Windjammer Open For Dinner

lovelife

On 10/28/2021 at 12:28 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Thanks for the update!

Over 3600 seems like a lot of people for the amount of tables, chairs, loungers…they have blocked off or taken away due to social distancing. We had just over 2700 and it was hard to get pool loungers, windjammer tables and reservations in specialty restaurants and shows. I wonder at what point they will stop adding to the number of guests without undoing some of the social distancing?

A lot of seating was replaced on Oasis last week.     We really had zero issues finding seats anywhere honestly, even the typically high demand areas on sea days.

The distancing thing was pretty lax except in a handful of places.     And of course anything involving a junk sale or raffle or whatever in the Promenade it went completely out the window - everyone jam right in, the rules don’t matter anymore.   Honestly trying to even bother with that sort of stuff on a cruise ship is impossible anyways.     

3 hours ago, lovelife said:

I'm on Symphony now and Windjammer is not open for dinner.. Solarium Bistro is open for dinner.

Maybe this is a game time decision - e.g., it may change from cruise to cruise on a ship depending on the load factor?

--bruce T.

Numbers still too low on Serenade for Windjammer to open for dinner. 904 passengers on our Oct 30th sailing and 1140 on our b2b  Nov 4th sailing that we got back from today.

Edited by coaster

14 hours ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

Just off the Odyssey on Sat 11/6/21, Windjammer was not open for dinner. Closed everyday by 3pm.

One of the servers told us that Odyssey had only 1200 passengers last week ( Week of 10/31). 1400 had booked, but only 1200 made it onboard. She presumed for Covid reasons. That was not enuf to open Windjammers for dinner. 

52 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

Can you find out how many guests are on board?

I think they are adding more n more each week I saw a few videos online that boarding is a mess at Miami, huge line n the process is really slow. I am going to the port one hr before my boarding time n join the long time.

13 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

thank you, 

how did you book your entertainment?

Can't book entertainment until you board. You use the app. There is also a number you can call but they never answer the phone. We were only able to get ressies for two shows. Everything else was booked when we boarded.☹

On the thread for the November 7th Oasis sailing out of Miami, they have posted the Cruise Compass for a couple of the days.  For that sailing, it shows the Windjammer open for dinner.

The odd thing is that it is noted with "RR" for Reservation Required!

I wonder how they are controlling the that situation? 

7 minutes ago, ReadyToCruise2 said:

On the thread for the November 7th Oasis sailing out of Miami, they have posted the Cruise Compass for a couple of the days.  For that sailing, it shows the Windjammer open for dinner.

The odd thing is that it is noted with "RR" for Reservation Required!

I wonder how they are controlling the that situation? 

It showed the same thing on our oasis sailing a few weeks ago, however we just showed up and nobody ever seemed To actually need a reservation.

The only difference we noticed was that you had to tap your seapass coming in as well as exiting so they could presumably keep tabs on the number of people coming and going. 

• Like 2