I'm ready to get out for a change.  My GF is an essential worker, so she goes to work every day.  But I work for a big Wall Street firm and have been working remotely from my comfy sofa.

8 hours ago, mahdnc said:

A description and schedule for the holiday experience across the fleet: link

Interesting read because I have never seen Celebrity put out a comprehensive advertisement on this.

Couldn't access the link.  Could you resend, please?  Thanks

In case there is a problem with the link in the future, here are the screenshots of the 3 pages.  If you click on the images, you will get a slightly larger more readable version.

image.thumb.png.b691a1bf681b51f0019cdb3ea06294d4.png

image.thumb.png.231eae8e90417bae6979c74d489b3eb9.png

image.thumb.png.ff475fbfe539a4da1a2aa0d750e1cb3b.png

12 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Wow Neat! We are booked for the Apex Thanksgiving cruise 20-27 Nov. Looks fun additions. 

they decorate the ship for Xmas the day we get in. 

den

I guess they will start decorating at the beginning of your cruise so that it is done by November 27.   We are on the Summit from Nov 22 - 27.   They said the ship will be decorated November 25, so I assume that means that it will start at the beginning of the cruise with the intent it is done by the 25th.

39 minutes ago, tert333 said:

I guess they will start decorating at the beginning of your cruise so that it is done by November 27.   We are on the Summit from Nov 22 - 27.   They said the ship will be decorated November 25, so I assume that means that it will start at the beginning of the cruise with the intent it is done by the 25th.

It usually is just about done one overnight.  Had it happen on the equinox a few years ago on a Thanksgiving sailing and the day before cruise ended overnight all xmas was up in place.  

On the other hand, after Christmas the decorations are removed gradually.  Usually the decorations that cause the staircase in the Grand Foyer to be blocked off is the first to be removed.

I have been on a Thanksgiving sailing where the Christmas decor comes out on Black Friday. We are on the Millie on Thanksgiving 25 Nov-29 Nov. According to the posted link, we won't be able to enjoy the  Christmas decor as the decorating begins after we dock.

6 hours ago, tert333 said:

As someone else mentioned, the decorations come out overnight. I sailed a few years back and woke up to a completely different ship! 🎅

7 hours ago, mahdnc said:

In case there is a problem with the link in the future, here are the screenshots of the 3 pages.  If you click on the images, you will get a slightly larger more readable version.

image.thumb.png.b691a1bf681b51f0019cdb3ea06294d4.png

image.thumb.png.231eae8e90417bae6979c74d489b3eb9.png

image.thumb.png.ff475fbfe539a4da1a2aa0d750e1cb3b.png

What does "F&B" and "OBR" stand for?

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Glad to see there will be some Christian services onboard the Christmas cruise.   I have always seen a Rabbi on board all of our cruises but almost never a Christian minister of any denomination.    This is a big change for Celebrity.

Not really a Celebrity change. I've been friendly with some of the clergy onboard and Celebrity has some trouble getting the Christian or multi-denominational folks to come onboard for what they offer.