are we permitted to bring a few plastice bottles of H2O onboard in our carry on's on the 1st day?

retired dude

5 minutes ago, retired dude said:

We have been bringing a 6 pack of figi drinking water in our carry on's for many years, but have not sailed celebrity for some time..Is it  still allowed. thanks so much

Fiji much better than the standard water containers now served  onboard in cans. . You are allowed up to 12 bottles..   I was onboard Celebrity Edge in  September and brought my own even though I had upgraded beverage and Evian bottles available. 

6 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Friends don't let friends ruin good whiskey with water.

Actually, I have found a few, especially rum, that open up really well when a drop or two of water is added.  A friend of mine taught me this trick.  He travels with an eye dropped specifically for this reason. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It would be fair if they made you take the empty plastic bottles home with you.   Why should Celebrity be saddled with additional plastic waste because you won’t drink Evian water.

Award for uncalled comment.  What about bottles of wine, oh wait, that is in glass.

29 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It would be fair if they made you take the empty plastic bottles home with you.   Why should Celebrity be saddled with additional plastic waste because you won’t drink Evian water.

In the interest of being fair, I do hope that you take home all of the flyers delivered to you during the cruise rather than saddling Celebrity with additional paper waste. 😇

• Like 1

5 hours ago, retired dude said:

We have been bringing a 6 pack of figi drinking water in our carry on's for many years, but have not sailed celebrity for some time..Is it  still allowed. thanks so much

If you have a drink package there is no need to bring your own. Available at any bar

Edited by dkjretired

24 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. I know RC has a 12 bottles, cans or cartons limit.

Can I bring bottled water on Celebrity cruise ship?

As of September 1, 2018, on the day of boarding, guests can carry on small amounts of non-alcoholic beverages. “Small amounts” means 12 standard-size (17 oz/500 ml) cans, bottles or cartons of water, juice, soda, etc.Oct 7, 2021
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

I think you should check. I have been advised that plastic bottles of water and soda are now prohibited on Celebrity including carry on from passengers.  It is all part of their go green policy. Cans of soda are fine.

Who advised you? 

Edited by davekathy

17 minutes ago, Missymo said:
Can I bring bottled water on Celebrity cruise ship?

As of September 1, 2018, on the day of boarding, guests can carry on small amounts of non-alcoholic beverages. “Small amounts” means 12 standard-size (17 oz/500 ml) cans, bottles or cartons of water, juice, soda, etc.Oct 7, 2021

Thanks. We don't but good to know. Celebrity needs to publish this on their website. If it's there, I missed it. What source is this from? I realize you googled it. It's also over 3 years old. Just sayin'.

Edited by davekathy

From the Celebrity website:

Also effective June 2021, no non-alcoholic beverages will be permitted on the day of embarkation EXCEPT water in cans or cartons (absolutely no plastic bottles) at a limit of six liters per stateroom (i.e. 12 cans or cartons 500 ml or less) or 6 cans or cartons 1 liter or less).7

• Like 1

13 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Also effective June 2021, no non-alcoholic beverages will be permitted on the day of embarkation EXCEPT water in cans or cartons (absolutely no plastic bottles) at a limit of six liters per stateroom (i.e. 12 cans or cartons 500 ml or less) or 6 cans or cartons 1 liter or less).7

Could you provide a link? I've been unable to find this on the website.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

???🤔

If you book a cruise only, without perks....then you are charged for every can of soda.  Soda isn't free. Neither is bottled water.  Tap water, and the juices/punch/lemonade at the ocean view  and aqua cafes are the only free drinks. Unless I've missed something.

15 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Where did you find this?  I've looked and been unable to find it.  In Feb 2020, we took our favorite cherry juice to add to San Pellegrino and planned to do so again in 2 weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

Where did you find this?  I've looked and been unable to find it.  In Feb 2020, we took our favorite cherry juice to add to San Pellegrino and planned to do so again in 2 weeks. 

That info is copied from the alleged Holland America policy on this website: https://cruiseportadvisor.com/cruiseline-beverage-policies/