Princess should formally announce that the Medallion App is problematic, instead of letting folks panic & flood phone lines

CineGraphic

Upper management has really missed the ball big time in their handling of the Medallion App fiasco.

Execs should be forced to answer the phones or deal with the chat lines for a day or two so they can get a real taste of just how frustrated their clients are with an app that can't seem to handle even the simplest of tasks.

Our pre-cruise experience has been a total failure, and it's a shame that they leave it to the crew on board to make up for the crappy pre-cruise experience.

It's time for Princess to fess-up, eat some humble pie, admit that there are problems, and inform folks ahead of time that their can address most issues at the port during check-in.

This would help to free up the phone lines considerably, and reduce the frustration & fear many are experiencing over the thought that they might not be able to sail.

It's such a simple solution, but I'm guessing that some highly paid PR firm has told them to never admit failure.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, brisalta said:

I updated my phone from Android 11 to Android 12 the other day and now the Medallion app behavior is even worse.

Wow. I'll skip update 

I know Princess wants everyone to use the app because it makes their job easier. For some it works. Others are just better off pretending it's 2019 and boarding under those guidelines  (priority boarding pass in final email before embarkation)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

I am probably going to jinx myself, but except for the fact that for a month I could not customize and order my medallions (it magically worked about a week ago after what felt like 100 tries...lol ) I seem to be doing ok on my relatively new Samsung device. That said, I have not yet used it on the ship....

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, crows nest club said:

Well said. I've given up and will just arrive with docs and let check in staff sort it. 

I would feel comfortable arriving at a US port with travel summary etc but hesitant to fly to Europe or anywhere outside the US without a boarding pass.

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

We have had no problem......I do not understand what the problem is.....we have several cruises loaded in the app and was able to make reservations and order things also???

But you're one of the many who for months on end expressed outrage with Princess and vowed never to cruise with them again. Change of heart?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

But you're one of the many who for months on end expressed outrage with Princess and vowed never to cruise with them again. Change of heart?

Yes that's what I thought when I read their post. Mystified.

• Like 1

Agreed. But we got off the Majestic last Saturday and rebooked a Mexican Riviera for the end of the month today.

Was I growing crazy trying to check in prior to the cruise? Yes. Did it function properly during the cruise? No, and even the Medallion Navigators couldn't get it to work.

Did this dissuade me from my rebooking another cruise in 30 days? Not in the least.

It's a great concept that's not yet ready for prime time, but it doesn't keep me from wanting to be out to sea.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Level six said:

I wish they would just let you do all the pre cruise forms, etc on the computer.  Can't they link the medallion with the computer.  It is so annoying.  I have been able to do it, but using the computer is much easier. 

Exactly. They have tried to force everyone to use the app instead of the website for a lot of the check-in info. They should have kept the previous website capabilities.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Level six said:

I wish they would just let you do all the pre cruise forms, etc on the computer.  Can't they link the medallion with the computer.  It is so annoying.  I have been able to do it, but using the computer is much easier. 

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

Exactly. They have tried to force everyone to use the app instead of the website for a lot of the check-in info. They should have kept the previous website capabilities.

They’ve stated that a web-based system is being created & last I heard the original late October 2021 launch date was extended until late November.

Although based on their poor track record of providing a reliable MC system & app it’d be surprising if their web-based system worked as promoted anytime soon. Sadly as we know from experience their launch dates for their MC system & app is not the same thing as having a fully functioning system & app.

22B1B23B-2987-4224-A90D-ECFBB2B2561D.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, maggie777 said:

I would feel comfortable arriving at a US port with travel summary etc but hesitant to fly to Europe or anywhere outside the US without a boarding pass.

Maggie- Luckily we are in UK and sailing from Southampton and was speaking from that aspect. 

If flying internationally, then maybe,  I too, would reconsider.