Concierge embarkation lunch

crimsonbird

37 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I was on the Millennium the last two weeks of September for a B2B.  Apparently the concierge embarkation luncheon was held on embarkation day.

Hopefully then it will be available on Summit May 2022. 

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Hopefully then it will be available on Summit May 2022. 

I suspect it will be.  We didn't actually attend when we were on the Millennium, but were invited since we were B2B passengers.  We were in a suite so had lunch on our turnaround day in Luminae.

I haven't re-read Jim of @Jim_Iain posts of their B2B Millennium coastal cruises, but I think I remember him posting a photo of the Concierge Class embarkation day luncheon entrance sign.  And @janetmojo is posting now from the Millennium; they almost missed the luncheon, which was held on schedule on embarkation day, because she had read accounts from some of the earliest cruises to resume after the global suspension that it wasn't held on embarkation day.

18 minutes ago, candydane said:

What is a concierge embarkation lunch?

So expand somewhat on @dkjretired's answer, the MDR is opened to Concierge Class passengers, B2B passengers and those who have reached the Zenith level of the Captain's Club on embarkation day for a welcome lunch.  The menu is limited.  For example, there are three entrees (if my memory is correct).  But it is nice to avoid the embarkation day craziness of the Ocean View cafe.

• Like 1

This is an interesting and timely thread.  We'll be on the Silhouette in December in a concierge class cabin.  I do hope they will be holding the lunch on embarkation day, as it's a nice place to hang out without the crowds in the buffet until the cabins are ready, and also because it's pointless to have it on any other day. 

• Like 1

I've been on Equinox and Millie recently and they had the Concierge Lunch on the 1st day after embarkation.   The Concierge Lunch is for Concierge, High Level Blue Chip, B2B and Zenith passengers only.    It is considered a perk as in the old days the only advantage was in name only.   Concierge now also has a dedicated Concierge.

I heard a Suite guest wanting to dine there and they were refused and told them to go to Luminae instead. 

• Like 1