A very simple laundry question

marieps

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Please don't, moderator, as there may be others wanting to know. 😇

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Tuesday for a Friday debarkation, Wednesday for a Saturday debarkation.

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Please don't, moderator, as there may be others wanting to know. 😇

Greetings Senator fan!  I only asked because we're on a 5 day sailing and another thread was musing that laundry was the only valuable CC benefit left.  Now I'm not sure if we'll even use that!  Good news is Bruins and the Sens are each outplaying the Habs!!

Edited by marieps

37 minutes ago, marieps said:

Greetings Senator fan!  I only asked because we're on a 5 day sailing and another thread was musing that laundry was the only valuable CC benefit left.  Now I'm not sure if we'll even use that!  Good news is Bruins and the Sens are each outplaying the Habs!!

Indeed they are! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I have seen it be different on different ships, not to worry though its usually on the coupon. 

No coupons anymore. In fact haven’t seen the coupons in a few years.  

We got a phone message from the CC Host that Wednesday was the last day to turn in laundry- we were disembarking on Saturday.

Edited by jelayne

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

No coupons anymore. In fact haven’t seen the coupons in a few years.  

We got a phone message from the CC Host that Wednesday was the last day to turn in laundry- we were disembarking on Saturday.

Your answer, Jelayne, was what I had anticipated.  We only have one night in port before embarkation, and we're driving.  I suspect the only reason to do laundry will be to pack a few clean clothes on the way out.  It would be different if we were limiting bags on a flight.  

24 minutes ago, marieps said:

Your answer, Jelayne, was what I had anticipated.  We only have one night in port before embarkation, and we're driving.  I suspect the only reason to do laundry will be to pack a few clean clothes on the way out.  It would be different if we were limiting bags on a flight.  

How long is your cruise?

12 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Correct, however, if you are really really nice to your cabin attendant you can hand it to them the following morning.  Also there used to be an extra bag on a b2b.

Five years ago we hit the Zenith level of the Captain's Club.  So we are very familiar with the Celebrity product.  We have done a great number of B2B, B2B2B series and longer.  The proposition that "there used to be an extra bag on a b2b" was certainly not our experience.

10 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Five years ago we hit the Zenith level of the Captain's Club.  So we are very familiar with the Celebrity product.  We have done a great number of B2B, B2B2B series and longer.  The proposition that "there used to be an extra bag on a b2b" was certainly not our experience.

But to be clear, each leg did have its own on your B2Bs, correct?  Wouldn't want folks to think they will be shorted one.

12 hours ago, LGW59 said:

How long is your cruise?

Just 5 days.  Don't think we'll need it, as we are not staying in the embarkation point more than 1 night.

I'm on Oceania for 12 nights in February.  We opt for the self laundry usually rather than ship service.

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

Tuesday for a Friday debarkation, Wednesday for a Saturday debarkation.

Interesting since the explanation of the Elite laundry benefit says it isn't available the last three days of the cruise. If you're disembarking on Saturday isn't Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday the last three days of the cruise? 

1 hour ago, HLN500 said:

The last DAY is Saturday.

Done laundry 2 days prior to disembarkation DAY  on past cruises ...no problem.

That's obviously how they are counting it but logically that doesn't make any sense. It's one think counting embarkation day, it's another counting disembarkation day as a day of your cruise. If that's the case then you're on an 8 day cruise, not seven.