2 of 3 cruises, select/anytime dining changes to LATE, why is this?

NutsAboutGolf

15 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

does the any time buffet not meet your needs or do you just prefer booting others for your preferred eating times?

We do not eat at the buffet...not on X , Royal or Cunard or at home...we are not buffet or food court  people.

I do not boot others..but make my  res  way ahead for my dining times.,prefer AQ Class z( healthy dining) and now trying a suite with  Luminae,  so it's not  really an issue,   You will have to argue with someone else..

As to OP,  X  should honor confirmed seating times,

Wish everyone good health!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sanger727 said:

there’s a huge different between them going out of their way to accommodate a dietary need like vegan vs them hurting another passenger to accommodate another passengers preference. That is not ok and we will have to agree to disagree on that one. This would be a bit like if you have a balcony booked but get bumped to an inside cabin at the last minute because another passenger claims to have claustrophobia. 

if you really ‘have’ to eat at a certain time and select dining isn’t available, you can eat at the buffet, they could give you complimentary dining or arrange room service of the MDR menu. Or you could stop being a baby and have an afternoon snack and a lighter dinner. 

You should hope you never develop a situation where a serious medical conditions affects your dietary needs.  But if you do, some day you may understand.  Snacks are not dinner and may not be sufficient..

I have medical dietary restrictions too which have changed my life but thankfully I've learned what needs to be done..  I do understand their need.  Not eating at certain intervals can seriously affect glucose levels.

I've eaten in Celebrity buffets which have become non diabetic friendly with lots of fried foods, pasta, pizza or dripping in sugar laden sauces.  Eating a salad at every meal is not acceptable for what Celebrity now charges. 

In the restaurants, they prepare meals which are diabetic friendly when necessary.

Guess some people have no compassion.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

You should hope you never develop a situation where a serious medical conditions affects your dietary needs.  But if you do, some day you may understand.  Snacks are not dinner and may not be sufficient..

I have medical dietary restrictions which have changed my life but thankfully are not as serious as hcat has.  However I do understand their need.

Guess some people have no compassion.

Plenty of compassion.  Medical issues here as well.  I think what folks are saying is, there are other dining options that don't require specific times to be seated.  One may want a 7 or 8 etc time in MDR, Luminae et al, but there are options that do not require this if not available.  Don't make this more than it is.

10 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Plenty of compassion.  Medical issues here as well.  I think what folks are saying is, there are other dining options that don't require specific times to be seated.  One may want a 7 or 8 etc time in MDR, Luminae et al, but there are options that do not require this if not available.  Don't make this more than it is.

If you're not in a suite or AQ, the alternative evening dinning options are limited. The mass prepared foods in the Buffet are mostly non diabetic friendly. Even the fish is not prepared for diabetics.  What other non additional fee to eat venues are there in the evening?

So you're saying you didn't have to change your modus operandi due to your cancer treatment?

Edited by ChucktownSteve

1 minute ago, ChucktownSteve said:

If you're not in a suite or AQ, the alternative evening dinning options are limited. The mass prepared foods in the Buffet are mostly non diabetic friendly. Even the fish is not prepared for diabetics.  What other non additional fee to eat venues are there in the evening?

So you're saying you didn't have to change your modus operandi due to your cancer treatment?

Just saying I find a way to make it work for me, my personal choice.  I call Celebrity ahead of time, follow-up again once on board.  It has worked for me.  You are seeming to want to make this that I am against folks with dietary issues, for whatever issue, I am NOT!  Hard stop!!!!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Just saying I find a way to make it work for me, my personal choice.  I call Celebrity ahead of time, follow-up again once on board.  It has worked for me.  You are seeming to want to make this that I am against folks with dietary issues, for whatever issue, I am NOT!  Hard stop!!!!!

In my initial post, which you appear to have appropriated as directed at you, was not!   I was responding to sanger727   Look at the quoted post I referenced in post #27  Not everything is about you. lol

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Considering you have zero information about what the OP's actual health reason is, I don't think you are in a position to comment on whether an early dining time is reasonable or a use of entitlement.  Your responses are quite harsh considering you don't have all the facts.  

I have known hcat for quite a few years now and there has been information provided about the condition AND it is NOT incumbent on me to discuss anothers' medical issue(s) unless I Am told it is okay and even then, I would not discuss with anonymous individuals on the internet or forums such as this.

Thank you very much Dr. p.

In health and bon voyage

24 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

In my initial post, which you appear to have appropriated as directed at you, was not!   I was responding to sanger727   Look at the quoted post I referenced in post #27  Not everything is about you. lol

LOL crap dude!  I made nothing about me, your post # whatever notwithstanding.  Simply stated my personal experience, was not and would not judge others.

38 minutes ago, RonPaula said:

Is it possible to adjust your breakfast and lunch times to accommodate a later dinner time? Is it a matter of spacing out your meals? 

With diabetes, it's not so much how you time your eating but how your body processes your glucose levels.  Someone who sticks four or more times a day is serious otherwise usually many people only stick once daily. 

The fact that Hcat can manage her diabetic condition through pills is important.  If she's not careful and diligent, her condition could escalate to require several insulin shots per day when the pills won't work anymore to control her glucose.

I am not a Dr nor have I played one on TV but I am escalated beyond her condition.

Also an important fact that some may have missed is hcat mentioned that she can't eat late then go straight to bed.  My DW is the same way although she doesn't have what hcat does. My DW would be up all night with stomach problems.

So when someone has an early seating and Celebrity unilaterally changes them to last seating, there can be serious ramifications Celebrity's not considering.

20 hours ago, RonPaula said:

Is it possible to adjust your breakfast and lunch times to accommodate a later dinner time? Is it a matter of spacing out your meals? 

. You are clueless .There are several reasons . Plus why should people need to space meals when they pay a lot for a cruise. 

At the age of 68 I still wake by 6am and crash at night shortly after 9pm . Many times I have worked on changing this  with no luck. I have no chance of sleeping with food in my stomach so 5 to 6 pm is dinner. I know people with hiatal hernias who will have food laying in their esophogus if they eat late.  This is dangerous.

My dinner got change once so I called and said I will eat at the buffet and please remove the dining  room grats. A few days later I was in early dining. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 4:32 PM, Bo1953 said:

I have known hcat for quite a few years now and there has been information provided about the condition AND it is NOT incumbent on me to discuss anothers' medical issue(s) unless I Am told it is okay and even then, I would not discuss with anonymous individuals on the internet or forums such as this.

Thank you very much Dr. p.

In health and bon voyage

I was not responding to your post, so I am not sure why you are replying to me with this information.  I have always found your posts quite considerate and thoughtful.